Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Operation Boomerang is underway

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp
    LOL!!

Jim came with the heat today. I'm just watching. This is entertaining.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    LOL!!

Jim came with the heat today. I'm just watching. This is entertaining.
    Hell yeah. Not often I just watch but Jimmy is doing a damn fine job actually arguing the opposing side.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    He absolutely 100% did try to stop the investigation.
    The POTUS had executive privilege to do whatever he wanted to w/regards to the Mueller investiaqtion. Trump could've NOT cooperated and not help them in their efforts at all. The Trump administration did the exact opposite. They cooperated fully.

Mueller’s investigation was the 3rd one into this matter in the last 3 years and every single one came to the same conclusion. There. Was. No. Crime.

If 3-3 investigations come to the same conclusion and you’re arguing the opposite…it’s not Mueller or Barr who are wrong.

Keep reaching.

Although the report also said that many of the people around him failed to carry out his orders. .
    If I tell my wife to go rob a convenient store…and she doesn’t…I am not guilty of a crime...despite my desire to want to rob that convenient store.

Keep reaching.

The report does NOT say that he didn't conspire with Russia. It says that it would be tough to prove that they violated the relevant campaign statutes, because many of them require knowledge or the rules and/or intent to break them. Tough standard.

Not the same thing as, the actions didn't happen.
    If I investigate JimZipcode for raping sheep in the Baltimore-metro area…and my findings show that I was unable to prove that Jim violated the statutes regarding this matter…that definitively means you didn’t rape sheep.

By your logic…all that really means is that I was unable to prove that you raped sheep. This implies that you are a sheep-fucker and the fault lies in my ability to prove it.

That’s not how the law works.

Keep reaching.

Here's some of what he actually wrote"
    "Third, we considered whether to evaluate the conduct we investigated under the Justice Manual standards governing prosecution and declination decisions, but we determined not to apply an approach that could potentially result in a judgment that the President committed crimes."
    Instead they adhered to DOJ policy that a sitting president cannot stand trial. There's a different mechanism for dealing with a sitting president, as Mueller makes clear later:
    "With respect to whether the President can be found to have obstructed justice by exercising his powers under Article II of the Constitution, we concluded that Congress has authority to prohibit a President's corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice. [...] The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law."
    If Congress concludes that Trump committed a crime, they should try to impeach him. If they aren’t moving forward w/impeachment proceedings…what does that mean? Maybe they realize that the results of the 3 prior investigations are a good sign that nothing nefarious happened despite what MSNBC and CNN are saying.

Keep reaching.

I'm not disputing the report. I'm disputing your deliberate mischaracterizations of the report.
    It’s funny how Mueller himself confirmed to Barr that the AG’s summary wasn’t inaccurate or misleading...but to the “evil orange man is bad” crowd...that little nugget of info is ignored because it’s an inconvenient truth that goes against the “Barr can’t be trusted” crowd.

Mueller can testify to clear all of this up, but he hasn’t. There’s nothing to clear up.

If the POTUS committed a crime, impeachment proceedings would be underway and Trump would be on his way out.

This isn't happening. No crime was committed...and 3 investigations in 3 years came to that conclusion.

Keep reaching.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 05-19-2019 at 11:54 AM.

It must be awesome to be a democrat. You get to blame someone else for your failings, money is pooped out a magical unicorn's ass, and you can impeach a president with no evidence simply because you don't like him. Too bad I didn't eat lead paint chips when I was a kid, life would've been much simpler.
    Last edited by darb72; 05-19-2019 at 06:23 AM.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Oh! Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Very apt term for what the Republican Party and its propaganda arm Fox News have been going thru, these past few years. It'll be interesting to see how or if they reassess themselves in 5 to 10 yrs.
    Lol what’s up jimmy

aint it fun down here

Rsr/fox_news lolz

If you ask your wife to rob a liquor store and she doesn't, you are unfit to be president.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Then Barr grossly misrepresented the report on the day of its release.
    It's really amazing then that for all the people in Congress can't simply point out where> I mean they even read it out loud in COngress.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    It's really amazing then that for all the people in Congress can't simply point out where> I mean they even read it out loud in COngress.
    What's funny is the only way to know it was misrepresented is to read the report. But their claiming he misrepresented it like he somehow hiding or covering up something in the report and keeping it from them, but they had to read it in order to claim he misinterpreted it.

Thus, who gives a shit if he misinterpreted it when you can read the full report!!! Idiots...

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Thus, who gives a shit if he misinterpreted it when you can read the full report!!! Idiots...
    Right! Who gives a shit if the Attorney General of the United States misled the public about the contents of a long, dense report full of technical jargon?!?! Idiots.

Blog Entries

Right! Who gives a shit if the Attorney General of the United States misled the public about the contents of a long, dense report full of technical jargon?!?! Idiots.
    Typical Jim... Skips over the meat of the post to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    What's funny is the only way to know it was misrepresented is to read the report. But their claiming he misrepresented it like he somehow hiding or covering up something in the report and keeping it from them, but they had to read it in order to claim he misinterpreted it.

To be fair, I’m sure there are some members in Congress who could probably read it, but not understand it. AOC comes to mind.

Mueller himself said that Barr's summary wasn't inaccurate or misleading.

So...you're wrong.

Keep reaching.