Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: A moral obligation to impeach

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Wait... if "facts" are on her side... like you claim... then why would she have to wait for more information? Does that make sense?

The 60% of the country that despise Trump? That isn't even close to true. He's actually gained popularity during the impeachment. Currently a majority of Americans are against impeachment... that doesn't sound like 60% or even close.
    Emerson has the highest weighted poll at the moment on his general approval rating, and he's not even at 50% disapproval... and that's not "despise"... that is just, "I don't really like what he's saying..."

I've called you out before for using made up %'s... knock it off man. You don't like Trump, and that is fine, but no need to be over-dramatic about it and just make stuff up...
    Do you expect anything different? He supports a party that just, quite literally, made stuff up to impeach the President.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Do you expect anything different? He supports a party that just, quite literally, made stuff up to impeach the President.
    What do you mean made stuff up?

Abusing power and obstructing Congress violations have put countless people in jail over the years.

In fact, next to cutting off the "do not remove" tag on a mattress, it's 2 of the absolute worst statutes any person can violate.

Wait... if "facts" are on her side... like you claim... then why would she have to wait for more information? Does that make sense?

The 60% of the country that despise Trump? That isn't even close to true. He's actually gained popularity during the impeachment. Currently a majority of Americans are against impeachment... that doesn't sound like 60% or even close.
    Emerson has the highest weighted poll at the moment on his general approval rating, and he's not even at 50% disapproval... and that's not "despise"... that is just, "I don't really like what he's saying..."

I've called you out before for using made up %'s... knock it off man. You don't like Trump, and that is fine, but no need to be over-dramatic about it and just make stuff up...
    Trump's approval waffles between about 38% and 42%. It has been that way since day one. That is his ceiling. Their just aren't enough old angry white guys to get him higher than that number. The majority of this country thinks he is a complete clown. Saying 60% despises him is easily spot on.

Just about every impeachment poll has put numbers higher for impeachment than not. Many if not most, have removal at around 50%.

If you watched the hearings, you would understand how the facts go against Trump. He is being coddled and protected by those around him just like he has always been. He is giant baby when it comes down to it. Just watch him whine and complain endlessly. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand why Trump won't allow people with first hand knowledge to testify AND why the defense of Democrats having only second hand knowledge is used over and over again by Republicans. Clearly you are okay with that inconvenient fact but you are in that 38% that needs your great white dope to be successful at any cost. All you need to do is read the released memo to know what is going on. An eighth grade reading level is all that is necessary.

Just wow... coming from the personification of being over-dramatic, and who lies all the time and doesn´t even try or dare to back it up, doing nothing but ad hominems. Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    All you need to do is read the released memo to know what is going on. An eighth grade reading level is all that is necessary.
    So really if all that was needed was the memo (I’m taking that as the transcript of the call) then the dems wouldn’t have had to go that sideshow with ‘evidence’ like I thought and I felt and it was my understanding that so and so described it as such.

Trump's approval waffles between about 38% and 42%. It has been that way since day one. That is his ceiling. Their just aren't enough old angry white guys to get him higher than that number. The majority of this country thinks he is a complete clown. Saying 60% despises him is easily spot on.

Just about every impeachment poll has put numbers higher for impeachment than not. Many if not most, have removal at around 50%.

If you watched the hearings, you would understand how the facts go against Trump. He is being coddled and protected by those around him just like he has always been. He is giant baby when it comes down to it. Just watch him whine and complain endlessly. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand why Trump won't allow people with first hand knowledge to testify AND why the defense of Democrats having only second hand knowledge is used over and over again by Republicans. Clearly you are okay with that inconvenient fact but you are in that 38% that needs your great white dope to be successful at any cost. All you need to do is read the released memo to know what is going on. An eighth grade reading level is all that is necessary.
    meanwhile, to push your "impeach him" mantra, your side only had to lie, see Adam Schiff telling everyone what the president said on the call when he had no freaking idea; call an ally world leader a liar, see the entire democrat party say there was a quid pro quo when the purported victim said there was none; have closed door, secret hearings then claim they were transparent; hold that circus of an inquiry and then hold the articles hostage unless and until they get what they call fair rules from the senate (that kinda sounds like quid pro quo, no?)......jokes, the lot of them are.

Quote Originally Posted by RFChuck View Post
    meanwhile, to push your "impeach him" mantra, your side only had to lie, see Adam Schiff telling everyone what the president said on the call when he had no freaking idea; call an ally world leader a liar, see the entire democrat party say there was a quid pro quo when the purported victim said there was none; have closed door, secret hearings then claim they were transparent; hold that circus of an inquiry and then hold the articles hostage unless and until they get what they call fair rules from the senate (that kinda sounds like quid pro quo, no?)......jokes, the lot of them are.
    I'm not certain why you are arguing with him... he flat out lied in his response to my comment... here is 538's own website that discredits his entire post: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

This was somewhat of a biased poll as well where weighted averages weren't really explained, and they usually poll about 10%-15% more democrats for these, so I'm not sure how they calculated it but whatever... even the most favorable polls prove cornelius is lying, so who cares what he thinks?
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Galen is still taking polls in him home, and thinks that is how the rest of America thinks.

I bet 60% of the people that checked into the “safe space” with him in November 2016, also agreed with him.

This was the most ignorant thing he's said hands down.
    The most ignorant thing I've said hands-down, is that Republicans warrant the same "benefit of the doubt" for having a "reasonable point of view" as everyone else does. Or that they have any grasp of (or even interest in!) objective reality or "truth".

