Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Re: Baltimore Signing Michael Floyd (WR)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    So do I. Moore is a really good special teams player. He’s better than any other WR in that role. With Rosburg gone are they going to really get rid of guys they know are good at special teams? I doubt it because you just know if the new guy can coach up replacements.
    That's my take too. I think they are bringing in guys to help set up the new ST coach for success.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I think if given more opportunities he would surprise some folks.
    Agreed. For example, I think he easily could have produced as much as Crabtree did last season, if given the same targets.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I must have missed those plays last year. Can you link a video of them?

Solid burn.

I was talking about OTAs & camp. But, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I really think Chris Moore is a lock to make this team.
    I understand the special teams argument for him, but as a receiver I just don't see it. He has had 3 seasons to produce, and he hasn't AT ALL. The WR core ahead of him has always been terrible. So, he should have been able to find his way on the field, and make plays. I think he's proven he's just a fringe guy, and I can't consider him a "lock" to make the team for that reason. That said, I will agree that out of the weak field of guys that are battling it out for the last 3 spots, he should probably be one of the favorites given his ST ability.

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    I understand the special teams argument for him, but as a receiver I just don't see it. He has had 3 seasons to produce, and he hasn't AT ALL. The WR core ahead of him has always been terrible. So, he should have been able to find his way on the field, and make plays. I think he's proven he's just a fringe guy, and I can't consider him a "lock" to make the team for that reason. That said, I will agree that out of the weak field of guys that are battling it out for the last 3 spots, he should probably be one of the favorites given his ST ability.
    I think that's just it. He's a fine #4 WR, and he can make a catch if asked to, but his special teams is really what's keeping him there. He really is very impressive on ST. I think there's an argument to be made that Moore hasn't broken out because he hasn't been given the opportunity, and whenever he was given the opportunity he succeeded, but I'm not entirely sure I buy that argument.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

What has Michael Floyd done in the past 3 seasons? I think it’s 25 catches in all 3 years combined. You also get limited if any special teams performance. Moore should have the edge.

When Chris Moore was drafted The Ravens had Steve Smith Sr, Mike Wallace and Kamar Aikens a front of him. That was also the same year The Ravens drafted Breshad Perriman in the first round. it wasn't really until 2017 that The Ravens wide receiver group was terrible which is due to injuries and Perriman not stepping up from his productive 2016 season. Moore did get his chance to shine that year and he did make some plays here and there. He was also inconsistent as well with drop passes but honestly to say The Ravens wide receiver group has always been terrible since Chris Moore has been drafted is a bit extreme.

I thought Moore looked better last year even through he wasn't targeted often. The Ravens coaching staff seem to always use him at some point on their offense in these past three years so they must think he has potential to be a good receiver or like what they have seen out of him. I think it's just a wait and see situation when it comes to Moore and he has a great situation to prove himself because this time The Ravens starting position is wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    When Chris Moore was drafted The Ravens had Steve Smith Sr, Mike Wallace and Kamar Aikens a front of him. That was also the same year The Ravens drafted Breshad Perriman in the first round. it wasn't really until 2017 that The Ravens wide receiver group was terrible which is due to injuries and Perriman not stepping up from his productive 2016 season. Moore did get his chance to shine that year and he did make some plays here and there. He was also inconsistent as well with drop passes but honestly to say The Ravens wide receiver group has always been terrible since Chris Moore has been drafted is a bit extreme.

I thought Moore looked better last year even through he wasn't targeted often. The Ravens coaching staff seem to always use him at some point on their offense in these past three years so they must think he has potential to be a good receiver or like what they have seen out of him. I think it's just a wait and see situation when it comes to Moore and he has a great situation to prove himself because this time The Ravens starting position is wide open.
    That is a fair point about his rookie year. Old Steve Smith, Old Mike Wallace, and Kamar Aiken isn't a terrible top 3. That's probably two solid #2's, and a decent #3. So, overall a pretty mediocre bunch, but not terrible. Plus, that was his rookie year, and he did also have a 1st round pick to compete with for snaps. So, we can give him a mulligan for that year.

The last 2 years we have probably had the worst WR core in the league though. Despite that fact, he hasn't found his way on to the field much at all, and he hasn't produced. So, personally I've seen enough. He is what he is. A fringe NFL WR that can add value on special teams, but you probably don't want taking significant snaps at WR.

We can agree to disagree, and I honestly hope he manages to prove me wrong by breaking out this season. However, I hope that if, as I suspect, that doesn't happen, then we find more valuable players to beat him out and fill out the roster with.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What has Michael Floyd done in the past 3 seasons? I think it’s 25 catches in all 3 years combined. You also get limited if any special teams performance. Moore should have the edge.
    Agreed that Moore should have the edge due to ST, but I just think it's close enough to be a competition. The more players we can bring in to compete for those last 3 spots, the better. So, I'm happy with this signing. I mean, where is the downside to more cheap competition?

All Floyd does is get added to my WR5 competition:

Brown
    Boykin
    Snead
    Moore
    Scott/Lasley/Wesley/Floyd/Roberts

There'll be a 6th of one of the group of 5 also shows strong ST abilities.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I think that's just it. He's a fine #4 WR, and he can make a catch if asked to, but his special teams is really what's keeping him there. He really is very impressive on ST. I think there's an argument to be made that Moore hasn't broken out because he hasn't been given the opportunity, and whenever he was given the opportunity he succeeded, but I'm not entirely sure I buy that argument.
    That's pretty much how I see him. I just don't think that makes him a "lock", and I hope a few of the guys with more potential show enough to beat him out. "Showing enough" may have to include ST play in addition to WR play as well though.

That's pretty much how I see him. I just don't think that makes him a "lock", and I hope a few of the guys with more potential show enough to beat him out. "Showing enough" may have to include ST play in addition to WR play as well though.
    I do think it makes him a lock. Historically we've kept 6 WR's when the 6th guy shows strong STs to go along with another STer (but that other STer could have been a TE too - Think Darren Waller's ST's).

So, hypothetically say Wesley and Lasley shows a lot AND Lasley is showing some abilities as a gunner on KO's. You could see Moore slide down to the 6 spot on the depth chart.

I personally don't see a scenario where Moore doesn't make the team because of his ST abilities.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I personally don't see a scenario where Moore doesn't make the team because of his ST abilities.
    Fair enough. In the end, he will probably be on the team.