Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: If Bethel gets cut do we get another comp pick?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Assuming health of course:

CB
    1) Marlon Humphrey
    2) Jimmy Smith
    3) Tavon Young
    4) Brandon Carr
    5) Anthony Averett
    6) Iman Marshall
    7) Justin Bethel

S
    1) Earl Thomas
    2) Tony Jefferson
    3) Anthony Levine
    4) Chuck Clark
    5) Deshon Elliott

If they do that, and carry the five safeties as rumored, that's 12 DBs. Not out of the question. It eliminates Maurice Canady, Cyrus Jones, Stanley Jean-Baptiste and any other DBs. It also means the team carries 13, maybe 14 front seven players.

I'm guessing Marshall makes the 53 and is usually inactive.
    That seems a reasonable list, except I think Iman Marshall will get a hang-nail and be IR'd... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    I've said it before, it's ridiculous. We know what we are getting from this guy. Why cut him just to replace him with an unknown commodity who we hope can at least equal what the known commodity was giving us.
    Well i think the idea in this instance is that the known commodity is a dispensable one given the position, whereas the unknown can be any position and fill a need

Again, I don't want to cut him. But the situation is a little more specific than just unknown and known commodity

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I kinda feel bad for Stanley Jean-Baptiste...he's had two pretty good offseason with us, but there's just a numbers game that's against his having a role on this team.
    We have very good defensive coaches and players to learn from. He’s learning a ton, and if he really plays well another team will pick him up. I think he has given himself his best chance to make an NFL roster by showing it in Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I kinda feel bad for Stanley Jean-Baptiste...he's had two pretty good offseason with us, but there's just a numbers game that's against his having a role on this team.
    He and Canady both will start games for other teams this season, write that down.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He and Canady both will start games for other teams this season, write that down.
    I’m just waiting for Humphrey to change his jersey # to 26 once Canady goes.. then I’ll get his jersey.

I am all aboard the Canaday can be a NFL starter bandwagon. If the team believes that too? I know we have some depth at CB but A 25 year old starting CB would be more helpful then a 32 year old career special teamer.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    I am all aboard the Canaday can be a NFL starter bandwagon. If the team believes that too? I know we have some depth at CB but A 25 year old starting CB would be more helpful then a 32 year old career special teamer.
    Not when we have 6 other starting. Corners and merely adequate special teams...
    I’m just going to keep banging the drum over how stupid he Marshall draft pick was. A 4th round pick for a guy that might struggle to make our PS if not for his draft status... literally zero chance, and I mean Literally, if climbing above 4th on a healthy depth chart for this year....