Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: A moral obligation to impeach

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Don't get your hopes up. He's going to side step the issue.
    I'd be ok w/any political figure facing the consequences of committing a crime.

Ya know...what if someone hypothetically destroyed evidence by smashing cell phones w/hammers and using bleachbit to wipe hard-drives so the FBI wouldn't be able to do an analysis on evidence that might shed some light on what really happened. To me...if something like that occurred...that is CLEARLY destroying evidence...which I believe is against the law.

Of course, that's not nearly as sinister as tweeting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I'd be ok w/any political figure facing the consequences of committing a crime.

Ya know...what if someone hypothetically destroyed evidence by smashing cell phones w/hammers and using bleachbit to wipe hard-drives so the FBI wouldn't be able to do an analysis on evidence that might shed some light on what really happened. To me...if something like that occurred...that is CLEARLY destroying evidence...which I believe is against the law.

Of course, that's not nearly as sinister as tweeting.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    She’s the reason many voted for Trump. The better of two evils.
    shes not president (thankfully) so shes irrelevant to Jims OP

I have yet to see a logical argument that Trump did not obstruct justice, he clearly did. My evidence is the Mueller report.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoRaven View Post
    I have yet to see a logical argument that Trump did not obstruct justice, he clearly did. My evidence is the Mueller report.

I haven't seen a logical case made for it. Can you do that... using the Mueller report for me?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I haven't seen a logical case made for it. Can you do that... using the Mueller report for me?
    Do you mean each instance that he instructed someone to shut down or impede an investigation, including physical evidence and witnesses?

Do you mean each instance that he instructed someone to shut down or impede an investigation, including physical evidence and witnesses?
    I’m confused.

Did Trump exercise his executive privilege in firing Mueller? From what I understand he cooperated fully.

Did he not?

If he cooperated fully, how did he obstruct them looking into a crime that never happened? I don’t get it.

Blog Entries

I'm asking you to lay out for me what you said. "He clearly did, my evidence is the Mueller report". So show me where and how it's obstruction, otherwise your comment was just an assertion.

I believe he means any instance, with supporting commentary that explains why. Especially why it's not in the Presidents power to do so.
    Like firing James Comey doesn't count. Cause, well he could fire Comey for any reason or no reason at all.

What about all the Russia talk? Why is that so readily dismissed now that it was a proven lie?

The Left/MSM and people like Schiff...for 3 years...said there was clear evidence that Trump illegally colluded with Russia to sway the election. Since we know these evil Russians bought Facebook ads...what part did Trump play in that? Maybe I missed that evidence in Mueller’s dossier?

As Gerald Ford once said "The only honest answer is that an impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers [it] to be at a given moment in history; conviction results from whatever offense or offenses two-thirds of the other body considers to be sufficiently serious to require removal of the accused from office."

Congress and the Senate can impeach a ham sandwich if they wanted to. Just don't pretend it's based on something else other then the personal desire of democrats. Mueller spent two years investigating collusion and found none. He was a coward on obstruction he didn't want the blowblack from declining to prosecute so he left it to Barr to take the fall.

It worked too. Mueller has walked away from all this scott free it's Barr that has been attacked repeatedly by the Democrats and their friends in the media for essentially doing the thing Mueller was afraid to. So after all that Democrats still are on the impeachment warpath talking about moral obligations and what not. What about theirs? Schiff lied for two years and called the president an agent of the enemy. That has shown to be completely baseless. Where is his comeuppance? Watters twice voted the most corrupt senator in congress by the citizens for ethics and has been accused of getting sweetheart loans in exchange for favors has never released her tax returns is beating the drum for Trumps financial records and leading the charge of impeachment.

Pelosi has not released her tax returns either. In fact members of congress often have not released their tax returns.

Take a look: http://media.cq.com/media/congress-tax-returns-2017/

37 out 530 members of congress released their tax returns in 2017. These same people are demanding Trump release his. He should use the same law to force every member of congress to release their tax returns.

Releasing tax returns is a long standing practice of presidential candidates. It is not a requirement. This is where the Dems get it wrong. There are approximately 500 legal entities in the Trump Organization. Trumps tax returns are extremely complex with the various business interests and legal entities. If released, 1) I doubt many in Congress could make sense of them, and 2) they would pick and choose what they wanted to highlight in an effort to embarrass him.

I am also sure they take advantage of every tax loop hole available - that's not illegal, it's smart. He has teams of lawyers/accountants preparing them. I am sure all of the returns have already been heavily scrutinized by the IRS. If they've found nothing to get him on, then I don't expect Congress to.