Page 1 of 22 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT NBA Finals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

OT NBA Finals

Down to the division finals, is no one watching this? It’s been pretty entertaining to me and Toronto has won my

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: OT NBA Finals

I think we all know where my allegiance lies.

#WeTheNorth
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I think we all know where my allegiance lies.

#WeTheNorth
    They had a good lead but let the bucks back in it smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    They had a good lead but let the bucks back in it smh.
    They can’t hold leads. They get way too comfortable.

Why does every team I cheer for lack killer instinct?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

The Bucks have too much talent. Kawhi was gassed in the 4th. Lowry had a big game but his postseason struggles are no secret. I’d be surprised if he had another game like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm definitely watching, not every game but quite a few. I actually like Golden State, I've said that before and I'm a Klay Thompson fan

I like all four of the remaining teams, I could dig any one of them winning the title. Just sitting back and enjoying the basketball at this point. It was fun watching Brook Lopez going off tonight; Kyle Lowry had a much needed good game too. Series far from over.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    The Bucks have too much talent. Kawhi was gassed in the 4th. Lowry had a big game but his postseason struggles are no secret. I’d be surprised if he had another game like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I honestly think both Philly and Boston were more talented than Toronto and Milwaukee, but they're just better teams.

MIL's not all that talented. It's basically Giannis surrounded by shooters so that when he drives he draws doubles and they get open looks. Bledsoe can get in the paint, Middelton can spot up, Brogdon is underrated, but other than that Lopez, Ilyasova, Mirotic, Connaughton are just shooters.

Toronto is similar. Kawhi is elite and Spicy was playing really well beofre his calf injury, but Gasol is washed, Lowry doesn't play like that, Danny is a 3-and-D, and then their bench is garbage. FVV hasn't been the same since he got hurt, Ibaka has played better latly but he went downhill when Gasol was brought in (returned to form as the starter - Gasol trade was stupid IMO), Norm has actually played well but they don't play him enough.

The Raps are really missing OG and his length on D as the 6th man.

Overall, the Raps needed that game. Nick Nurse has been a pretty meh coach. They don't have a lot of set plays for Kawhi. It's basically ISO him on the weak side while everyone stares at him. That won't work because MIL jsut sends 3 into the paint (plus Giannis and Lopez are great rim protectors) and Kawhi isn't the best at kicking out.

They need to adjust and I actually think they need ot play through Gasol in the post. He can body up Lopez and Gasol is one of the best passing big men in the game. Get him ISO'ed in the post with a cutter and Danny in the corner, pull the help over and expose the open man.

Anyway, frustrating ass game to choke like that in the 4th, but hey that's the Raps for you. Losing culture has plagued the team forever.
    - Ray Lewis

I'm definitely watching, not every game but quite a few. I actually like Golden State, I've said that before and I'm a Klay Thompson fan

I like all four of the remaining teams, I could dig any one of them winning the title. Just sitting back and enjoying the basketball at this point.

Blog Entries

I really do like the Bucs since I was younger. They're a scrappy group and they got a nice home win but I don't think they can win the series.
    GS is a blast to watch too

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It's hard to get excited about watching Golden State win another title.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    It's hard to get excited about watching Golden State win another title.
    I wonder why that is?

Really, I don't remember people being upset that the Bulls won 6 time in the 90's. They were Americas team and everybody loved MJ.

I feel like GSW gets hated for being great, where the Bulls were lauded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    I wonder why that is?

Really, I don't remember people being upset that the Bulls won 6 time in the 90's. They were Americas team and everybody loved MJ.

I feel like GSW gets hated for being great, where the Bulls were lauded for it.
    For me, it was just annoying to see KD join. Steph-Klay-Green trio was very good, but as we saw they could be beat. It made it seem like the NBA Finals would actually bea competition.

Getting KD was just fucking overkill. It'd be like MJ's Bulls getting Karl Malone because the Jazz couldn't beat them.

Oh yeah and then they get Boogie fucking Cousins too. Yeah he's hurt, but it's just the principle of Boogie basically paying 20M (that he could have earned elsewhere) to get a ring.

I think the Bulls were loved because it was a team they built that stayed together (Similar to if Curry-Klay-Green were still the core without KD). People didn't hate the Warriors (as much) until KD joined.

I don't personally see it as the same situation. Adding a guy like Rodman isn't even in the same stratosphere as adding someone like KD. Rodman was an elite defender and proabbly the best rebounder we'll see, but I dont think he every averaged over 10 PPG.
    - Ray Lewis