Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: A moral obligation to impeach

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Ugh. Even MSNBC and CNN have moved on from Russia. Let it go dude you’re all by yourself on this one.
    He's like a pit bull and a chew toy.

The funniest part about the whole Russia thing...IMO...is when people intentionally ignore the findings of the 3 investigations that looked into all of it and believe what they want despite it. I get it. I understand the emotional connection to it. I just didn't think people still believed it. I was wrong.

At the center of it all was Mueller, the dastardly Russian troll farm who "influenced" our election...and of course, the evil orange menace.

A few thoughts... Btw, I can't believe we're talking about this.................still.

1) Mueller: “The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

Game over. Thanks for playing.

Despite this...we're being told that Russia colluded w/the Trump campaign and that we're right-wing idiots for agreeing w/Mueller's findings and the other 2 investigations that didn't find ANYTHING.

2) Since Mueller indicted Russians for "interfering" in our election...that equates to certain proof that Trump and his campaign were complicit and/or they supported the effort. So what actually happened?

Mueller indicted people from a Russian company accused of running a “troll farm." The story was that this troll farm was engaged in a sophisticated effort...in connection w/the Russian government...to "sow discord" on social media in America. This connection was "confirmed" by the Mueller team. There's just one problem. His investigators didn't actually establish a link between that private company and the Kremlin despite what the press incessantly reported.

The Mueller team said that the head of this evil "troll farm" has ties to Putin. No proof. Just a hunch. While in court, the lawyers on the Mueller team couldn't prove the connection. Uhhhhhhhhhh, shouldn't that be easy? It was "confirmed"...right? That's what ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, MSNBC, and CNN were reporting. Nope! The US District Judge overseeing this stupid case wasn't buying it. He ruled that there is no evidence that there's any connection whatsoever. Oops. That kinda sucks. Especially since THE RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT are the bad guys helping the evil orange dictator. This ruling certainly didn't help the narrative which is why nobody really reported on this minus the evil sith lords at Fox News.

It's interesting that Mueller's team wasn't able to prove the troll farm/Russia connection, but they pushed it anway. Kinda makes you wonder...what else were they being disingenuous about?

In a nutshell, this "troll farm" released clickbait on FB and Twitter which disparaged Hillary Clinton, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio, and used its influence to support Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. Rod Rosenstein said..."after the election, the defendants allegedly staged rallies to support the president-elect, while simultaneously staging rallies to protest his election. The defendant organized one rally to support the president-elect and another rally to oppose him, both in New York, on the same day.” Lol. In New York? One of the most liberal places in the world? Yeah, ok. Very sophisticated. Lol. I think Michael Moore attended the protest. Maybe he's a Russian spy?

Social media ads are seen everywhere...everyday. However...the social media ads that were put out by a private Russian internet company...destroyed our election integrity. THESE social media ads changed the landscape of American politics. I know I voted for Trump because of it. I remember in April of 2016, I saw that Nikolai Volkoff liked a tweet that this Russian troll farm put out. That "like" really made me want to vote for Trump. I'm actually still under Russian control and am typing this post while watching Drago training scenes from Rocky 4. I digress...

Also from Rosenstein: “There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity. There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election.”

So...when you add in “The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government in its election interference activities.” from the guy whose team looked into everything TRUMP with an unlimited budget...why is this even being questioned?

It's over. The results are in. The game is over. The Media, the Left, the DNC, the FBI...they all lost.

Of course...I'm just a right-wing idiot who blindly follows Fox News because it's so obvious that Trumpinski colluded w/Russia even though the US government couldn't prove it after roughly 3 years of investigations
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 02-13-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    So what actually happened?:
    That's the question. During the "investigation" people thought that "Russia interfering with our election" meant they hacked our voting machines. When what really happened is what you outlined above.. some terrible facebook ads. How is this even something people devoted their time to?

That's the question. During the "investigation" people thought that "Russia interfering with our election" meant they hacked our voting machines. When what really happened is what you outlined above.. some terrible facebook ads. How is this even something people devoted their time to?
    I remember speaking w/a few people at my old job about this.

