Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Wobble

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    It's overblown. It really is. Lamar will be fine
    To be clear, I think Lamar is fine. It's just that the title of the thread is "Wobble," people are trying to wrap their heads around what wobble is and what effect it has, and I was merely trying to add to that discussion. If I'd found a nice thorough explanation of wobble somewhere else on the web I would've just posted a link to it, but I didn't find one, so I decided to post my own. It's less about Lamar and more about quarterbacking in general. And it's not like every diehard fan has to understand the mechanics of throwing a football, but for those who do want to understand it, when they come to a thread called "Wobble" that tries to break down what wobble is over a 5 part OP, maybe they might want to learn what actually causes wobble and what effects it has on the game.

Blog Entries

Wobblegate

Since this is going to be the running joke of training camp/preseason, it might as well have its own thread.

My personal opinion is that the wobbling will not largely make a difference, so long as the pass gets there. It does make the pass a little trickier to catch.

Now, the one guy that posters seem to turn to, when the wobble issue is inflamed, is Peyton Manning. For the most part, it didn’t affect Manning. However, there was one glaring area where it did, throughout his career, that I think it could affect Jackson the same: Those outdoor late season elements. You can go back and watch any number of Manning outdoor playoff games where the elements were a factor, and he looks nothing like RCA Done/regular season Manning. There’s a reason why it took him six years to win his first playoff game. He had that ‘Regular season QB’ label on him. Those are the games where that ball has to cut through the cold air and wind.

If you also remember, Manning didn’t switch WRs often. He had a lot of mainstays who were accustomed to catching his passes. That also helped and I think it would help Jackson here as well.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Since this is going to be the running joke of training camp/preseason, it might as well have its own thread.

My personal opinion is that the wobbling will not largely make a difference, so long as the pass gets there. It does make the pass a little trickier to catch.

Now, the one guy that posters seem to turn to, when the wobble issue is inflamed, is Peyton Manning. For the most part, it didn’t affect Manning. However, there was one glaring area where it did, throughout his career, that I think it could affect Jackson the same: Those outdoor late season elements. You can go back and watch any number of Manning outdoor playoff games where the elements were a factor, and he looks nothing like RCA Done/regular season Manning. There’s a reason why it took him six years to win his first playoff game. He had that ‘Regular season QB’ label on him. Those are the games where that ball has to cut through the cold air and wind.

If you also remember, Manning didn’t switch WRs often. He had a lot of mainstays who were accustomed to catching his passes. That also helped and I think it would help Jackson here as well.
    We literally have an entire thread on this already.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    We literally have an entire thread on this already.
    Relentless

Re: Wobblegate

I think late season Manning is a really interesting point. Hopefully Lamar gets over it before the playoffs this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I think late season Manning is a really interesting point. Hopefully Lamar gets over it before the playoffs this year.

I hope so too. Last year was the first one and done playoff appearance we’ve had in over ten years. I was glad to forget the taste of that.

I hope so too. Last year was the first one and done playoff appearance we’ve had in over ten years. I was glad to forget the taste of that.
    If all goes well they'll erase the taste of it this year. even though you don't drink

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    If all goes well they'll erase the taste of it this year. even though you don't drink

Is there a such thing as toasting water?

Is there a such thing as toasting water?
    I've got 3 girls under the age of ten, so yes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Hell I was glad we fucking had the taste of playoffs. I don’t know what the hell yoire talking about
    Seven years without winning a playoff game, with two demoralizing home losses in that mix, is what I’m talking about. Compared to six playoff appearances without a one and done. I’d rather not make the playoffs.

Seven years without winning a playoff game, with two demoralizing home losses in that mix, is what I’m talking about. Compared to six playoff appearances without a one and done. I’d rather not make the playoffs.
    I think you’re in it to win it all. If not, then you need to be rebuilding to win it all. Last year was an embarrassment of a coaching performance and we were outplayed. No excuse for the first part. Defeat seemed conceded from the beginning. No changes to the game plan from weeks ago?

Blog Entries

Insecurities about Lamar Jackson

Let’s face it, I would have caught heat, even if I didn’t start this thread. There is some serious, serious insecurity about Lamar Jackson around here. There is a lot of nervousness that, even with the improved offensive investment, Jackson will still flop. Rather than being open about that, deflection has taken place, via two ways. One way is that Flacco was traded months ago. Yet, for all of the talk about posters being glad he’s gone, there’s been at least a half dozen Flacco threads made since he was gone, and none of them that I remember, were made by known Flacco apologists such as myself (For example). The other is by hyper-defense of every little Lamar Jackson criticism.

The only poster who has been willing to admit it is Culex. He admitted that the main reason he pumped up Lamar was to fan the flames against Flacco, for entertainment purposes, but that he is not sold on Lamar Jackson at all.

Not counting Jackson himself, they’ve spent five around 1-3 picks on offense, the past two years. It took them twice as long to do that for Flacco. From the year Flacco was drafted (2008) to the year before Lamar Jackson was drafted (2017), they spent 5 Round 1-3 picks on WRs/TEs. In the two years since? 4.

Yet, there is still trepidation. Many said Marty was the problem. He’s gone. Even still, there is this insecurity about Jackson.

Admittedly a Flacco fan still, I don’t remember posting one gif as a means of proving that Flacco could throw against a Cover-2 defense. I don’t remember trying to post one throw in practice as proof of anything either. This is next level stuff here.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore