Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: New abortion laws

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    No. It's not in the bible, not in the way you think it means anyway.
    What? Slavery is definitely discussed in the bible.

What am I missing here?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    What? Slavery is definitely discussed in the bible.

What am I missing here?
    He's referring to slavery as we understand it. Race based, kidnapping someone and holding them against their will for life.

That is not the slavery the bible is talking about. Slavery, was probably a poor word for it when it was translated.

Since I just watched this Sunday and he can explain it faster than I can type it, watch this from 46:00 to 49:00

Didn’t Mosses “free “ the Hebrew slaves?

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

I could be wrong , it’s been along time since I read the Bible ( Sunday School) but didn’t the Egyptians enslave the Hebrews? Not because they were poor but because they were looked at as lesser people? They weren’t Egyptian.

He's referring to slavery as we understand it. Race based, kidnapping someone and holding them against their will for life.

That is not the slavery the bible is talking about. Slavery, was probably a poor word for it when it was translated.

Since I just watched this Sunday and he can explain it faster than I can type it, watch this from 46:00 to 49:00

I mean, it was a caste system for the most part so one was born a slave (or a lord) rather than skin color dictating. It doesn't make it any less reprehensible. It is still people getting fat and wealthy on the backs of the poor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Didn’t Mosses “free “ the Hebrew slaves?

Yeah. How does that relate to what we're talking about though?

Blog Entries

I mean, it was a caste system for the most part so one was born a slave (or a lord) rather than skin color dictating. It doesn't make it any less reprehensible. It is still people getting fat and wealthy on the backs of the poor.
    So you're saying that the Bible endorses this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I could be wrong , it’s been along time since I read the Bible ( Sunday School) but didn’t the Egyptians enslave the Hebrews? Not because they were poor but because they were looked at as lesser people? They weren’t Egyptian.

Yes, but the Bible is not endorsing it though. I know I've said this before, but you have to see when something is being described and prescribed, that's the difference.

Blog Entries

Pro-Life. But no woman should be made to have a baby that was raped. But she can't wait until the 2nd or 3rd trimester to make a decision either.

So you're saying that the Bible endorses this?
    No, but at times it seems that way:

Peter 2:18 - Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

Timothy 6:1 - All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered.

Corinthians 3:22 - Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.

Ephesian 6:5 - Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ

Exodus 21:7 -If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. (Male servants/slaves were to be given freedom after 6 or 7 years)

There is more in this vein, also plenty of shit that says a man who takes a slave should be punished. Just some more hypocrisy.

Anyway, a lot of those verses above just sound like rich slave owners writing "scripture" that will keep the slaves from revolting. Doesn't sound very "divine."

Blog Entries

No, but at times it seems that way:

Peter 2:18 - Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

Timothy 6:1 - All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered.

Corinthians 3:22 - Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.

Ephesian 6:5 - Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ

Exodus 21:7 -If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. (Male servants/slaves were to be given freedom after 6 or 7 years)

There is more in this vein, also plenty of shit that says a man who takes a slave should be punished. Just some more hypocrisy.

Anyway, a lot of those verses above just sound like rich slave owners writing "scripture" that will keep the slaves from revolting. Doesn't sound very "divine."
    I think any verse taken out of context, can be confusing. For example did you know the Bible says "there is no God"?

Also, as mentioned in the video (and other places) the way we use the word slave and the way they used it is different.

I think any verse taken out of context, can be confusing. For example did you know the Bible says "there is no God"?

Also, as mentioned in the video (and other places) the way we use the word slave and the way they used it is different.
    Here's a good article that goes into how new world slavery was different than bible slavery.....

https://coldcasechristianity.com/wri...world-slavery/