Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Off -season grade

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They did try to sign Ansah and Justin Houston but it didn't work out. And they drafted the NCAA sack record holder
    The only thing they could have done was use the 1st rounder on pass rush, like Sweat, but even if we spent both 3rds on WR we'd have people complaining we didn't adequately address WR like they're saying we didn't address pass rush with Ferguson.

To me the grade isn't based on 'did he completely fix every problem area on the team in one offseason?' It's more like, 'did he avoid bad signings? Did he make responsible decisions in FA that address needs? Did he draft players that can make an impact or just JAGs? Did he find arbitrage opportunities (getting more talent than he paid for in draft capital or salary)?

To all those I say Yes! Can't expect him to field the perfect team in one offseason, especially when the FA and Draft options might simply have not existed. But again, I think with 1 more draft and 100M in cap we have the potential to become the perennial playoff juggernaut we were from 2008 to 2012.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Agreed, but a damn C+? What the hell is that
    Is this team better or worse than last year? It’s that simple. The talent on this team just isn’t as good and that falls on the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Is this team better or worse than last year? It’s that simple. The talent on this team just isn’t as good and that falls one the GM.
    No disrespect but you are wrong

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoothSayer View Post
    No disrespect but you are wrong
    No disrespect at all. It’s an opinion. You have yours and I have mine. Time will tell which one of us is right.

Blog Entries

First, any draft is a crapshoot. I believe his picks where the best value EDC could do with. As far a free agency, he NAILED it.

We did not overpay to keep any of our departing free agents that would have continued the tradition of hamstringing the salary cap. Additionally, he landed in my opinion who when healthy is the closest thing to Ed Reed, Earl Thomas. Bro is a game changer, who the hell on this defense even if it was #1 struck fear into an offense? Bet your ass Brady will be concerned where ET is at all times.

Mark Ingram is a stud pickup.

What the verdict will be is like any other team, we won’t know until the season starts, but based off the moves, I see this as an A offseason.

I’m basically with BatMan. A solid C++? Not quite a B-
    To many unknowns. Rookies at the key Wr spots. Only ONE Olinemen drafted.
    We still have an unproven QB. An under preforming TE, a “brand new Offense “ and add to that rookies at the WR spot.
    Now this offseason may prove to be an A if both Boykin and Hollywood Hit and The Oline is much improved with Powers. I think the secondary is the only solid part of this team besides ST. Everything else is ...wait and see.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Is this team better or worse than last year? It’s that simple. The talent on this team just isn’t as good and that falls on the GM.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Context is everything. Given where we've been with the cap, and where will be this time next year, the off-season has been an overwhelming success - an A+.
    That's where I am.

Everyone seems to be forgetting: at the beginning of this offseason, we were on the hook for Joe Flacco's next three years of salary.

2019: $18M
    2020: $20M
    2012: $24M

You compare where this organization is today vs where it was just 13 months ago – cap space, talent, future prospects – it is not and day. Of course it's an A+. Couldn't possibly be anything else.

Yes, even if some of the moves turn out to be mistakes or don't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    A+

Its not just moves EDC made, it's the moves he didn't make. He caught a lot of flack for letting guys walk but it was the right call. Maybe some people would have picked a different wide receiver or would have preferred a first round pass rusher instead, but he still addressed these needs instead of being crazy and doing something stupid. First round of free agency with ET and Ingram was a total win. ... I'm giddy to think what he'll do next year with an additional draft and 100 million in cap space.
    And not signing any old guys. The only player over 30 is McPhee – who just turned 30 in December.

SOOOOOO much better. Flat-out better.

Cap-space & contract situations, too.

Credit to the two GMs.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    SOOOOOO much better. Flat-out better.

Cap-space & contract situations, too.

Credit to the two GMs.
    Yeah I don’t understand how we aren’t a better team.

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    even if we spent both 3rds on WR we'd have people complaining we didn't adequately address WR
    Miles Boykin & Hakeem Butler would have been pretty great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    What?