Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deshon Elliott

Re: Deshon Elliott

We need some more of this on our defense. IF you come across the middle, you have to pay a toll.

https://youtu.be/n-w32Qz-9pA

https://youtu.be/XTRUOZQIgjA

Nice play during the preseason

https://youtu.be/8jyesIsfpG8

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Chuck Clark is basically the Buck Allen of safeties.
    Exactly. He’s about as expendable as they come. Based on college tape, Elliot has potential to be a star. We haven’t had a safety that violent since Bernard Pollard. He made some plays last preseason as well.
    I take This quote differently. Buck Allen was a very valuable, versatile piece of a roster that fills a lot of cracks. He’s about the opposite of expendable. The flashy star seeking players usually have far less versatility. Kenneth Dixon is an example of a player on a similar level to Buck Allen but with more star/starting potential, but dramatically less versatility. A roster needs half a dozen players like Buck Allen, and the roster cutdown numbers game doesn’t work well at all without them.

Blog Entries

Exactly. He’s (Clark) about as expendable as they come. Based on college tape, Elliot has potential to be a star. We haven’t had a safety that violent since Bernard Pollard. He made some plays last preseason as well.
    Mac, I have to disagree. Chuck Clark in his two years as a Raven has 34 tackles (28 solo), 1 INT, and 3 PDs. While most of those have come on Special Teams, I think he has talent to get onto the field in the "D" too. I'm not for outright cutting Deshon Elliott, but he'd have to show something pretty good before I'd send C.C. packing... Bc

Based on college tape, Elliot has potential to be a star. We haven’t had a safety that violent since Bernard Pollard.
    Is he fast? Rangy?

We need some more of this on our defense. IF you come across the middle, you have to pay a toll.

https://youtu.be/n-w32Qz-9pA

https://youtu.be/XTRUOZQIgjA

Nice play during the preseason

https://youtu.be/8jyesIsfpG8
    That play on tori Hunter Jr is a flag, fine and possible suspension in the nfl

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    No, but with around 8 guys listed as CBs, and I'm sure one or two could play Safety if need be, the Ravens Dbacks are going to be in a squeeze for roster spots. That's actually a pleasant problem... Bc
    On the other hand, Levine does a number of things well on the field and might allow another position to be roster-squeezed. In a passing league, it's possible that the Ravens could go with fewer LBs and more DBs.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Is he fast? Rangy?
    I'm a Deshon Elliot fan. However, my hazy memory is:
    One year college starter
    4.6 40 (?)
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    In a passing league, it's possible that the Ravens could go with fewer LBs and more DBs.
    I think we have room for 5 safeties given their role on ST, dime packages, & what Filmstudy calls the Big Nickel packages.

If Elliott is healthy & plays well enough to earn it this summer, then I'd say we'd have room.

Not to mention Levine is aging & if you want to move on from TJ (which I doubt) then Clark & Elliott are a nice pair left in the chamber.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Elliot will be a major starter/contributor within 2. He's a monster coming up to lay the smack down. High ceiling. He was a steal in the draft. You'll see, you all will seee........

Glad to be back

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Is he fast? Rangy?
    Above average speed for a safety but not overly rangy. He’s not the best cover safety but he’s not terrible at it either. I’m a Texas fan, and you could easily tell he was the best player on the field most games. The best comparison I can come up with is Dashon Goldson when he was one of the best safeties in the game. He reminds me a little of HaHa Clinton-dix too but he’s more violent.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Mac, I have to disagree. Chuck Clark in his two years as a Raven has 34 tackles (28 solo), 1 INT, and 3 PDs. While most of those have come on Special Teams, I think he has talent to get onto the field in the "D" too. I'm not for outright cutting Deshon Elliott, but he'd have to show something pretty good before I'd send C.C. packing... Bc
    I understand BC and it’s tough to make a case for him because he was injured his first year and didn’t show much outside of the HOF game. At this point all I can say is just wait and see. This guy has some serious talent that we stole in the 5th round. 2 time first team all American at Texas and the best player on their Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Elliot will be a major starter/contributor within 2. He's a monster coming up to lay the smack down. High ceiling. He was a steal in the draft. You'll see, you all will seee........

Glad to be back
    Agree 100%. Dude can straight up ball. 6’2 fast, 6 int his senior year and will take your head smooth off.