Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Interview With Joshua Harris: Lamar's Off-season QB coach

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    That’s different. Playoffs are “all in”. I’d want Payton Manning to run for the extra yd in a playoff game. There’s a huge difference.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp
    Yeah. That's why I was saying there are times, but they are infrequent. =)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Yeah. That's why I was saying there are times, but they are infrequent. =)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    I gets ya!

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Another thing I hope they do this preseason. Tell Lamar to not run at all during preseason games. Scramble or stay in the pocket and pass. If it's not there, throw it away. This offseason should be about establishing Lamar from the pocket. He doesn't need to run, he doesn't have to prove that point. Save that for the regular season. Was watching a youtube video of how RG3 wanted to do less running when he was in DC, and wanted to take plays out of the playbook having him run.

Honestly, make Lamar a glorified game manager of sorts and build him up. There's too much talent around him. Lamar is a better passer than what's given him credit, but it's easy to fall in love with his running and run that car into the ground. I think all this run heavy talk is BS anyways, because you don't invest in all these WRs to have them blocking. You don't tell a 5'10, 170 lb WR to block. Don't insult my intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    . Don't insult my intelligence.
    Guess we are really narrowing down our subjects then aren't we
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Another thing I hope they do this preseason. Tell Lamar to not run at all during preseason games. Scramble or stay in the pocket and pass. If it's not there, throw it away. This offseason should be about establishing Lamar from the pocket. He doesn't need to run, he doesn't have to prove that point. Save that for the regular season. Was watching a youtube video of how RG3 wanted to do less running when he was in DC, and wanted to take plays out of the playbook having him run.

Honestly, make Lamar a glorified game manager of sorts and build him up. There's too much talent around him. Lamar is a better passer than what's given him credit, but it's easy to fall in love with his running and run that car into the ground. I think all this run heavy talk is BS anyways, because you don't invest in all these WRs to have them blocking. You don't tell a 5'10, 170 lb WR to block. Don't insult my intelligence.
    That is debatable. Our #1 WR is a guy who can't even run right now. There is a great Cosell article or podcast that talks about the difficulty in predicting success of college wrs. Our #2 is either a 3rd rounder or Chris Moore. Our Oline is good at LT, RG and more than likely RT. The LG and C position were horrible last year. Mark Andrews showed a lot of promise as a receiving TE last year. This offense doesn't go anywhere without Lamar running the ball. That is what opened up the running game and that is what is going to require attention from the safeties and the LBs. If he is not running the ball this offense is going to sputter. You invest in a WR like Brown because you want to be run heavy. He is going to require safety help over the top. He can also be used in jet sweeps and misdirection plays.