Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Peanut

Re: Peanut

Very good insight here. I'm rooting for Peanut. He plays fast and hard.

I don't think we will miss CJ a ton. I think the young guys will step up and I believe Wink is great at adjustments in-game and through-out the season, as many pointed out.

This is a good example, ironically, Peanut is the MIKE on this play on the strong side of the field, but the ball goes weakside.

Young sheds and makes a great play.

https://twitter.com/abukari/status/1131560268440514560
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Wink just stated I'd say Peanut is 1 of the starters and that Kenny and Board are really competing for the Will

Went on about how impressed he was with his improvement on communicating.
    "God may own his soul but I own his [butt]."- 6-time Pro Bowl OLB/DE Terrell Suggs in 2011 (DPLOY season), describing his dominance of Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger.

I just looked up Chris Board in the Ravens media guide. Some interesting factoids:

* Second-team All-State at safety as a HS senior in Orlando;
    All-Metro and All-District first-teamer w 109 tackles, 4 INTs & 8 PD.

* Spec teams beast. Led N Dakota St in ST tackles as a (redshirt) freshman, soph & junior. Not sure about senior yr.

* Played in all 15 games as a (redshirt) sophomore, incl four starts at strong safety. Moved to backup OLB late in the season.

* Honor Roll in college, with a degree in accounting & criminal justice, minor in psychology.

ND St is a big-time program. Board's senior year, they won their sixth FCS Natl Champship in seven years.

Similar to Peanut: background at safety, moved to LB. Not to be dramatic, but Brian Urlacher had that background too.

It might be time for me to stop thinking of Board as a gimmick, and start thinking of him as a real football player. With two ex-safety's at MLB, the Ravens would be putting a ton of speed on the field. Remember the days when we couldn't cover TEs? That shit could be behind us.

And hell, if this football thing doesn't work out for him, with his degree(s) Board could legit join the FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I just looked up Chris Board in the Ravens media guide. Some interesting factoids:

* Second-team All-State at safety as a HS senior in Orlando;
    All-Metro and All-District first-teamer w 109 tackles, 4 INTs & 8 PD.

* Spec teams beast. Led N Dakota St in ST tackles as a (redshirt) freshman, soph & junior. Not sure about senior yr.

* Played in all 15 games as a (redshirt) sophomore, incl four starts at strong safety. Moved to backup OLB late in the season.

* Honor Roll in college, with a degree in accounting & criminal justice, minor in psychology.

ND St is a big-time program. Board's senior year, they won their sixth FCS Natl Champship in seven years.

Similar to Peanut: background at safety, moved to LB. Not to be dramatic, but Brian Urlacher had that background too.

It might be time for me to stop thinking of Board as a gimmick, and start thinking of him as a real football player. With two ex-safety's at MLB, the Ravens would be putting a ton of speed on the field. Remember the days when we couldn't cover TEs? That shit could be behind us.

And hell, if this football thing doesn't work out for him, with his degree(s) Board could legit join the FBI.
    He's got the physique to run down the ex-presidents!

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    He's got the physique to run down the ex-presidents!

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Such a great flick. "We've been screwing you for years, so a few more seconds shouldn't matter!"

Such a great flick. "We've been screwing you for years, so a few more seconds shouldn't matter!"
    "He's not coming back."

"You slow down this bus will explode!!!!"

Such a great flick.
    I suppose it will surprise no one that I have a long complicated take on the subtext in this movie.

I posted it in the comments when the AV Club reviewed it nine years ago, as part of their cult classics series. You can savor it here, if interested:
    (Comments won't load in Chrome for some reason, but Firefox works)

I can't even believe they remade it. I boycotted the remake. My wife asked if I wanted to see it, and I practically shouted "HELL NO!"

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    "You slow down this bus will explode!!!!"
    Wrong Keanu flick.

Called it! Peanut is not the answer for our defensive QB (but I do still enjoy his tackling).

Blog Entries

Was never a fan of putting it all on him. Really wanted to bring in Zach Brown or another vet. That said, I’m not sure Brown has been too good in Philadelphia. Still not a fan of the idea that we should have paid Mosley that kinda money.

I do however think we probably should have ponied up for Zardarius