Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 43
  1. #25

    Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

    Sometimes silence speaks loudest. I'm concerned. Too much talk about this. Plus with all the city sharing ideas going around who knows.

    At the end, it's not about fans anymore. It's all about the money.





  2. #26

    Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

    The name Angelos may (tragically) become synonymous with the name Irsay in Baltimore, God forbid...

    Rebuilding? The ownership OKs the dumbass Davis contract, then jettisons Machado, Schoop, Britton, and Jones. Even Cashner- not an ace by MLB standards, but he was def improving...and the ownership gets rid of him. This is not rebuilding. This is tanking.

    And, someone had already alluded to- nobody at the top is saying anything. The silence is disturbing.
    Last edited by YoCo757; 07-16-2019 at 01:40 AM.





  3. #27

    Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

    Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    The name Angelos may (tragically) become synonymous with the name Irsay in Baltimore, God forbid...

    Rebuilding? The ownership OKs the dumbass Davis contract, then jettisons Machado, Schoop, Britton, and Jones. Even Cashner- not an ace by MLB standards, but he was def improving...and the ownership gets rid of him. This is not rebuilding. This is tanking.

    And, someone had already alluded to- nobody at the top is saying anything. The silence is disturbing.
    Moving Cashner was absolutely the right thing to do. They are all in on rebuilding the farm system. I think the new leadership are doing the right things. This is all independent of Angelos. I hope he sells the team.





  4. #28

    Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

    Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Moving Cashner was absolutely the right thing to do. They are all in on rebuilding the farm system. I think the new leadership are doing the right things. This is all independent of Angelos. I hope he sells the team.
    so far i agree with all the moves the FO is making including intl signings





  5. #29

    Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

    Nice to see them getting knee deep in the international market for a change. I hope they don't trade Mancini. That would be one move I would be really disappointed with. Rebuild doesn't necessarily mean getting rid of every single player.





  6. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    40,760
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

    was glad to see them escape the embarrassment of Tampa having a perfect game. at home nonetheless...
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    26,892
    Blog Entries
    4

    Cool Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    I can't imagine Baltimore without baseball. Even with the Orioles sucktitide I just would hate for the city to lose their MLB team. Camden Yards and baseball there is iconic in this city.
    Can Cleveland support two teams? ... Bc





  8. Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

    The Os gave Chris Davis 161 million when he turned 30. Apparently no one told them that mediocre average sluggers who strike out a metric ton don't generally age well.

    So, will Chris Davis become MLB's first ever 300 K in a season hitter?





  9. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    10,092
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

    Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    Rebuilding? The ownership OKs the dumbass Davis contract, then jettisons Machado, Schoop, Britton, and Jones. Even Cashner- not an ace by MLB standards, but he was def improving...and the ownership gets rid of him. This is not rebuilding. This is tanking
    Cashner turns 33 in September. If the Orioles nail every step of this rebuild, he's gonna be 35/36 by the time they are ready to compete again. It was 100% the right thing to do to move him for assets. Also, tanking and rebuilding aren't mutually exclusive.

    Time will tell if the approach they are taking is going to be successful or not, but I don't have issue with how they are handling it so far.
    Twitter: @chemdawg410

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  10. #34

    Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Cashner turns 33 in September. If the Orioles nail every step of this rebuild, he's gonna be 35/36 by the time they are ready to compete again. It was 100% the right thing to do to move him for assets. Also, tanking and rebuilding aren't mutually exclusive.

    Time will tell if the approach they are taking is going to be successful or not, but I don't have issue with how they are handling it so far.
    No good reason to keep Cashner. His contract ends either this year or next and from his perspective he's in better position to win a WS. Mancini maybe, if they get a good return, which I think is unlikely.

    They have to let Davis go, no later than end of season. He is clearly beyond reclamation and they are only holding back development of his roster replacement, whoever he may be.

    Rebuilding hurts.





  11. #35

    Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

    Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    The name Angelos may (tragically) become synonymous with the name Irsay in Baltimore, God forbid...

    Rebuilding? The ownership OKs the dumbass Davis contract, then jettisons Machado, Schoop, Britton, and Jones. Even Cashner- not an ace by MLB standards, but he was def improving...and the ownership gets rid of him. This is not rebuilding. This is tanking.

    And, someone had already alluded to- nobody at the top is saying anything. The silence is disturbing.
    It seems you're not familiar with how rebuilding works in Major League Baseball.

    "Astroball" is a great read, and since two of the major architects of that effort are now running the Orioles, it gives a good insight in to what they are trying to do here.

    Of course, past performance does not indicate future results, but successful rebuilds start with getting rid of high-priced veterans and stockpiling young talent. Everyone from the Yankees and Cubs to the Rays and Marlins have followed this path. Of course, when you have the money the Yankees do, you can shorten the timeframe by a few seasons.
    "Not bad for a running back."





  12. #36

    Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    so far i agree with all the moves the FO is making including intl signings
    I as well. They finally have a plan on field. But I do think it's worth monitoring the situation of the Orioles in Baltimore, or as solely a Baltimore team. What is to stop them from moving and turn the Nationals into a team shared by DC and Baltimore, for instance?





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site