Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Baltimore signing Shane Ray

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoothSayer View Post
    Lax we are here and ready to take over LOL come on board with us man LOL where Jig at? LOL
    That’s the only member missing. Haven’t seen dude post since the draft.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    That’s the only member missing. Haven’t seen dude post since the draft.

We gotta get Jig back on here lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoothSayer View Post
    We gotta get Jig back on here lol
    If he knew you were back I’m sure he’d be here. He got tired of all the Extreme Haters. Some of these dudes are off the chain bro!

You know I’m wait and see with high hopes for success. But man..some of these dudes just st8 H8!! Like WOW hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    If he knew you were back I’m sure he’d be here. He got tired of all the Extreme Haters. Some of these dudes are off the chain bro!

You know I’m wait and see with high hopes for success. But man..some of these dudes just st8 H8!! Like WOW hate.

https://youtu.be/-Iw0-U9OknI

He met with the Raiders. Khalil Mack had more sacks than the entire Raiders team. Granted, the Raiders drafted Ferrell. Still, if any team needed a dart to throw isn't it the Raiders?

Maybe they offered him a contract and he sat on it. Who knows? But if not...if the pass-rush desperate Raiders wouldn't offer him a contract then it makes one wonder about his ability.

This arc of his career so far seemed like a puzzle to me at first but it actually seems pretty straightforward now that I’ve read more about him. It’s all about his health—and not just in terms of availability.

When he was dominating in college and having success early in Denver it was based on his explosiveness and a variety of counter moves based largely on some pretty advanced hand usage. Then he had three wrist surgeries in 2017 and a fourth right before the 2018 season. He doesn’t have the size to overpower guys so he really depends on those counter moves to open up his speed rush. So even though he managed to play a decent number of games over the last two years, it was basically with just one functional hand which reduced him to a one dimensional under sized speed rusher. Doesn’t matter how explosive you are, if that’s *all* you have you’re not gonna have much success at this level.

So we’ll see. The wrist might never get right. Four surgeries in a year and a half is a *lot*. But any tennis fans (am I the only one here?) will know Juan Martin Del Potro went through something similar to a point that it looked like he might never play again, but he’s been back at full strength for two years running. Ray just turned 26 and is obviously very talented, and he’ll be more than a year removed from the last surgery when the season starts. If he stays healthy I think he could be a real contributor.

Sorry for the wall of text lol this wound up being way longer than I meant it to.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    This arc of his career so far seemed like a puzzle to me at first but it actually seems pretty straightforward now that I’ve read more about him. It’s all about his health—and not just in terms of availability.

When he was dominating in college and having success early in Denver it was based on his explosiveness and a variety of counter moves based largely on some pretty advanced hand usage. Then he had three wrist surgeries in 2017 and a fourth right before the 2018 season. He doesn’t have the size to overpower guys so he really depends on those counter moves to open up his speed rush. So even though he managed to play a decent number of games over the last two years, it was basically with just one functional hand which reduced him to a one dimensional under sized speed rusher. Doesn’t matter how explosive you are, if that’s *all* you have you’re not gonna have much success at this level.

So we’ll see. The wrist might never get right. Four surgeries in a year and a half is a *lot*. But any tennis fans (am I the only one here?) will know Juan Martin Del Potro went through something similar to a point that it looked like he might never play again, but he’s been back at full strength for two years running. Ray just turned 26 and is obviously very talented, and he’ll be more than a year removed from the last surgery when the season starts. If he stays healthy I think he could be a real contributor.

Sorry for the wall of text lol this wound up being way longer than I meant it to.
    Don't be - you've summed it up perfectly. If that wrist is now 100%, he could be a real steal. Worth the risk to see how he is in late summer.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Now if they could just pair up Pernell's heavy hands with Ray's wheels, we'd have one hell of a pass rusher.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Wow 1 year deal worth 1 million. What a bargain.

Blog Entries

All that matters is the amount guaranteed. If Ray doesn’t make it out if camp they should have a very small cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    All that matters is the amount guaranteed. If Ray doesn’t make it out if camp they should have a very small cap hit.
    Fine, sounds good, hopefully he has a good camp. I'm just not going to count on him or expect much production. That way if he does produce, it will be a pleasant surprise.

Shane also had one or two off the field things out here in Denver and also a lot of the fans out here kind of turned on him once he got injured. His last 2 years in Denver the whole defense was a mess and I think he may have tried to come back too soon from a couple of those wrist injuries and made them worse. I think he's hungry and has something to prove. If he can stay healthy...big if...he could make an impact here. The strength of this team is the secondary and being able to stop the run effectively with 3 D-Linemen...any pass rusher worth his salt should be able to eat here.