Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Trace Mcsorley as a passer

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It’s amazing how we have thread about Lamar being better that Kyler Murray and another on McSorely being better than Lamar. Put them together and we a got a better pick in the 6th round than the 1st overall pick in this years draft. Yay purple kool-aid!
    And RG3 was head and shoulders above all of them in college. RG got better every year and his final, Jr year at Baylor he completed 72% of his passes for 4,293 yards, 37 TDs against 6 INTs for a 190 rating. (McSorley's SR year: 53%, 2,530, 18/7, 125 Rating)

What does it prove?

As Brian Billick once said, "Son, your potential is gonna get me fired."

Let's see how Trace performs on special teams in order to see if he ever has a chance to throw a pass in the NFL>

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    This was a wasted pick IMO. They should have taken Mack Wilson instead of Iman Marshall and another C/OG instead of McSorley. McSorley will probably be on the PS. They could have gotten a lot more value for those two picks.
    Dirty, I agree. I think, but cannot prove, we could've taken Mack Wilson (3rd pick in 4th round), then Iman in the 5th, and Daylon Mack in the 6th. McSorely would probably have been a UDFA anyway... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    COLLEGE STATS

QB1:
    Junior Year: 61.9% 2427 yards 14 TDs 10 INTs
    Senior Year: 61.0% 2217 yards 16 TDs 6 INTs

QB2:
    Junior Year: 64.9% 3919 yards 32 TDs 7 INTs
    Senior Year: 61.9% 3426 yards 37 TDs 7 INTs

Both two year starters at traditionally successful programs with largely “pro style” (pretty irrelevant term these days) offenses.
    It’s Tom Brady and Brady Quinn. No, I’m not saying Lamar is Tom Brady. But no, these two aren’t outliers either. Comparing pro prospects based on their college stats and nothing more is largely a waste of time. Watch the tape.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Why because you say so or it infers a debate on Jackson?

There is a viable discussion and a multitude of reasons of why people can speculate on there being similarties between the two and in some aspects an edge towards Mcsorely on some things.

Jackson college stats
    2015 54.7% comp 1840 yards 12 TD 8 INT
    2016 56.2% comp 3543 yards 30TD 9 INT
    2017 59.1% comp 3660 yards 27 TD 10 INT

Mcsorely college stats.
    2016 57.9 % comp 3614 yards 29 TD 8 INT
    2017 66.5% comp 3570 yards 28 TD 10 INT (high completion percentage than Jackson ever saw)
    2018 53.2% comp 2530 yards 18 TD 7 INT

No one knows who will end up being a better player yet. Mcsorely has seen no NFL action.
    Jackson has 2019 to prove he can be a viable starter.
    In 2016 20% of his completions went to Saquon Barkley. I'd argue that his 2016 success had a lot more to do with Barkley than improvement from year to year. In fact, all the stats you show for McSorely are trending in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    It’s Tom Brady and Brady Quinn. No, I’m not saying Lamar is Tom Brady. But no, these two aren’t outliers either. Comparing pro prospects based on their college stats and nothing more is largely a waste of time. Watch the tape.
    This. This. This. This. This. This.

T.

H.

I.

S.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

There is no comparison to Keenan Reynolds other than the aspect of the possibility of being able to play other positions.

My comparison has less to do with college stats and more to do with what I believe his ultimate fate will be as a Raven.

If I'm wrong, then great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    If draft position determined anything McSorley (197) has a slight leg up on Tom Bray (199). The fact that Lamar was a first round pick means absolutely NOTHING! Lamar better learn how to throw in the NFL before he gets both of his legs ripped off by NFL defenses.
    Given your bias against Lamar Jackson you are about the last person anyone should listen to on this topic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lmao ok ok ok y’all got me.
    Hahaha.

Just joking around with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Given your bias against Lamar Jackson you are about the last person anyone should listen to on this topic.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

The tape on McSorely shows that, even more than Lamar, he's a run first QB.

If it were me, I'd see what I can get out of him on special teams, and then if he has value there, use the time to see if you can convert him from QB to a hard-nosed NFL possession WR in the mold of Edelman, Randle El, Boldin, Ward, Pryor, Cribbs.

First show he can play teams then show he can catch.

I said this yesterday. Having a debate over on Ravens scout forum with a guy who is all but hurt about this very topic.

If you watch clips of Mscorely and Jacskon both and are honest and objective about it you should clearly see the difference.

Mcsorely is a much smoother passer, his footwork is great, keeps a wide base even on the run when he throws, he has consistent arm and throwing motion and looks more accurate with the ball.

If you watch Jackson, he is obviously faster, and has a stronger arm but his mechanics are terrible. His footwork is garbage, he always keeps his feet in tight and at times he almost throws while standing straight forward. His arm and throwing motion are never consistent, at times its the side arm garbage which is rarely accurate, and when he is accurate the ball comes more over the shoulder/ head area but he is not consistent with it and he is sloppy with the ball when running.

Decosta has publicly stated he fell in love with this pick. He never said that with Jackson
    I can be accurate too if all I throw are dump off passes.

Every QB better than him has something to offer on the table at the pro level. At least Lamar brings his athletic ability that can break defenses down. What does McSorely bring other than a good 40 yard dash time? It isn't his pedestrian accuracy or lack of arm talent. He's just "le throw ducks man".

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    I can be accurate too if all I throw are dump off passes.

Every QB better than him has something to offer on the table at the pro level. At least Lamar brings his athletic ability that can break defenses down. What does McSorely bring other than a good 40 yard dash time? It isn't his pedestrian accuracy or lack of arm talent. He's just "le throw ducks man".
    Have you ever watched Mcsorely throw a pass?

Hardly dump off passes. There is quite a few nice highlights on youtube.

Deny it all you want but Lamar never hit a 66% completion percentage in any year in college or at the NFL level yet.

There has been a litany of excuses for how bad Lousville was, but that must not apply to Mcsorely after he lost Barqley right? lol

No one knows what he will be. But his college numbers, at times were better than Jackson's.