Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: A moral obligation to impeach

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont know if theres any protections for that, especially when this whole thing was started by a whistleblower in the first place, and is following checks and balances.
    You mean created by a fake whistleblower

Blog Entries

lacking character? thats quite a judgement.
    Well... what would you call someone who only uses someone when it's convenient for them?

i think it shows policy variation. they didnt like that hes a war-hawk. thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Bolton is a warmonger and a nutjob, but he's been an honest warmonger and nutjob.

Same can't be said of Trump.
    True, seems like he has successfully de-escalated relations with each of our top 3 enemies, even with the admitted recent serious hiccup after not simply handing Iran the entire country of Iraq...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    You mean created by a fake whistleblower
    That would be the one. Fake as hell. Hey had to figure out a way to keep the guy out of the spotlight and prop the entire shady hit-job up.

Eric Ciaramella. Fake Whistleblower.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Left: Bolton is just going to get us into another war. He’s a loose cannon that can’t be trusted!

Also Left: Bolton is an honest and impartial guy. We should hear his testimony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Let's agree that ALL of this from ALL sides is a soup of hypocrisy.

All we have to do is play video of statements from both parties Senators contradicting themselves left and right. Flip flops abound. This is all a game. Trump and Rudy played a game to muddy up Biden. Dems playing a game to muddy up Trump. Mitch playing a game to keep the Senate. Unfortunately, their are no genuine good actors in any of this. The Game of Politics. Meanwhile, us spectators are hoodwinked and distracted into tribal factions with no areas of grey. I'm a prisoner of it, but I'm trying to fight my way out!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

No one has claimed Bolton is impartial. Just that he's honest.

It's amusing how much Trump supporters are willing to twist themselves up to believe anything in the moment.

Blog Entries

No one has claimed Bolton is impartial. Just that he's honest.

It's amusing how much Trump supporters are willing to twist themselves up to believe anything in the moment.
    The irony of this post is hilarious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post

All we have to do is play video of statements from both parties Senators contradicting themselves left and right. Flip flops abound. This is all a game. Trump and Rudy played a game to muddy up Biden. Dems playing a game to muddy up Trump. Mitch playing a game to keep the Senate. Unfortunately, their are no genuine good actors in any of this. The Game of Politics. Meanwhile, us spectators are hoodwinked and distracted into tribal factions with no areas of grey. I'm a prisoner of it, but I'm trying to fight my way out!

You're right it's a game. It's not a serious impeachment. That being said, the posturing clowns like Romney need to see it as such and not let it play out. That gives the proceeding dignity it doesn't deserve and is the endless rabbit hole Dems want it to go down.

Blog Entries

I am certainly one that buys the notion that the political elite are completely willing to do what they can to maintain a division among the "common folk" for purposes of remaining in power.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

You're right, which is why I never vote for "moral character". I will always vote for the person who maybe a complete asshole but whose policies help Americans the most.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Revenues were down from what they were projected to be without the tax cuts, and cutting taxes when we're running deficits is fiscally irresponsible.

Spending and taxes aren't completely separate things. Spending gets set at those levels because the electorate demands it. Taxes need to be set at levels to cover the demanded spending.
    What electorate is demanding the higher spending? Individuals may want higher spending in areas that benefit them, but overall I think the electorate would agree that spending is out of control and highly inefficient. Otherwise both sides wouldn't use the deficit in their campaigns.

I will agree that electorate goes along and doesn't bother to question the push for more and higher taxes. That's why they always push things as paying for education and emergency/law enforcement. Who's going to say "no, I don't want better school funding or safety?" They never tell you that it's just shuffling money around and they're still going to spend more on other areas.

Remember we had to legalize gambling in Maryland to fund schools? Then why do we need to raise taxes now to fund schools? Because all they did was take gambling revenues and replace education money from the general fund with it. It's all a shell game and all sides play it.