Shapiro destroyed on tv

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ben-sh...medium=ios_app

wow this was brutal. Decent guy in general

Blog Entries

Re: Shapiro destroyed on tv

I hate attention grabbing headlines like “storms out of interview”. He ended it, there was no storming out. And he didn’t get “destroyed”. All they did is talk over each other.

That said, Shapiro did come off like an entitled brat.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I hate attention grabbing headlines like “storms out of interview”. He ended it, there was no storming out. And he didn’t get “destroyed”. All they did is talk over each other.

That said, Shapiro did come off like an entitled brat.
    IN time Ben will learn to choose his interviews more carefully. He just stepped right into this guys agenda.

Shapiro needs to practice debating against people like this instead of picking on teenagers and posting it online for everyone to see. I would love for him to debate someone like Mehdi Hasan or Sam Seder.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    Shapiro needs to practice debating against people like this instead of picking on teenagers and posting it online for everyone to see. I would love for him to debate someone like Mehdi Hasan or Sam Seder.
    That wasn’t a debate. The interviewer besmirched Ben and Ben got pissed and peaced out.

The comment that the interviewer referenced was totally taken out of context, and...IMO...if that’s one of the questions being asked...the interviewer is A) not prepared or B) simply trying to make Ben look bad. Shapiro could’ve handled himself better here, but I’m sure he’s tired of dealing w/this type of garbage journalism. I’m personally tired of seeing it as well.

There are plenty of Shapiro debates online that aren’t against college students if you think he couldn’t hold his own against someone who’s a more worthy opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    That wasn’t a debate. The interviewer besmirched Ben and Ben got pissed and peaced out.

The comment that the interviewer referenced was totally taken out of context, and...IMO...if that’s one of the questions being asked...the interviewer is A) not prepared or B) simply trying to make Ben look bad. Shapiro could’ve handled himself better here, but I’m sure he’s tired of dealing w/this type of garbage journalism. I’m personally tired of seeing it as well.

There are plenty of Shapiro debates online that aren’t against college students if you think he couldn’t hold his own against someone who’s a more worthy opponent.
    Eh. If that's what that guy is known for doing, he should've been prepared for it though. Sounds like he didn't do his research. Not really a big deal, other than this is the society we live in now, where everything has to be blown up for partisan points.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I think the idea that an interviewer shouldn't "besmirch" their guest is just wrong. Andrew Neil is a conservative and asked some tough questions which were completely valid. The US media has become a safe space bubble for both left and right wingers. With a few exceptions, they are more concerned with appeasing their guests so they will come back on the show again. I watch a lot of British media and the interviewers over there tend to be much sharper. If Ben Shapiro wants to be known as an intellectual he shouldn't flee from interviews if they aren't lobbing softballs his way. The way this interview went is actually indicative of a much larger problem within the media in general.