Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone Concerned About...

Marquise Brown's foot injury? Don't know much about Lisfranc injuries other than what I Googled. Said could take 6-12 weeks to heal but can take up to a year or more. I seem to recall a few Lisfranc injuries in the past to Ravens players but can't remember who. Was it wise to draft MB given the uncertainty of this injury? Or needn't I be concerned?

Re: Anyone Concerned About...

It’s always going to be a concern but we just have to trust the doctors. Seeing him jogging while using the Juggs machine was a good sign. No noticeable limp while walking is also a good sign. Once Hollywood is back, this offense becomes hell.

Lisfranc injuries are always a concern. I can't think of a player who was fine the next season. Recently, we had Jimmy Smith and Rick Wagner, I think it was Wagner, both go down with a Lisfranc in 2014 and both played considerably worse in 2015. Jimmy didn't start playing well again until halfway into 2016

I said this right when he was drafted: it’s a very big concern. It took him off my round 1 board. This injury has a habit of staying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I said this right when he was drafted: it’s a very big concern. It took him off my round 1 board. This injury has a habit of staying around.
    That’s becoming less and less true. I can dig up the list league wide again if you want.

It *can* be a nagging issue certainly, but plenty come back without any long term issues. Decosta said they followed his recovery closely and they’re very comfortable with where he’s at. Also if any of yall watched that Road to the Draft special on ESPN+ that featured Hollywood it was clear he was attacking his recovery but also still taking every precaution.

Every serious injury is always a concern, and this was a serious injury, but I’m pretty optimistic here.

It's definitely a concern. However, I'm glad they're not rushing him back. Get it right and make sure he's in the best possible position to be healthy.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    That’s becoming less and less true. I can dig up the list league wide again if you want.

It *can* be a nagging issue certainly, but plenty come back without any long term issues. Decosta said they followed his recovery closely and they’re very comfortable with where he’s at. Also if any of yall watched that Road to the Draft special on ESPN+ that featured Hollywood it was clear he was attacking his recovery but also still taking every precaution.

Every serious injury is always a concern, and this was a serious injury, but I’m pretty optimistic here.
    Nj, I really hope you’re right. If Hollywood can come back the same, I’d be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Nj, I really hope you’re right. If Hollywood can come back the same, I’d be thrilled.
    I have no doubt he'll come back the same. Returning to that form isn't an issue with me.

It's staying in that form and not having lingering issues.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

I hope Hk reads this and can post his thoughts. He works in the field and knows his shit. I'm sure he could speak to this with a lot of knowledge.
    - Ray Lewis

Of course it is a concern. It is no more concerning now than at the time he was drafted. He could come back and it is never an issue again. He could come back and have issues with it or other leg issues due to it. Never know. You could draft a guy with no injury issue and he gets hurt early in training camp. Injuries are just part of the game. More concerning are the injury histories where the shoulder or knee are worn down where you know it is going to be an issue long term.

Blog Entries

My take is that DeCosta absolutely wanted Hollywood otherwise (a) why draft a WR with a Lisfranc injury, and (b) make him the 1st WR drafted in 2019? Apparently the Ravens hierarchy wasn't as concerned as some of us fans seem to be... Bc

Lisfranc injuries are reoccurring, lingering and sometimes career ending injuries.

Like others have stated, not much they can do now other than manage it and pray more don’t happen. He’s on the team now and there’s nothing anyone can do than hope he stays healthy.