Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leveon Bell

Re: Leveon Bell

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    What’s changed? Gase, who never wanted him, won a power struggle with the GM who did. Bell is still the exact same dude.
    Now we have Ingram and Hill. Is it really worth it to trade for Leveon when we have 3 good backs and there’s a chance he won’t even buy in? Idk

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    He needs to be in a situation where he's happy.

I don't think he was ever excited about being a Jet and who would be? Does he honestly think he could win a superbowl there? I highly doubt that.
    That’s a good point.

Eighteen million dollars would be accelerated. Leaving the Jets with approximately ten million dollars of space.

Indulging this speculation a bit more: The Texans have 40 million in cap space and would save six million by cutting Lamar Miller. If a team were to make a move on Bell it ought to be the Texans. Bell would moves to a playoff team with a great WR who can keep defenses honest. The Texans just drafted two OL. DeShaun Watson is a dynamic player.

Playoffs.
    Improved line.
    Great complementary talent.

The Texans are a better fit than the Jets.

If I were the GM of the Texans I'd make a phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Now we have Ingram and Hill. Is it really worth it to trade for Leveon when we have 3 good backs and there’s a chance he won’t even buy in? Idk
    It’s not happening he had his shot to come here but he chose the money, can’t blame him but he can kick rocks LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoothSayer View Post
    It’s not happening he had his shot to come here but he chose the money, can’t blame him but he can kick rocks LOL
    Lol yeah it seems like a done deal now. I can’t lie, I really wanted him during free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Blovius_Maximus View Post
    Eighteen million dollars would be accelerated. Leaving the Jets with approximately ten million dollars of space.

Indulging this speculation a bit more: The Texans have 40 million in cap space and would save six million by cutting Lamar Miller. If a team were to make a move on Bell it ought to be the Texans. Bell would moves to a playoff team with a great WR who can keep defenses honest. The Texans just drafted two OL. DeShaun Watson is a dynamic player.

Playoffs.
    Improved line.
    Great complementary talent.

The Texans are a better fit than the Jets.

If I were the GM of the Texans I'd make a phone call.
    That makes a hell of a lot more sense than the Ravens. I don't see the Ravens being interested in Bell unless the RB depth chart gets decimated by injuries before the regular season.

Lol yeah it seems like a done deal now. I can’t lie, I really wanted him during free agency.
    I wanted him too I stayed up to listen to hear his new album hoping he say he was going to be a Raven lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoothSayer View Post
    I don't believe we ever offered him anything. Was he supposed to play for free?
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I don't believe we ever offered him anything. Was he supposed to play for free?
    Play for free?

https://youtu.be/-K7fCQlUhj0

Blog Entries

Mac, that isn't really a question. IMO the Ravens have no intention of trading for Bell and I am glad if they aren't... Bc

Blog Entries

I’m not going to get into the money, taking more or less or any of that. When the man is healthy he’s the best back in the league, an absolute coverage nightmare and better than all three of our backs combined. So, I can completely understand why NjRavensFan would take him at that price. We aren’t currently getting Bell production and quality at a lesser price. We’re getting lesser than Bell production and quality at a lesser price. Not wanting him, because of some character worry is one thing, but the man is the best back in the league otherwise. So while I can understand the comfort with Ingram from a character standpoint, by comparison, Ingram isn’t close to Bell.

This is actually one situation where Bell might not even be at fault. Gase is the one whipping his dick around.

I would so much like to see Ingram have a better season than Bell. And I think it has a fair chance of happening.