Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Ken Rosenthal's article on the state of the Orioles.

Apparently Gleybar Torres from the Yankees has 12 home runs this year and 10 have come against the Orioles. He's hit 2 HRs in a game four times against us. He's the first player in over 60 years and just the fourth ever to have four multi-HR games against a single opponent.

It's not even June!
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Apparently Gleybar Torres from the Yankees has 12 home runs this year and 10 have come against the Orioles. He's hit 2 HRs in a game four times against us. He's the first player in over 60 years and just the fourth ever to have four multi-HR games against a single opponent.

It's not even June!
    He's making the years Mookie Betts has had against us seem run-of-the-mill.

On another note, I'm glad Chris Davis is out of the Ofer slump, but it's time for him to go. Trey Mancini needs to be the full-time first basemen. We need to be able to get a good look at prospects like D.J. Stewart, Austin Hays and Ryan Mountcastle this year. That's less likely to happen with Davis and Trumbo on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

It's not even June!
    It’s only May lol

The O’s have a good shot of picking first overall in the next three June drafts. Here’s hoping they hit on at least two of them. I kinda feel bad for Hyde. Seems like he’s here because it’s a role that needs to be filled. The job he took was probably the least appealing job in recent major sports history.

Blog Entries

"I can't seem to find the Orioles in the AL standings. Hmmm, I better look a lot lower."

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    On another note, I'm glad Chris Davis is out of the Ofer slump, but it's time for him to go. Trey Mancini needs to be the full-time first basemen. We need to be able to get a good look at prospects like D.J. Stewart, Austin Hays and Ryan Mountcastle this year. That's less likely to happen with Davis and Trumbo on the roster.
    Yes. Suppose Davis breaks out (and hits .225!). What would be the point? Does anyone really think that would create trade value?

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    He's making the years Mookie Betts has had against us seem run-of-the-mill.

Chris Davis is extremely valuable to the Os right now. In fact the only player more valuable to the Os right now is Richie Martin as his WAR is -0.8 (CD's is -0.7).

I.e., the more Davis and Martin play, the closer the Os get to the coveted #1 draft pick.

The Os are going to be drafting in the top 5 for probably the next 4 years. There is no reason to start the major league service clock on any player who might be on the major league roster in five years.

This is what happened in HOU. Just wait until Elias requires a prospect to sign a long-term contract as a condition to being called up.

Just keep in mind the value of draft pick chart, which can be found here: https://www.baseballprospectus.com/n...ue-calculator/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bal...outputType=amp

This could be something worth monitoring.

I can't imagine Baltimore without baseball. Even with the Orioles sucktitide I just would hate for the city to lose their MLB team. Camden Yards and baseball there is iconic in this city.

It’s ‘Major League’ but not funny. Until there is a new lease this is very much worth watching. The ownership never says anything, don’t even know who the ownership is.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    It’s ‘Major League’ but not funny. Until there is a new lease this is very much worth watching. The ownership never says anything, don’t even know who the ownership is.
    What do you realistically expect ownership to say at this point in time? They are all bums, fire them all since we aren't challenging at the top of the AL East!

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    What do you realistically expect ownership to say at this point in time? They are all bums, fire them all since we aren't challenging at the top of the AL East!
    What’s the plan for post Peter Angelos? The son/sons are going to run the team, or the Orioles will be sold? Someone simply rebuke the rumors and say the team has no plans to leave once the lease is up. There is no transparency about who’s running things.