Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

How different will the offense be?

Or rather, how different can it be?

They were already running the west coast offense last season which is the best offensive scheme for Lamar so how different could it be? IMO the important part is not so much changing the offense (maybe just the playcalling), but helping Lamar master that scheme.

I wish we had Kubiak because an offense like the one we saw from say 2005 Denver would be perfect for his skillset. It had Plummer looking somewhat decent even.

A lot of bootlegs. Sweeps. Off-tackle runs, etc.
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Re: How different will the offense be?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Or rather, how different can it be?

They were already running the west coast offense last season which is the best offensive scheme for Lamar so how different could it be? IMO the important part is not so much changing the offense (maybe just the playcalling), but helping Lamar master that scheme.

I wish we had Kubiak because an offense like the one we saw from say 2005 Denver would be perfect for his skillset. It had Plummer looking somewhat decent even.

A lot of bootlegs. Sweeps. Off-tackle runs, etc.
    Daniel Jones’ personal hype man is not credible enough to talk offense lol, Greg Roman is perfect for Lamar so go away LOL

I don't think it'l be as different as some have speculated. I think we'll see some different things for sure and hopefully the tendencies in terms of playcalling is different, but I don't imagine it's going to be that different.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Telling you - look at how Andy Reid uses the RB out of the backfield and opens up a lot of easy throws. That’s the trend

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Well, we've had three different WCO variations in the past and I don't think this offense is going to heavily resemble any of them. To me, there are three keys to focus on. Harbaugh, Roman and Oklahoma. John Harbaugh has always preferred that Bo Schembechler style of football. If forced to, he will deviate from it, but if he had his way that's how he would win. There is just a different glow to him when the Ravens win a game in that manner. It's very noticeable. Greg Roman has long been, not only a run-first coach, but a run-heavy coach. Then, there is Eric Decosta's affection for Oklahoma's style of play. Harbaugh's style says they won't deviate too far from what they did last season. Roman's history says the same. That just leaves Oklahoma. So, I'm inclined to agree with GreatWhiteNorthRaven on this one.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Telling you - look at how Andy Reid uses the RB out of the backfield and opens up a lot of easy throws. That’s the trend
    Agreed - we are likely to see the ball spread around a bunch and plenty of those passes are going to Mark Ingram and Justice Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Agreed - we are likely to see the ball spread around a bunch and plenty of those passes are going to Mark Ingram and Justice Hill.
    Jeff Z got asked about how the WR's looked and he responded and said it looked like the RBs and TEs caught more balls. So yeah definitely expect that
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoothSayer View Post
    Daniel Jones’ personal hype man is not credible enough to talk offense lol, Greg Roman is perfect for Lamar so go away LOL
    You're the only man I'll ever overhype sug

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Lamar needs easy throws especially in the beginning of the game to ignite his confidence

this O is gonna be LIT. i dont expe3ct them to show much during pre season

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    this O is gonna be LIT. i dont expe3ct them to show much during pre season
    I don't even want Lamar playing much in preseason.

1 series each in all 4 games and done. I'm perfectly fine with that.

We won't have a 'good idea' of what the O is until at least the 4th game of the regular season. The preseason will be the plainest of vanilla - Same old, same old.