Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Opposing stadiums

Has anyone ever been treated poorly at a Road game you were at watching the Ravens? I heard Eagle fans are nasty as well as Buffalo fans and Seattle. Any bad experiences?

Re: Opposing stadiums

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Has anyone ever been treated poorly at a Road game you were at watching the Ravens? I heard Eagle fans are nasty as well as Buffalo fans and Seattle. Any bad experiences?
    Eagles fans can’t help it. They throw snowballs at Santa! I mean ..WTH? The Vet used to have a jail and a mini court room in it. That says all you need to know about Philly Fans.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

not first hand - but I've heard that Steeler fans in Pittsburgh are actually pretty cool. It's the Steeler fans that aren't in Pittsburgh that are awful.

Blog Entries

Ive been to 22 NFL stadiums including Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Philly, and never had a problem at any of those, the worst I had at those stadiums was an Asshole chant in Cleveland after Matt Stover hit the game winning 52 yard FG to beat them in 2006. But the one and only stadium I actually did have a problem in was Cincinnati in 2007, It was a very hot MNF game to open the season and there fans were very liquored up, the Ravens were losing most of the game, and their fans were talking trash and throwing peanuts the entire game and Police just watched and didnt do anything. After Ed Reed returned a punt for a TD to give us the lead late, I stood up to cheer and someone 2 rows behind me threw a beer at me, that was the last straw for me. I hit him with a 2 piece and we got pulled apart while the police did nothing. We ended up losing that game, but no one threw anything the rest of the game. When I went to Philly their fans were actually friendly and I had good conversations with their fans while in line to go to the bathroom. No real issues at other stadiums, I talk trash and can take words back, just dont get physical and everything is good!

Blog Entries

You get what you give. If you are going to sit, cheer respectfully, and not antagonize those around you, you aren't going to get anything more than some good natured ribbing in most cases. If you are going to act like an idiot, taunt and egg on the opposing team's fans, etc, then they will be the same back to you. Exceptions do exist and I probably wouldn't go to a game in Oakland, but in general, that's been my experience.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

We've been to every current NFL stadium with the exception of LA. Have only been treated poorly in Cleveland and Oakland.

I've only been to Charlotte (last year), DC (2012), and Tennessee ('08 divisional playoff). Charlotte was fine, a couple of smart ass pricks, but overall it was fine. DC was okay, a couple of idiots in two separate incidents got in my face after the game completely unprovoked, smh. Tennessee was incredible. Some good natured trash talking on the way in, nothing during the game, and their fans were approaching us after the game downtown to congratulate us and wish us luck against the Steelers the following week. Seriously, they were awesome.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I've been to a lot of roadies over the years..

Best opposing fan treatment:

Seattle
    Nashville

Indifferent Opposing fan treatment:

Tampa
    Jacksonville
    Atlanta

Worst opposing fan treatment:

Landover - several games and several incidents
    Oakland - the fans there are drunk and obnoxious on annother level*

*side note - I'm in San Fran on business and was at the Colosseum last night for the no-hitter. Caught a foul ball too...

I was lucky enough to be stationed here in San Diego when the Ravens played the chargers I think two or even three years in a row, 4th and 29? Pretty sure we went 2/3. 1st one was when Ray tackled spikes in the back filed to out the "hay in the barn.". During the game when rivers would make a mistak or someone would talk trash, id ask how Drew Brees is doing? Has he won anything... It was not well perceived so maybe I deserved the backslash.

I flew in for the weekend just for the Ravens @ chiefs playoff game. Obviously it wasn't close, I think 35-7. Someone was talking shit, I said something along the lines of talk to me when you win a playoff game or something, just fun banter. He walks up about 6 rows and says he's going to fine me out side and stab me. Didn't happen, was kind of dissapointed, I like it rough.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

New England...didn't have anything bad happen, but definitely had the feeling that I would keep my mouth shut and cheer quietly...Watched the Ravens win the AFC Championship there (my wife and I had our Ravens jerseys on)...after the game, we zipped up our coats covering our jerseys and didn't say a word as we walked back to our car out of fear of what obnoxious Patriots fans would do if we were showing any signs of celebrating. (Although of course we were super stoked and excited!)

Atlanta
    Carolina
    Denver
    Dallas
    Tampa Bay
    Tennessee 2x
    Washington 2x

Seattle this year.

Generally speaking, every road trip was fun. People are fine if you can talk to them on an individual basis. It's the fly-bys who talk crap. More so if the local team is competitive. If the local team is having a bad year, you really are only seeing the dedicated season ticket holders. The drunk idiots stay home.

The funniest was Dallas for Dak and Zeke's rookie year. Had a couple funny interactions. Standing in line for over an hour to get in the stadium because Jerry thought he could save money on metal detectors, local fans were so proud that they got to stand there forever since it showed how much they support the team???? Crazy since we wanted to walk around and look at the stadium before the game AND would have certainly bought something from the vendors. But, we barely made it to our seats by game time.

Also, never get standing room tickets in Dallas, only the first row of people can actually see the field.

I would go to Nashville every year. Great downtown location, close to all the action. Unfortunately, Broad Street is getting pretty corporate and it's harder to find the dive bars. Hopefully, this trend slows down. Denver is second.

Washington is by far the worst experience to get in and out. The parking is horrendous. Get there very early and expect to be stuck in the parking lot for at least an hour before you even move.

Atl
    Carolina
    Pitt 3 times
    Clev
    Cincy
    NE 2 times
    NY
    Buff
    Wash.
    SD
    Dallas
    Miami
    GB
    Tenn.

My worst experience was NE and NY. I sat there quietly and was still harrassed and not in a good natured way. In all the fans aren't bad. Green Bay is the best by far. I love Lambeau

Going to Miami, KC and either LA or Seattle this year.