Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 ... LastLast

Re: A moral obligation to impeach

Did you guys here what John Bolton recently said about his "testimony?"

He admitted that it wouldn't have mattered.

Lol. It was all bullshit.

I wonder why he didn't publicly come out and say this when the DNC was pushing his testimony as "the smoking gun" to the Trump criminal empire. It certainly would've forced the Left/MSM to push a different angle.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Did you guys here what John Bolton recently said about his "testimony?"

He admitted that it wouldn't have mattered.

Lol. It was all bullshit.

I wonder why he didn't publicly come out and say this when the DNC was pushing his testimony as "the smoking gun" to the Trump criminal empire. It certainly would've forced the Left/MSM to push a different angle.

Weird.
    But is he saying that because he felt that it wouldn’t have impacted the GOP led Senate?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    But is he saying that because he felt that it wouldn’t have impacted the GOP led Senate?
    Not from what I understand. I think he’s saying it wouldn’t have changed the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    He said that the whole effort was grossly partisan and him testifying wouldn’t have changed the outcome.

That’s not how the press presented it. People believed his testimony was what would sink Trump. That was the national story that was being pushed. It was the bombshell smoking gun. Now that Bolton is pouring water over that narrative...it’s not getting a lot of play and will be quickly forgotten and overlooked.

I get it. He’s cashing in and burning every political bridge he has. The book release was his golden parachute and the MSM gave him some pretty solid marketing since the book could be used as a political cudgel against Trump. It’s simply amusing after all these years that people still fall for the bullshit.

Blog Entries

The press didn't present it as Bolton would sink Trump. People didn't believe Bolton or other witnesses would get any TrumpGOP Senator to vote to convict.

Bolton's reported words undercut one of the Trumpist defenses: that Trump himself never connected the aid to the demand for announced investigations into the Bidens and Burisma. He would be that "firsthand witness" Trumpists like to pretend is necessary. Bolton hasn't denied what his book reportedly says.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The press didn't present it as Bolton would sink Trump
    NYT: Bolton’s testimony would likely be damning for Trump

Forbes: John Bolton’s Testimony Could Be A Bombshell In Trump’s Impeachment

CNN: Bolton's testimony would be Trump's nightmare

MSNBC: TRUMP IMPEACHMENT SENATE CONVICTION WILL DEPEND ON WHETHER JOHN BOLTON TESTIFIES

ABC: Bolton bombshell rocks Senate on witnesses

The press didn't present it as Bolton would sink Trump. People didn't believe Bolton or other witnesses would get any TrumpGOP Senator to vote to convict.

Bolton's reported words undercut one of the Trumpist defenses: that Trump himself never connected the aid to the demand for announced investigations into the Bidens and Burisma. He would be that "firsthand witness" Trumpists like to pretend is necessary. Bolton hasn't denied what his book reportedly says.
    The entire argument you're relying on is that trump would view Biden as a political rival to his position.
    Why that question was never asked in the house, or the press is an indictment that the entire ordeal was a charade to hurt approval ratings.

Trump should of said "yes, I wanted to look into corruption including the Biden family"

MSNBC: TRUMP IMPEACHMENT SENATE CONVICTION WILL DEPEND ON WHETHER JOHN BOLTON TESTIFIES

Liberals are used to being told how to think. So he won’t see this as the press telling him what to think. He just assumed from the beginning that trump was a Russian. You can see it in his comments. As he said Bolton’s testimony wouldn’t sway any TrumpGOP senators. The thought never crossed his mind that maybe Bolton’s testimony would sway some of the ANTI TRUMP senators . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    The entire argument you're relying on is that trump would view Biden as a political rival to his position.
    Why that question was never asked in the house, or the press is an indictment that the entire ordeal was a charade to hurt approval ratings.

Trump should of said "yes, I wanted to look into corruption including the Biden family"
    Biden was and is a political rival to Trump. At the time of the phone call with Zelensky he was the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination.

Trump has since admitted to sending Giuliani to Ukraine to do that. It's strange how his fan base doesn't care that he lied to them and everyone else.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Please quote any of those articles claiming it would get the Quislings in the Senate to vote with integrity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Liberals are used to being told how to think.
    100% of people who write things like that are brainwashed by the nutjob rightwing media.

the Mueller report details collusion with Russia by the Trump campaign, the Transition, and surrogates.
    No doubt you believe Obama spied on Trump.
    The dossier isn't "false." It's raw intel. They used what they had corroboration for.
    The "transcript" does corroborate the whistleblower. Trump asked for investigations. Zelensky spelled out the quid pro quo.
    Sondland never said it was his assumption. He said it was his understanding.
    Bolton is a warmonger and a nutjob, but he's been an honest warmonger and nutjob
    The press didn't present it as Bolton would sink Trump
    100% of people who write things like that are brainwashed by the nutjob rightwing media.
    I love your posts
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 02-22-2020 at 01:40 PM.