They really believed that Russians hacked our voting machines and Trump was helping to cover it up. I don't work there anymore, but I wouldn't be shocked if they still thought that.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    I agree with most things you say. I just think the genesis of the why the government gets involved in these things has everything to do with "other" people advocating for these issues to lace their pockets. "other" people meaning lobbyist, corporations, politicians.

Gun lobby advocates so that manufacturers can make more money. Masking it in the second amendment. War lobby advocates so that big consulting firms can rape our pockets with more government contracts that have a 50/50 success ratio. Hell most of the time they don't care if project fails, as long as the put butts in seats and make money. Religious advocacy so that the masses can gather up in a super mega church that requires you to show your w-2 to validate your required tiding percentage. Healthcare advocates so that they can tweak rules and laws to make a killing on pharmaceuticals and etc. Law and order advocates so that more people go to jail (big time business). On and on it goes with many other things.

And all political parties are guilty of it. And here is the trick. The wedge issues you speak about, is the smokescreen to distract people from what is really going on. People lacing their pockets. I know this is cynical, that just how I see it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    In response to Ditkas several spot on posts, and your response here...I agree with pretty much everything Ditka outlined as responsibilities of the federal government, and pretty much with your assessment of how government got so bloated and involved in "out of scope" areas.

The big question is how to reverse course without completely disrupting the economy. It would have to be a major multi-year approach. Easiest first step would be don't backfill positions when someone retires or goes to private sector. But there are over 2 million civilian employees (which excludes usps). It would take a long time to put a dent in that. And that's just the headcount. What about the other bloated federal spending? The federal government has literally become not just "too big to fail" but "too big to downsize".

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    I just think the genesis of the why the government gets involved in these things has everything to do with "other" people advocating for these issues to lace their pockets. "other" people meaning lobbyist, corporations, politicians.
    Uhhhhhhh... yeah. It's a super convoluted scam to get get paid exorbitant amounts of money from the prize piggy bank (our tax dollars). The longer you're in the game, the more money you can make. This is what is meant by...THE SWAMP. It's a racket as long as everyone in the club shuts the hell up and doesn't talk about it.

Sadly, there are probably so many people who play the game fair and square and are lumped into the muck with the people who have been there for 30+ years who do just enough to get re-elected while not doing anything for their constituents while at the same time reaping the benefits of relationships tied to..."foreign aid."
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 02-13-2020 at 01:11 PM.

What's funny is that I remember when they (MSM and Democrats) reporting on this... if you even read CNN's timeline, it is hilarious. Knowing what we know now, nearly everything after September 22nd is a lie.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/12/26/us/20...cts/index.html
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

My wife and I spend about that much money on our very small, hyper-regional facebook ads in a year. That is how stupid all of this is. It is meant to just confuse people with no knowledge of such things... THEY know this because they should be researching it... they just count on their watchers to NOT check them on their findings.

The whole thing was ridiculous.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    My wife and I spend about that much money on our very small, hyper-regional facebook ads in a year. That is how stupid all of this is. It is meant to just confuse people with no knowledge of such things... THEY know this because they should be researching it... they just count on their watchers to NOT check them on their findings.

The whole thing was ridiculous.
    I can honestly say, I don't think I've ever clicked on an internet ad (at least intentionally). Most time I don't even notice them, they are just taking up space on the page to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I can honestly say, I don't think I've ever clicked on an internet ad (at least intentionally). Most time I don't even notice them, they are just taking up space on the page to me.
    There is a way to do it that isn't bad and intrusive. You ever see the ads they were talking about? They were like the cheapest, crappiest ones. It was like Hillary Clinton being Microsoft Painted (not even photoshop) with devil horns lol.

Somehow, those ads... convinced WI & PA to vote for Trump? Yeahhhh... probably not...

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    There is a way to do it that isn't bad and intrusive. You ever see the ads they were talking about? They were like the cheapest, crappiest ones. It was like Hillary Clinton being Microsoft Painted (not even photoshop) with devil horns lol.

Somehow, those ads... convinced WI & PA to vote for Trump? Yeahhhh... probably not...
    Russian interference:

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post

I love that the Anti-Trump one had so many likes... hahaha... Who did Russia help again?