Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Harford Cnty , MD
    Posts
    8,871

    75yrs After D-Day.

    Ravens fam lets take 5 mins and think about the brave /crazy/ patriotic men who risked and gave their lives for our freedom.




    “You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Harford Cnty , MD
    Posts
    8,871

    Re: 75yrs After D-Day.



    All gave some ...some gave all.


    “You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    8,545

    Re: 75yrs After D-Day.

    I think abiut it every day of my life. I'm thankful for the men and women that came before me to pave the way for the freedom we have today to make our choices regardless of others opinions.

    I looked up to the men and the women before me in the armed forces. Let's not forget the families: spouses, daughters, sons, mothers, fathers that lost loved ones for us to do what we do today.

    Even if you don't support the "system" of what our country is founded upon, you can damn sure support the people that sacrificed us to criticize that system.

    Semper Fi
    Bad times don't last, but bad guys do. - Razor Ramon





  4. #4

    Re: 75yrs After D-Day.

    Of all people...Amber Theoharris actually had a FANTASTIC take on what DDay means...

    “When remembering the allies D-Day victory, take the time to imagine what the world would be today if they lost. What was on the line? The entire continent of Europe save the UK & parts of Russia were under the control of a maniacal tyrant, the US could’ve been next.

    The genocide of Jews, Africans, Eastern Europeans, homosexuals , the disabled would’ve led to the annihilation of entire populations. Evil was taking over the world. The US was losing the war... until these boys ran into a hailstorm of bullets because it was the last option.

    Failure would’ve ensured a Nazi victory and the war lost. A thank you seems insufficient. They truly were the greatest generation. Please... tell your kids about these men. Don’t ever forget they saved the world.”



    GOOSEBUMPS!

    To not know the historical ramifications of the actions of these men on this day 75 years ago is to not know what has made America great.





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    13,059

    Re: 75yrs After D-Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Of all people...Amber Theoharris actually had a FANTASTIC take on what DDay means...

    “When remembering the allies D-Day victory, take the time to imagine what the world would be today if they lost. What was on the line? The entire continent of Europe save the UK & parts of Russia were under the control of a maniacal tyrant, the US could’ve been next.

    The genocide of Jews, Africans, Eastern Europeans, homosexuals , the disabled would’ve led to the annihilation of entire populations. Evil was taking over the world. The US was losing the war... until these boys ran into a hailstorm of bullets because it was the last option.

    Failure would’ve ensured a Nazi victory and the war lost. A thank you seems insufficient. They truly were the greatest generation. Please... tell your kids about these men. Don’t ever forget they saved the world.”



    GOOSEBUMPS!

    To not know the historical ramifications of the actions of these men on this day 75 years ago is to not know what has made America great.
    Or just have them watch Band of Brothers
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    8,545

    Re: 75yrs After D-Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Or just have them watch Band of Brothers
    One of the best series of all time.
    Bad times don't last, but bad guys do. - Razor Ramon





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    13,059

    Re: 75yrs After D-Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I think abiut it every day of my life. I'm thankful for the men and women that came before me to pave the way for the freedom we have today to make our choices regardless of others opinions.

    I looked up to the men and the women before me in the armed forces. Let's not forget the families: spouses, daughters, sons, mothers, fathers that lost loved ones for us to do what we do today.

    Even if you don't support the "system" of what our country is founded upon, you can damn sure support the people that sacrificed us to criticize that system.

    Semper Fi
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    13,059

    Re: 75yrs After D-Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    One of the best series of all time.
    Easily top 3
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    8,545

    Re: 75yrs After D-Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Easily top 3
    I look at it a tad differently since it's a mini series. So it doesn't fit the same criteria as say the wire or braking bad. But it's a top ten watch easily.
    Bad times don't last, but bad guys do. - Razor Ramon





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    13,059

    Re: 75yrs After D-Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I look at it a tad differently since it's a mini series. So it doesn't fit the same criteria as say the wire or braking bad. But it's a top ten watch easily.
    Agreed. I guess I mean top 3 to watch but definitely in a different category
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    8,545

    Re: 75yrs After D-Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Agreed. I guess I mean top 3 to watch but definitely in a different category
    I hear ya. I'd there was one show that I would pick to have a binge day with some buddies in the man cave and drink... That would be it.

    As a Marine I was obviously hoping the pacific would be better, but I pride myself on being objective... It's not close which one is better.
    Bad times don't last, but bad guys do. - Razor Ramon





  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Harford Cnty , MD
    Posts
    8,871

    Re: 75yrs After D-Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I hear ya. I'd there was one show that I would pick to have a binge day with some buddies in the man cave and drink... That would be it.

    As a Marine I was obviously hoping the pacific would be better, but I pride myself on being objective... It's not close which one is better.
    Agreed. Pacific is good ...but Easy Company is much better.


    “You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site