Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 OTAs

Re: 2019 OTAs

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Polarizing? Do you realize who our prior QB was? ... Bc
    Yeah that guy was and still is polarizing even with him being in Denver LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Who’s the player we fall in love with this preseason that does absolutely nothing in the regular season. We have one every year. Who we got this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hayden Hurst

Who’s the player we fall in love with this preseason that does absolutely nothing in the regular season. We have one every year. Who we got this year?

Has to be a receiver. It’s always a receiver.

Or Matt Furstenburg. It’s always Matt Furstenburg.

OBJ is gonna be a pro bowler

Offense: Jordan Lasley
    Defense: Tyus Bowser

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Thursday, it's going to all be about Lamar. Overreacting if one pass wobbles. Overreacting if everything checks out. It's amazing how polarizing Lamar is.
    Ive never really cared too much about how tight the spirals are. Heck, I’ve read that a slight degree of wobble is good. But I digress....I’m not concerned about look as much as the mechanics and form of the throwing motion and I will be looking for perfect form especially in drills.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BMORERavens View Post
    I can see the need for the nit-picking, but I’m of the few that understands this is apart of his game. If he can make that type of throw when needed, and it works, I’m fine with it. So, at this point, it is nit-picky.. to me at least.
    Agreed. The key words are: when needed. There is no need to throw sidearm during drills. Lamar is a QB that is still building the base of throwing motion fundamentals and imho perfect practice makes perfect. You do it right in a controlled practice environment to the point where you can’t get it wrong.

If the mechanics/throwing form weren’t weak spots of his game I wouldn’t care about a sidearm throw here or there during drills. But for right know, I always want to see Lamar throw with perfect form during practice.

From Ravens OTA photos, good to see Brown catching passes. Will be exciting to see him in the offense. Boykin as well....

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    But for right know, I always want to see Lamar throw with perfect form during practice.
    Not me. I have never been concerned about his arm slotting, because he's shown that sometimes he does it to get around a defender. Lamar's ability to change his arm slot with the situation is a strength.

It's all about the lower body, for me. Is he positioning his feet before the throw, and getting his hips into it? That's all I care about with his mechanics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Not me. I have never been concerned about his arm slotting, because he's shown that sometimes he does it to get around a defender. Lamar's ability to change his arm slot with the situation is a strength.

It's all about the lower body, for me. Is he positioning his feet before the throw, and getting his hips into it? That's all I care about with his mechanics.
    If we’re his coaches(scary thought) why would you allow him to do part of the throwing process incorrectly during a drill? And just to be clear I’m only talking about during the drills. Of course there situations where the ability to throw from different arm angles and platforms is a strength. You’re preaching to the preacher on that note. But that’s not what I’m talking about here. Here I’m talking about his form during drills.

One of the areas I want Lamar to improve on is arm angle slot/mechanics. Over the top or 3/4 at most is what I want to see during drills.
    I felt that some of throws Lamar missed were due to careless arm angle slotting. I thought he was much sloppier/had more poor arm angles last year then he did at Louisville and I want to see that cleaned up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Agreed. The key words are: when needed. There is no need to throw sidearm during drills. Lamar is a QB that is still building the base of throwing motion fundamentals and imho perfect practice makes perfect. You do it right in a controlled practice environment to the point where you can’t get it wrong.

If the mechanics/throwing form weren’t weak spots of his game I wouldn’t care about a sidearm throw here or there during drills. But for right know, I always want to see Lamar throw with perfect form during practice.
    Yes, when needed is where my stance begins and ends at. Now, if he’s sidearming passes often within practice then I’ll be concerned and stress mechanics, but if it’s once every so often to improvise I’ll take that. All those things we don’t know because of the limited footage from practice so far. Cheers to Thursday!
    (Creative) 6x Ballot Grammy Nominee’s | (Writers) Author’s of The Plea for Righteousness | (Inspirers) Never Lose Hope | (Speakers) Humanitarianism matters | “Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.” – Albert Einstein | https://www.instagram.com/thashadoz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

I agree with this. Improvising and field vision seems to be his strength (so far)
    (Creative) 6x Ballot Grammy Nominee’s | (Writers) Author’s of The Plea for Righteousness | (Inspirers) Never Lose Hope | (Speakers) Humanitarianism matters | “Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.” – Albert Einstein | https://www.instagram.com/thashadoz