Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: OT: International Soccer This Summer (Womens World Cup, Gold Cup, U-20 World Cup, ...)

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Men's National Team, for their 'production' or lack thereof, should be striving to earn what the women are making, not the other way round. Pay Champions, not posers.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Re: OT: International Soccer This Summer (Womens World Cup, Gold Cup, U-20 World Cup, ...)

All things should be equal when you're representing your country.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The most goals ever scored by a team at a World Cup is 25 (USA '91 and Germany '03). After 1 and a half games we're at 16! And they're mostly playing they're 2nd string of players in this game. Granted, we've started with the two easiest opponents we'll face this World Cup, but this team has a chance to smash that record and set a record that would be difficult to break.

Christen Press must be wondering how the heck did she not score a goal vs. Chile. She was stonewalled three times by Christiane Endler. Between those stops, another great save on Lindsey Horan, a Carli Lloyd miss on a penalty shot, plus Lloyd hitting the post, the score could have been 9-0 instead of 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Christen Press must be wondering how the heck did she not score a goal vs. Chile. She was stonewalled three times by Christiane Endler. Between those stops, another great save on Lindsey Horan, a Carli Lloyd miss on a penalty shot, plus Lloyd hitting the post, the score could have been 9-0 instead of 3-0.
    That is why the play the games.

Blog Entries

yeah, that was much more of an ass whoppin than the score says. hats off to that goalie. I cheered a few times at how amazing some of those blocks were. Press was working, theres no ankles left on chiles backs.

I know level of competition is hard to compare, but the other top teams just havent looked good to me in general. maybe they turn a light switch, but i really dont think anybody compares to the way the US is playing right now. I think you could split the US into an A and B and theyd make their way to the finals, thats how much better I see them as then the rest of the field. I mean make no mistake, that was their B-team out there and some players that likely wont see many more minutes the rest of the way.
    -JAB

Press was amazing in the 2nd half. That keeper did a fantastic job to keep her from scoring. She would've had several goals against the Thailand keeper. I must have cursed them talking about the goals record for them not to score in the 2nd half though.

I didn't agree with the PK call, but Lloyd put it wide anyway.

It was impressive to see them win easily with nearly their entire 2nd string playing, but Thailand and Chile may be two of the worst teams in the tournament. It will definitely get harder from here. The game against Sweden almost doesn't matter, but at least it will be a quality opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Men's National Team, for their 'production' or lack thereof, should be striving to earn what the women are making, not the other way round. Pay Champions, not posers.
    I enjoy watching the womens soccer more than the mens for sure but I also realize there is more to the pay discussion. The women's game just does not get the same draw as the mens. I am guessing the TV contracts are much smaller because it is far less popular in other countries. I hope the womens game continues to grow so that they get paid more.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I enjoy watching the womens soccer more than the mens for sure but I also realize there is more to the pay discussion. The women's game just does not get the same draw as the mens. I am guessing the TV contracts are much smaller because it is far less popular in other countries. I hope the womens game continues to grow so that they get paid more.
    Until the USMNT wins the World Cup or a least makes the finals of the World Cup they are posers taking money under false pretenses.

Blog Entries

US Women's team is crushing it. They're very impressive. Just have to get past Sweden now. Hats to Christiane Endler for Chili! Wow. Fantastic performance versus the US.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Seriously how is this hard to understand. The rest of the world barely pays attention to women’s sports in general.
    Wages are based on revenue, not some magical “value” based on “equality” or success.

pa the wo-man!!!