Blog Entries

Jon Stewart 9/11 Fund Hearing

https://youtu.be/iQkMJgaHAkY

Thought you all would like to see that. I agree with him. Incredibly shameful and a disgrace for how Congress acts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Jon Stewart 9/11 Fund Hearing

I agree but we have also all heard stories of people tangentially associated including people who worked there but weren't even present at the time. They need to make sure ALL the money goes to the first responders which is not what has happened in the past

It's been nearly 20 years - the first responders who were on scene that day should have their health care covered for life - period. Full stop.

This isn't a New York issue - there were planes that crashed in Washington and Pennsylvania (though not nearly to the same effect). Stewart is absolutely right in that there is no reason why this shouldn't have been a separate bill at least 15 years ago, with a straight up or down vote on this one issue.

I'd rather see a little bit of fraud perpetrated against Medicare (because that is likely who will be tasked with overseeing these expenses) with the possibility of uncovering it and prosecuting the offenders than see these men and women continue to fail to get the care they deserve.

I used to watch Jon Stewart every night. Absolutely loved him. He definitely leaned left, but he called it pretty fair vis-a-vis other news stations. He also kept it light and I loved that. Lifes serious enough. You can get information and be entertained.

He's been talking about this for YEARS. Good on him. I know some people think he tries to pass the buck because when he gets called out he says he's a comedian first, but I mean that's what he is. It's not his fault he's a comedian first and just so happens to be better than most news stations.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

They passed the bill unanimously after he laid into them today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They passed the bill unanimously after he laid into them today.
    I know celebrities get a ton of shit around here for their views, but Bravo for Stewart on following through with this. Its been a mission of his for almost a decade, if not longer privately, and hes accomplished quite a feat to get congress to actually approve these bills. the "#neverforget" is somewhat ironic when all congress wants us to do is forget so they can stop paying for these first responders and bad publicity seems to be the only thing that holds them to keeping that promise.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I know celebrities get a ton of shit around here for their views, but Bravo for Stewart on following through with this. Its been a mission of his for almost a decade, if not longer privately, and hes accomplished quite a feat to get congress to actually approve these bills. the "#neverforget" is somewhat ironic when all congress wants us to do is forget so they can stop paying for these first responders and bad publicity seems to be the only thing that holds them to keeping that promise.
    I was tickled pink to see his rant circulate like it did. This is a PRIME example of how Congress really operates. They'll pack that fucking room for some opportunity to posture and virtue signal about something that, literally, a majority of Americans don't give a DAMN about. But something legitimate? That most Americans DO care about? Fucking crickets. It doesn't allow them to get on a soap box and grandstand before the cameras.

It's despicable.

I was almost hoping that Stewart would hold a press conference or something right outside of Congress for all of the major media networks urging Americans to NOT vote for these shitbirds anymore.

They don't care about us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I was tickled pink to see his rant circulate like it did. This is a PRIME example of how Congress really operates. They'll pack that fucking room for some opportunity to posture and virtue signal about something that, literally, a majority of Americans don't give a DAMN about. But something legitimate? That most Americans DO care about? Fucking crickets. It doesn't allow them to get on a soap box and grandstand before the cameras.

It's despicable.

I was almost hoping that Stewart would hold a press conference or something right outside of Congress for all of the major media networks urging Americans to NOT vote for these shitbirds anymore.

They don't care about us.
    Part of me hopes that they didnt go, because they already knew they were going to pass this anyway, but im not sure how much I believe that to be true. I think it making the rounds on social media really did play a part in it passing and years past his persistence was credited as the reason when it wasnt expected to pass. I think yesterday was more of the same and as soon as theyre not getting called out for it, they wont bother doing the "right" thing. thats the only accountability we have.

reminds me of a quote...
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.

Sadly I dont think thats true these days.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

That was good. From what I understand they passed the bill. I'm sure his testimony helped.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Part of me hopes that they didnt go, because they already knew they were going to pass this anyway, but im not sure how much I believe that to be true. I think it making the rounds on social media really did play a part in it passing and years past his persistence was credited as the reason when it wasnt expected to pass. I think yesterday was more of the same and as soon as theyre not getting called out for it, they wont bother doing the "right" thing. thats the only accountability we have.

reminds me of a quote...
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.

Sadly I dont think thats true these days.
    Even if that were the case (I don't believe for a second it was), those first responders still deserve the respect of showing up and listening to every single one of them who wants to testify. Even if you planned on voting for it already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Even if that were the case (I don't believe for a second it was), those first responders still deserve the respect of showing up and listening to every single one of them who wants to testify. Even if you planned on voting for it already.
    I agree.
    -JAB