Time was I wouldn't have even questioned that. In retrospect I should have rejected it by the late-90s, if not earlier.

There is literally an investigation, on paper, concluding that ...
    There is literally an investigation, on paper, concluding that at the time the FBI investigation was opened, information “reasonably indicated activity constituting either a federal crime or a threat to national security, or both, may have occurred or may be occurring.” It also “concluded that William Priestap’s exercise of discretion in opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision.” It further “concluded that the quantum of information articulated by the FBI to open the individual investigations on Papadopoulos, Page, Flynn, and Manafort in August 2016 was sufficient to satisfy the low threshold established by the Department and the FBI.”

It also notes that some or many agents and sources involved in the investigation were Trump suppoprters. Includes in a footnote at least one instant-messaging exchange between a Handling Agent and co-case Handling Agent (for an informant) that suggests "bias" far outweighing anything shown between Lisa & Pete: very explicitly pro-Trump and anti-Hillary. "Shit just got real!" etc.

But obviously the Repub outrage machine isn't going to highlight that one. We're never going to get endless repetitions of how the election was like a great SB comeback, the way we did of the sweet nothings Lisa txted to Pete. Never forget the fundamental Republican principle: "It's wrong when Democrats do it."

...the FBI LIED to the FISA Court, and the FISA court is on record stating that is exactly what happened.
    AND, yes, the investigation also uncovered 17 significant inaccuracies and omissions in FISA applications for Carter Page (incl 7 on the first application). It “raised significant questions regarding the FBI chain of command’s management and supervision of the FISA process.” That shit's gotta get cleaned up. Judge Collyer's observation that it “calls into question whether information contained in other FBI applications is reliable” is exactly on point. Wray's "40 reforms" are a start, but I bet not the end.

The IG is opening a wider audit, to see if the problem is more widespread. I have to assume it is, since his report noted that “basic and fundamental errors were made on four FISA applications by three separate, handpicked teams, on one of the most sensitive FBI investigations.” A lady with the ACLU made the point that if procedures are violated THERE, then there must be even grosser violations in cases of other, less high-profile targets: activists, American Muslims, etc etc.

My wife is a big podcast fan. On the Lawfare one last week, they had a guy who was legal counsel in the DOJ during W's administration, who said that if the errors in the Carter Page app's were anything like a typical percentage, then FISA can't continue, at least not without "radical reform". I'm all for it. Secret surveillance courts are – I guess I have to concede the necessity: but it seems a fundamentally "un-American" idea, and at a minimum participants damn well need to dot their Is and cross their Ts.

But! Repubs want us to make the leap that "errors" – severe procedural violations – around Page FISA stuff mean that all every shred of FBI investigation or Mueller's findings vanish in a puff of smoke. That's such obvious bullshit. The FBI investigation was opened on reasonable suspicion of either federal crime to threat to natl security, in compliance with DOJ and FBI policies. Period.

Also – isn't Carter Page barely even in the Mueller report? I thought Mueller found him "tangential". Some unanswered questions, but not considered central. The report did not "establish" that Page coordinated with Russia. So, the guy who arguably they shouldn't have surveilled because of flaws in the warrant, is a guy they didn't find anything on. This is literally a non-event in terms of Team Trump malfeasance and investigation of same.

By all means reform FISA or even abolish it. But don't lie to me that any "witch hunt" of Trump was uncovered. Or ever existed anywhere but in the fevered imagination of Repubs.

Complete loss of any referent power by Jim.
    Ooooo, referent power! I have to say, I just automatically assumed that as a hysterical libtard, I never had any of that down here to begin with. So it seems like an empty statement. There was none to lose. But thanks for the other kind comments.

Currently a majority of Americans are against impeachment...
    Last poll I saw said something different: that a majority of Americans were for impeachment; but that there was not a majority for removal. But this was several days ago – might have changed.

I said this at the top: political expediency and poll-watching must not be allowed to be the determining factor in the House's course of action. If your numbers are right, then I'm glad it wasn't. The Senate will keep the Orange Clown in office, so if your poll number is right then The People will be happy.

Emerson has the highest weighted poll at the moment on his general approval rating, and he's not even at 50% disapproval...
    538 has 52% "disapprove" on their site today. But they don't themselves poll, instead they do some kind of weighted poll aggregation.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    T

But! Repubs want us to make the leap that "errors" – severe procedural violations – around Page FISA stuff mean that all every shred of FBI investigation or Mueller's findings vanish in a puff of smoke. That's such obvious bullshit. The FBI investigation was opened on reasonable suspicion of either federal crime to threat to natl security, in compliance with DOJ and FBI policies. Period.

Also – isn't Carter Page barely even in the Mueller report? I thought Mueller found him "tangential". Some unanswered questions, but not considered central. The report did not "establish" that Page coordinated with Russia. So, the guy who arguably they shouldn't have surveilled because of flaws in the warrant, is a guy they didn't find anything on. This is literally a non-event in terms of Team Trump malfeasance and investigation of same.

You mean the mueller report that found no Russia trump collusion?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Abusing power and obstructing Congress violations have put countless people in jail over the years.
    You made a similar quip in one of the other impeachment threads a day or so ago. It's gotta be about the stupidest thing I've ever read.

So, your view is that only actions that are on-the-books "crimes" can constitute impeachable conduct. Right?