Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New abortion laws

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Here's a good article that goes into how new world slavery was different than bible slavery.....

https://coldcasechristianity.com/wri...world-slavery/
    Man... that context makes it seem as if it's nothing like what we think of when we think slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Man... that context makes it seem as if it's nothing like what we think of when we think slavery.
    Other than the "Permanent Involuntary Pagan" part of it, seems pretty kosher per explanation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Other than the "Permanent Involuntary Pagan" part of it, seems pretty kosher per explanation.
    Well, they were caught/taken during/after a war.

Are you in the camp that we should release terrorist, or Taliban captured in a war? Or is it okay to keep them detained so they don't go rejoin the war?

Yeah. How does that relate to what we're talking about though?
    All I said was ...you will find harsher / more laws about “moral” items in the South than anywhere else. The South is the Bible Belt. Always has been. The Church has a HUGE influence on those people and their politics. Not that all Northern States are Liberal but the Southern States are Waaaayyy more conservative than most. Issues like Abortion and Same Sex Marriage are always Hot Topics in the South. The only constant to that is the tie between The Church and The State. Even more Catholic states ....such as MD, Mass, Vermont ...the Church doesn’t have as strong a grip on politics as it does in the South. They used to ...we had a slew of “blue laws”. But not in today’s world.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Are you in the camp that we should release terrorist, or Taliban captured in a war? Or is it okay to keep them detained so they don't go rejoin the war?
    Obviously you detain enemy combatants. But we don’t make them slaves. We don’t make them pick cotton. Build pyramids. Dig canals. Hell we don’t even make them make license plates anymore. They are prisoners ...Not slaves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Obviously you detain enemy combatants. But we don’t make them slaves. We don’t make them pick cotton. Build pyramids. Dig canals. Hell we don’t even make them make license plates anymore. They are prisoners ...Not slaves.

Again... you need to understand the difference between what we call slaves and what they meant by slaves.

if you read the article you would see that their "salves" would be treated better than someone we detain.

Does America use terrorist/Taliban as slaves? I hadn't heard that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Does America use terrorist/Taliban as slaves? I hadn't heard that.
    Oh you guys... It's hilarious the lengths you go to some times. See above.

Again... you need to understand the difference between what we call slaves and what they meant by slaves.

if you read the article you would see that their "salves" would be treated better than someone we detain.
    But that’s someone’s interpretation of something in the Bible. It’s not fact. It’s an opinion. Not even yours. It’s someone else’s. What makes him right and me wrong? You can and have convinced me on other topics but to reference an opinion isn’t gonna do it.

When King’s ruled ..their people were “under “ them but were fed and protected by the Kings armies. The Egyptians beat and tortured the Hebrews. Not the same. That’s exactly how Southern Slave owners acted. “Nobles” sold and traded slaves from anywhere they found them. Not just Hebrews.

Blog Entries

But that’s someone’s interpretation of something in the Bible. It’s not fact. It’s an opinion. Not even yours. It’s someone else’s. What makes him right and me wrong? You can and have convinced me on other topics but to reference an opinion isn’t gonna do it.
    Well.. A) you're wrong, history also tells us what slavery was like in those times. But B) if you were right, than you're interpretation would also be an opinion, not a fact. So who's right?

When King’s ruled ..their people were “under “ them but were fed and protected by the Kings armies. The Egyptians beat and tortured the Hebrews. Not the same. That’s exactly how Southern Slave owners acted. “Nobles” sold and traded slaves from anywhere they found them. Not just Hebrews.

Yes and one type was condemned in the Bible and then according to the Bible God told Israel they had to do it differently, or a more humane way.

How informed is the opinion of the writer discussed? I'm sure it's more than you or me or NC.
    I mean it's FACT that the word slavery in the bible did not have the same meaning as slavery in the US.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    How informed is the opinion of the writer discussed? I'm sure it's more than you or me or NC.
    I mean it's FACT that the word slavery in the bible did not have the same meaning as slavery in the US.
    I've read his books. The guy is a cold-case homicide detective, he's solved decades old crimes with no living witnesses. He applies those same methods of investigation to the Bible, he knows his shit. Doesn't make him right, but it makes him more qualified than anyone on here.