Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Off -season grade

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Hahaha. You got it GOTA.

What makes you think we aren’t better though?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Miles Boykin & Hakeem Butler would have been pretty great.
    Hakeem Butler instead of Miles Boykin would have been great

Ducks**

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Hahaha. You got it GOTA.

What makes you think we aren’t better though?
    Wide receiver to me was by far the biggest need. It wasn’t good last year and it looks even worse. I still can’t see how Marquise Brown fits in this offense at all except as a deep decoy.

The pass rush I don’t think is as dire but it’s a step back. Suggs comments about how he was treated bugged me because they could have brought him back and really needed to.

I’m okay with not paying Mosley but you just lost a pro bowl middle linebacker and replaced him with no one. I see the same issues the Steelers had when they lost Shazier.

Those 3 areas specifically I see as worse in 2019. I’m very worried that Lamar Jackson specifically is going to get the worst of it because of the wide receiver situation. I really think the road to success for LJ is to copy what the Bears did with Trubisky last year. They gave him Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel and Trey Burton in 2018. We just gave Jackson Michael Floyd. That’s not how you build around your developing quarterback.

Wide receiver to me was by far the biggest need. It wasn’t good last year and it looks even worse. I still can’t see how Marquise Brown fits in this offense at all except as a deep decoy.

The pass rush I don’t think is as dire but it’s a step back. Suggs comments about how he was treated bugged me because they could have brought him back and really needed to.

I’m okay with not paying Mosley but you just lost a pro bowl middle linebacker and replaced him with no one. I see the same issues the Steelers had when they lost Shazier.

Those 3 areas specifically I see as worse in 2019. I’m very worried that Lamar Jackson specifically is going to get the worst of it because of the wide receiver situation. I really think the road to success for LJ is to copy what the Bears did with Trubisky last year. They gave him Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel and Trey Burton in 2018. We just gave Jackson Michael Floyd. That’s not how you build around your developing quarterback.
    You make some really good points.

Blog Entries

When it comes to read-option and RPO, it doesn’t just limit what you ask the Quarterback to do. It limits what you ask the entire offense to do. All of these different ways that posters are saying Brown can be used, won’t likely come into play, in a run-heavy offense with Read option and RPOs.

Blog Entries

You make some really good points.
    Honestly I hope I'm wrong and once I see it I'll understand the team's plan better. Right now though, I'm a little worried about this season.

Hakeem Butler instead of Miles Boykin would have been great
    I had 'em one/two in the class. Almost interchangeable: slightly different strengths, but not a big deal.

I’m very worried that Lamar Jackson specifically is going to get the worst of it because of the wide receiver situation. I really think the road to success for LJ is to copy what the Bears did with Trubisky last year. They gave him Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel and Trey Burton in 2018. We just gave Jackson Michael Floyd. That’s not how you build around your developing quarterback.
    It's a shame we didn't draft someone. At least a 7th-rd flyer like Campanaro.

GOTA with a gif I love it lol

I go B+ to A-. Of course we don't know how people will work out but we did what we had to do in trading Flacco (we had moved on), let Suggs and Weddle go (had to be done, the wheels were failing), and in effect traded Mosley for Thomas (new leader on defense). Urban will be replaced by Wormley and Seiler and we will miss Z. Smith but W. Henry, Ferguson (hopefully replaces Suggs), Willis, Seiler, Ferguson and T. Williams (plus Ray) hopefully will pick up the slack.

Meanwhile on offense we have a major infusion of talent. The only way the offseason could have been better on this side of the ball is if we would have signed a center.

So maybe it will all crash like a house of cards but I have hope and we have cap space.
    Last edited by RevBarnes; 05-18-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    So maybe it will all crash like a house of cars but I have hope and we have cap space.

Re: WR’s... I get It. Our floor is lower than last year, and is perhaps as Low as any team in football history... but the ceiling is at least so much higher...
    Last edited by jonboy79; 05-19-2019 at 08:21 AM.