Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Interview With Joshua Harris: Lamar's Off-season QB coach

Re: Interview With Joshua Harris: Lamar's Off-season QB coach

Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoothSayer View Post
    Good stuff
    Everything I see and hear about Lamar leads me to believe that he will get his game to about 62 - 65% completion. I can't help but be encouraged by his willingness to accept his shortcomings and do whatever he can to improve.

Sounds like Lasley and Lamar might be an item. Hopefully he develops on field chemistry with several of his teammates that take increases both players success rate by knowing what the other is going to do in situations that transcend basic skill sets into extraordinary production above the established history those players have with other players in the same position.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Everything I see and hear about Lamar leads me to believe that he will get his game to about 62 - 65% completion. I can't help but be encouraged by his willingness to accept his shortcomings and do whatever he can to improve.

Sounds like Lasley and Lamar might be an item. Hopefully he develops on field chemistry with several of his teammates that take increases both players success rate by knowing what the other is going to do in situations that transcend basic skill sets into extraordinary production above the established history those players have with other players in the same position.
    The sky is the limit for Lamar, he truly wants to get better in every area of his game.

I like listening to this coach - I heard another interview with him a few weeks ago - he seems to really have his head on straight. Doesn't seem like he's trying to pump himself up one little bit. This would be a great opportunity for him to get his name out there. Instead, he's almost relentlessly on message. It's all about Lamar, and the team.

You gotta like this: coaches are all about repetition, right? Just about every question, Harris found yet another way to say "patience, discipline, keep your feet aligned with your eyes." Its not much of a mystery what he's saying to Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I like listening to this coach - I heard another interview with him a few weeks ago - he seems to really have his head on straight. Doesn't seem like he's trying to pump himself up one little bit. This would be a great opportunity for him to get his name out there. Instead, he's almost relentlessly on message. It's all about Lamar, and the team.

You gotta like this: coaches are all about repetition, right? Just about every question, Harris found yet another way to say "patience, discipline, keep your feet aligned with your eyes." Its not much of a mystery what he's saying to Lamar.
    Exactly, he wants to make sure Lamar understands his message and to maintain discipline. Lamar has the drive to be great but he’s 22 so naturally at times he wants to do his own thing so it helps to have Coach Harris emphasis the importance of maintaining the fundamentals.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

Do you have a link to that interview. I do like his approach with Lamar. I also like how he's picking his battles with Lamar, especially with the subject of his unique grip of the football.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Do you have a link to that interview.
    Last month in the "Lamar's working with a coach in Florida" thread:

Now that I'm thinking of it, I think I'll crosspost this interview over there. Just so everything's together.

I think Lamar has shown he can do this stuff in practice..... And I think he will do it on the field and games as well

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

What's his background? Another poster and I were discussing this and the guy doesn't seem to have much of a back ground in being a qb coach, unless I'm not remembering correctly.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I think he's a HS football coach that is a friend of the family or that Lamar has some other personal connection to. listening to him talk he seems to understand that if this goes well, he will vault up the list as NFL teams continue to tinker with the idea of what the QB position will be going forward. The truth is there are far more athletic, RPO-type QBs in the college ranks than there are tall traditional drop back guys that can read through and pick a defense apart. If this guy can get Lamar to improve his fundamentals and accuracy to go along with that freakish speed, he'll be in high demand.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    What's his background? Another poster and I were discussing this and the guy doesn't seem to have much of a back ground in being a qb coach, unless I'm not remembering correctly.
    im pretty sure hes lamars pastor/high school coach... Id say guys on this forum probably have more football insight then he does...