Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Super Congratulations to GreatWhiteNorthRaven

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Then why didn't they win game 7 when Draymond was there?
    Because.........oh shut up you know why LOL

Lebron is in his seventeenth season, after making more than a half dozen consecutive NBA Finals.
    The eastern conference was a joke for most of those years tho and still mostly is
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Honestly, if Durant plays, stick Leonard on Durant, single up and make sure nobody else gets off. Durant has scored well on Kawhi, but I'm still daring him to do it enough coming off of such a long absence.
    Klay and curry would feast

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The eastern conference was a joke for most of those years tho and still mostly is
    Then why did the Warriors need Durant in the first place?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Because of Lebron

Some thoughts for tomorrow.

I don't buy into the percentages and likelihood. When the lights are on and the tip goes up it's an indivdual game. Technically the Bucks had a 92% chance to win when they were up 2-0. The Raps have a 98% chance to win historically.

But if anyone is going to be the 2% it's GS.

Gotta take care of business. In terms of gameplan, I really dont think they can adjust until what they are doing ins't working.

It sounds simplistic, I know, but open shots are the key. The Raps get a ton of them, more than I can remember seeing many teams get. THey use a lot of ball movement and penatration to draw defenders. Then swing, then sometimes drive again and kick out once again.

I know it sounds stupid, but hitting open shots puts them on runs. No one has really adjusted to close out on them and I think it's because of their athleticsm. Kawhi is very hard to stop on the drive because of his strength, Siakam is so quick for a 4 that forwards sturggle with him (his spin step is going to be elite if he improves his touch), Lowry takes it to the hole with reckless abandon. Danny and Gasol don't offer the drive, but Gasol can use old school post moves with a decent little jump hook.

It's really about Spicy and Kawhi's drive that pulls defenders mostly. I don't think Siakam is so good that he demands a double team, but I do think he's so athletic that it draws a lot of help defense.

So like I siad, I wouldn't change a lot. Keep playing O, and hit your shots.

On D, All you can do is contain Klay and Steph. When they get hot no contests can slow them down (the 47 point game was mental, he was closed out on a lot).

Piss Boogie off with some early elbows is a good start. Draymond is kind of like SImmonds. He's good, but he can't stretch the floor and create his own shot. Great vision though and obvioulsy really good on D.

Just. Fucking. Win. Lets go.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Some thoughts for tomorrow.

I don't buy into the percentages and likelihood. When the lights are on and the tip goes up it's an indivdual game. Technically the Bucks had a 92% chance to win when they were up 2-0. The Raps have a 98% chance to win historically.

But if anyone is going to be the 2% it's GS.

Gotta take care of business. In terms of gameplan, I really dont think they can adjust until what they are doing ins't working.

It sounds simplistic, I know, but open shots are the key. The Raps get a ton of them, more than I can remember seeing many teams get. THey use a lot of ball movement and penatration to draw defenders. Then swing, then sometimes drive again and kick out once again.

I know it sounds stupid, but hitting open shots puts them on runs. No one has really adjusted to close out on them and I think it's because of their athleticsm. Kawhi is very hard to stop on the drive because of his strength, Siakam is so quick for a 4 that forwards sturggle with him (his spin step is going to be elite if he improves his touch), Lowry takes it to the hole with reckless abandon. Danny and Gasol don't offer the drive, but Gasol can use old school post moves with a decent little jump hook.

It's really about Spicy and Kawhi's drive that pulls defenders mostly. I don't think Siakam is so good that he demands a double team, but I do think he's so athletic that it draws a lot of help defense.

So like I siad, I wouldn't change a lot. Keep playing O, and hit your shots.

On D, All you can do is contain Klay and Steph. When they get hot no contests can slow them down (the 47 point game was mental, he was closed out on a lot).

Piss Boogie off with some early elbows is a good start. Draymond is kind of like SImmonds. He's good, but he can't stretch the floor and create his own shot. Great vision though and obvioulsy really good on D.

Just. Fucking. Win. Lets go.
    Cole Kawhi will definitely get the last laugh 😂

https://youtu.be/zIwh0njInPk

At the time they got him I don't think they did need him but took him anyway because he's a star.

Now they definitely do need him.
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

At the time they got him I don't think they did need him but took him anyway because he's a star.

I don't think they need him. BUT when you change an offense for a guy like KD and then lose him it really changes the way you play offense.

The Raps have taken advantage. Iggy doesn't require a double, which means you can close out on Steph and Klay much easier.

With KD playing, they would have had to send help like they did with Giannis and that cuold have given Steph and Klay better looks or given KD cleaner iso's. The only thing is that Durant would have been guarded by the best perimeter defender in the world, so ti would have been interesting.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Well Draymond was on phone recruiting him the day they lost game 7 and the whole team went to recruit him. I think he would have went there anyway, but they were certainly convinced that they needed him.

Blog Entries

Did they have the awards yet?

I know my friend Rav Italki is beaming in Toronto. I was rooting for them for his sake. Serves Steph Curry right.