Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: A moral obligation to impeach

Speaking of moral obligations and impeachment...noticed a recent pic of Monica Lewinsky. She’s a nice looking woman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    So, (a), this is not a phrase to use. Our country's history contains episodes like the internment of Americans of Japanese ancestry during WW2, Tuskegee airmen, forced sterilization, the current "children in cages" moment, McCarthyism, on and on. We're still the only country in the world to drop atomic bombs on another; and while for most of my life I've accepted the War as sufficient justification, if there's any truth to stuff I've heard recently about how we purposely rejected Japanese surrender overtures, just so we could demonstrate The Bomb to Moscow; that's a shameful episode. Buchanon felt secession was illegal, but he didn't have any authority/power to oppose it. (Huh?!?)

Um: slavery. "Redemption" and Jim Crow.

This country's got PLENTY of black eyes. The "nothing will ever match" language is just insane.

And (b): didn't happen.
    A) I meant the future
    B) yes it did. If you don’t think it did, you are very uninformed.

Welp: almost over now.

Nance gained pretty much nothing from delaying the transmission. I think it was always a super long shot. Worth trying, because it was the only club she had left in her bag; but very VERY unlikely to achieve concessions. Mitch is disciplined. An entirely different creature from the Orange Clown.

Of course the other factor was the holiday season. Congressional vacations & downtime made it a perfect time for her to try this delay tactic; but at the same time muted its impact, in my opinion. It was reasonable for Nancy to hope for a slow swell of public opinion to build pressure on Repubs to allow for the calling of witnesses. But it was always a "hope"; and the Christmas / New Year's window is not a great one for heightening political tension.

I was a little disappointed AOC isn't one of the case "managers" for the trial squad. She drives Repubs so fucking CRAZY! Her presence would have been fun. She has also has been an awesome questioner at hearings: crisp, focused and on-point.

But the team itself is obviously chosen for gravitas and experience. The only "young" reps have backgrounds in the law or law-enforcement. It's a group chosen for seriousness. I got no argument.

Obvsly the Repubs are going to allow only the barest minimum of "trial" to let them put a fig leaf on their acquital. How short is long enough? Two days? Three? Such a pathetic display. Mitch's term leading the senate majority is a black eye on the history of this country.

Well, whatever: make them sign their names to it. It's overdue, honestly.

I think history will be baffled that Trump wasn't ALSO impeached for Obstruction and for Emoluments. Both of them are slam-dunk obvious. Sheesh, he instructed McGahn to falsify the record! The Emoluments issues are black-letter Constitutional text; there is zero amiguity about whether he violated them. I hate that Dems have conceded the precedent that those do not trigger impeachment. It's the wrong move for the Republic's sake.

To my mind Nance was making a political judgement there. And I have long felt – OP of this thread makes the point – that political judgement was precisely the wrong lens to look at this thru. But, well: it's her actual job as Speaker to make poltiical judgements. And honestly those judgements have been pretty sound on the whole. Difficult straits to navigate.

Alright Mitch & Co: sign your names to acquiting this criminal. History will judge you harshly. But you put party over country more than a decade ago. All that remains is to make it official.

What a sad fucking spectacle. It's honestly more fun to re-watch the Ravens failing to convert 4th-&-1s vs the Titans, than this abortion of our national ideals.
    Your post are full of liberal talking points. As I read it, I couldnt tell if you were serious, or mocking the left.

History will definitely look bad on the left for this clown show. The today show reluctantly ran a piece this morning. They went to several small towns in battle ground states. They couldn’t find anyone that was taking this impeachment seriously. Even the liberals they interviewed were upset that the dem class guess, in charge, wasn’t doing anything to get more handouts in action

TRUE!

Probly I should not have said "criminal". Criminal has an actual definition; and one that is all too near at hand when we are discussin this administration. The impeached offenses are not criminal conduct. I spose the obstruction (from the Mueller report) would've been "ciminal": there's certainly a crime with that name. But (a) it might be fair to question whether a prosecutor would really go after someone for obstruction of an investigation where the underlying matter wasn't criminal; and (b) Trump wasn't impeached for that anyway!

Bottom line: "criminal" was careless shorthand on my part.

I was thinking in the back of my mind of the famous Nixon "I am not a crook" line from his impeachment-era. One day he's "not a crook", and the next he's being whisked away on the helicopter to retirement.

I will try to stick with "crook" for Trump.

That's better: less apt for misinterpretation or inaccuracy, in this charged atmosphere.

Also it's one syllable, so will roll off the tongue same as "Orange Clown".
    Your two examples of definitions more closely resemble Democrats in office than trump. The only person that has been caught doing something for personal gain in Biden. Hell, he even brags about it on camera, and you didn’t catch it.
    Trump has his entire conversation taped, and you have to bend over backwards to piece together fragments to somehow make it seem like there might have been intent.

There is a reason that trump is still in office, Nancy was delaying, and no presidential candidate is using impeachment in a campaign ad. Because none of them believe trump is guilty. Why else would schiff have to make up a conversation in his opening comments.

It will be funny if the senate calls schiff to testify under oath.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Your two examples of definitions more closely resemble Democrats in office than trump. The only person that has been caught doing something for personal gain in Biden. Hell, he even brags about it on camera, and you didn’t catch it.
    Trump has his entire conversation taped, and you have to bend over backwards to piece together fragments to somehow make it seem like there might have been intent.

There is a reason that trump is still in office, Nancy was delaying, and no presidential candidate is using impeachment in a campaign ad. Because none of them believe trump is guilty. Why else would schiff have to make up a conversation in his opening comments.

It will be funny if the senate calls schiff to testify under oath.
    Schiff is a professional liar and won't bat an eye when doing it under oath, but those eyes may pop out of his head while on the stand. They don't have far to go. Maybe he'll disclose the Russia information he's been holding on to for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Speaking of moral obligations and impeachment...noticed a recent pic of Monica Lewinsky. She’s a nice looking woman.

Eww.

You can have her.

7. Re: A moral obligation to impeach

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Eww.

You can have her.
    Yeah, I don't know what's gotten into Wicked lately.....from being fixated on Nancy Pelosi's titties to complimenting how nice Monica looks. Weird stuff......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Yeah, I don't know what's gotten into Wicked lately.....from being fixated on Nancy Pelosi's titties to complimenting how nice Monica looks. Weird stuff......
    Eww.

You can have her.
    Let's get weird fellas.

Let's get weird fellas.
    You are making me laugh man. Clearly the most hetero man on the entire board.

Blog Entries

You are making me laugh man. Clearly the most hetero man on the entire board.
    I’m clearly joking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Only if you are comparing her to the Hildabeast. Other then that,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Only if you are comparing her to the Hildabeast. Other then that,
    You don’t like Hillary’s cankles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk