Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Leveon Bell

Blog Entries

Re: Leveon Bell

Please let the football gods make them trade him back to Pittsburgh. OMG that would be epic!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

No one traded for Bell last year. They aren't trading for him this year either.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No one traded for Bell last year. They aren't trading for him this year either.
    I read that it would be at roughly ten mill a year if he was traded.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Mac, that isn't really a question. IMO the Ravens have no intention of trading for Bell and I am glad if they aren't... Bc
    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I’ve looked at the contract on spotrac and the contract is very level from a Salary and cash perspective.
    The Signing bonus was only $8m...

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: Leveon Bell

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’ve looked at the contract on spotrac and the contract is very level from a Salary and cash perspective.
    The Signing bonus was only $8m...
    With Ingram, Edwards, Dixon, Hill, plus UDFAs, do you really think the Ravens would upset their $alary Cap to bring this malcontent in to Baltimore? No me... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    That's only this year.

His base goes up to $8.5 million next year and he has a $4.5 million roster bonus and a $500,000 bonus if he plays 16 games.

The signing bonus was only $8 million. The rest of that guaranteed money is in the roster bonus and guaranteed base salary.

If the Jets trade Bell before game 1 are they on the hook for the future guaranteed money? I've heard it both ways. The first is similar to what you are saying. The second is that the new team has to pay the future guaranteed money because of when its earned. I'm waiting to hear which is correct.

This is a pretty complicated contract because it was designed to be over in 2 years with just $4 million in dead money. I'm not sure that anyone outside of the Jets and Bell know all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    With Ingram, Edwards, Dixon, Hill, plus UDFAs, do you really think the Ravens would upset their $alary Cap to bring this malcontent in to Baltimore? No me... Bc
    No I meant It in the way that they provide little incentive to trade for him, as opposed to the Josh Rosen situation.

Blog Entries

He gave up $14M to get out of Pitt and now he's making $14M for a team that doesn't want him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's only this year.

His base goes up to $8.5 million next year and he has a $4.5 million roster bonus and a $500,000 bonus if he plays 16 games.

The signing bonus was only $8 million. The rest of that guaranteed money is in the roster bonus and guaranteed base salary.

If the Jets trade Bell before game 1 are they on the hook for the future guaranteed money? I've heard it both ways. The first is similar to what you are saying. The second is that the new team has to pay the future guaranteed money because of when its earned. I'm waiting to hear which is correct.

This is a pretty complicated contract because it was designed to be over in 2 years with just $4 million in dead money. I'm not sure that anyone outside of the Jets and Bell know all the details.
    As soon as the roster bonus is paid they are on the hook for that in any trade. Other then that it would be the responsibility of the team when the bonus comes due.

So it should cost the Jets 8 million to trade him. I'd do the trade I mean why not. Not sure he is much better then Ingram but I like having two RB's who can catch the football on the roster. If we are going to run the ball 60 percent of the time (we averaged 70 percent last year with Lamar) then there is enough work to go around.

I wouldn't give up much though. At most a sixth round pick.

Blog Entries

Gase traded Ajayi to the Eagles when he was coming off a monster year. Clearly does not value the RB position

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Gase traded Ajayi to the Eagles when he was coming off a monster year. Clearly does not value the RB position
    Ajayis knees are shot

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He gave up $14M to get out of Pitt and now he's making $14M for a team that doesn't want him.
    My opinion is that Le'Veon Bell got jobbed by his agent, Adisa Bakari. I may not be giving Bell enough credit for his decisions but the feeling is, too many players let their agents dictate their careers.