Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A funny joke

Re: A funny joke

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    You know, I am a minister and pretty serious about dating and marriage and all that stuff, plus I know the Browns are improving and have real hope. That said, the OP joke was just funny.

We need some football news; things are too slow here.
    I agree....I laughed at it. It was funny. There's no harm in the joke. It wasn't mean spirited in any way. But...as a fan, since it was at the expense of my team, I had to respond, which I thought was in good taste, and not mean spirited.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    I agree....I laughed at it. It was funny. There's no harm in the joke. It wasn't mean spirited in any way. But...as a fan, since it was at the expense of my team, I had to respond, which I thought was in good taste, and not mean spirited.
    Wait! You are a Browns fan? Then in the words of Monty Python "Burn him Burn him!" :)

Wait! You are a Browns fan? Then in the words of Monty Python "Burn him Burn him!" :)
    If you truly are a minister and a Ravens fan, you might want to say a few extra prayers for your team. Your faith will be tested soon.

Now...that was funny!..LOL!

Reminds me of this...

and this...

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Wolfman, I understand you are a fan. Things you fall in love with as a kid growing up last you a lifetime, like sports teams you first cheer for. The Browns biggest problem has been the front office, coaches and owner not players. I still think that the owner will decide his input will make the team better and screw them up before they can get to a winning tradition.

Teams who win a lot of games find ways to win close games because they expect to win them and grab any opportunity. Teams who lose a lot of games just know something is going to go wrong and often it does, then they fold. The Browns need three or four straight seasons of 9-10 wins to fix their confidence problem. That’s a tall order. In today’s nfl.

The Haslams have been the biggest problem with this team since they became owners. Since Dorsey was hired, things are different. This is not the team that went 0-16 or 1-15. Hue Jackson is gone, thank God. The main question now is Freddie Kitchens. You never know how a coach will do, when he becomes HC. I'm optimistic with our qb and the changes Dorsey has made. We fans are long overdue for a watchable team, let alone a winner.

Blog Entries

You should never just assume anything. I'm older than you think. Since you asked....the last time the Cleveland Browns won the NFL Championship, I listened to the game on a 3 transistor radio that required an earphone plugged into your ear. I was 14 years old, and the Browns were one of the winningest NFL teams. The Steelers were a joke, the Ravens would not even exist for another 42 years. So..I've seen plenty of winning seasons with the Browns since then. That particular game was supposed to be a one sided domination by the Baltimore Colts. If you are not educated in NFL history, I will enlighten you. The Cleveland Browns won the game by a score of 27 to 0....and the game wasn't that close. I know this is ancient history, so it doesn't mean anything. So is the domination of the AFCN, by the Steelers / Ravens. To quote the prophetic words of my generation...." the times, they are a'changin'".
    I hate to admit it (not being a Browns fan), but I did see that 1964 championship game. Wolf, wasn't it 0 - 0 at halftime? My recollection's a bit foggy. BTW, I am older than you are and as you posted saw some very good Browns football. Now if only they could have beaten Elway just once... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I hate to admit it (not being a Browns fan), but I did see that 1964 championship game. Wolf, wasn't it 0 - 0 at halftime? My recollection's a bit foggy. BTW, I am older than you are and as you posted saw some very good Browns football. Now if only they could have beaten Elway just once... Bc
    I don't remember the halftime score of that game, but it's good to know that there are still a few of us around, who know the NFL didn't begin in the '70's or '80's. You had to bring up Elway?

You had to bring up Elway?
    Well it is one thing that BAL and CLE fans have in common: F$%# John Elway!

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: A funny joke

I don't remember the halftime score of that game, but it's good to know that there are still a few of us around, who know the NFL didn't begin in the '70's or '80's. You had to bring up Elway?
    My sincere and deepest apologies... Bc

You should never just assume anything. I'm older than you think. Since you asked....the last time the Cleveland Browns won the NFL Championship, I listened to the game on a 3 transistor radio that required an earphone plugged into your ear. I was 14 years old....
    So you have been rooting for the Ravens that long? Wow.