Page 81 of 147 FirstFirst ... 7980818283 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    What a great time to be at RSR! So much info, intelligent opinions, and raw data. This my favorite time of the year here at RSR. Keep it coming guys. I'll read (almost) every post while enjoying TWO new granddaughters in the last two weeks! TWO first round draft choices! And no agents to deal with!
    You'll be expected to be a booster.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I'd only call Elam, Perriman and Boller busts.

Taylor was a disappointment like Mark Clayton but put up some numbers with bad QBs throwing to him. He finished with 4017 career yards and 22 TD, of which 2758 yards and 15 TD were in Baltimore.

Ultimately bust is a subjective term. Perhaps the best definition is, if you're a round 1-3 pick anyway, that you are cut before your rookie contract is up. I think only Elam and Perriman fall into that category.
    I think Taylor gets held to a higher standard as the 10th overall pick. He put up decent raw stats but he was very inefficient on a per target basis.

Players I like that aren't on top everyone's lists.

RB's
    Cam Akers FSU
    Antonio Gibson Memphis
    Darryton Evans Appy State

WR's
    Brandon Aiyuk ASU (this years version of Deebo Samuel who I love at this time last year)
    Bryan Edwards SC
    Michael Pittman USC

TE
    Cheyenne O'Grady ARK

OT
    Ben Bartch St. John

IOL
    Lohan Stenberg Kentucky
    Michael Onwenu Michigan
    John Runyan Michigan, (played T in College , will play G at next level) Harbaugh coached on a Eagle team that his dad played on..

IDL
    Davon Hamilton OSU
    Leki Fotu Utah

Edge
    Bradlee Anae Utah
    Darrel Taylor Tenn

LB
    Shaq Quarterman Miami

CB
    Harrison Hand Temple
    Michael Ojemudia Iowa

S
    Jeremy Chinn Southern IL
    Kyle Dugger Lenoir Ryne

Blog Entries

One under-the-radar guy I've always liked is Joe Gaziano from Northwestern.

He's 6'4" 282lbs and played DE/DT. He's not an athletic freak, but he did have a 1.68 10-yard split, which for a guy that plays close to 290 is pretty darn good. He had solid shuttle and cone drill results as well. He was not invited to the combine, so these were his numbers at Northwestern's Pro-Day. The thing that intrigues me about him is that he can bend pretty well for a bigger DL'man. He doesn't look like just a bull-rush guy. He'll lay some wood too.

He's the career sack leader at Northwestern with 29 sacks.

I think he looks like a prime candidate for priority UDFA or maybe a late-round pick. I think he'd be solid depth at 5-Tech DE behind Derek Wolfe. He looks like a Raven DE to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF-YOrEiPlE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHke6bWk9hE

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

On the talk of underrated / under-the-radar guys, I watched Zach Sammartino (Darmouth College) last night. I'm extremely impressed.

May be a UDFA but has some strong potential. Great uncle is Bruno Sammartino
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    On the talk of underrated / under-the-radar guys, I watched Zach Sammartino (Darmouth College) last night. I'm extremely impressed.

May be a UDFA but has some strong potential. Great uncle is Bruno Sammartino
    This is not a name I'm unfamiliar with. His Great Uncle was the legendary Hall of Fame wrestler Bruno Sammartino.

He died in 2018 at the age of 82... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    Players I like that aren't on top everyone's lists.
    WR's
    Brandon Aiyuk ASU (this years version of Deebo Samuel who I love at this time last year)
    Bryan Edwards SC
    Michael Pittman USC
    Please tell us more!

We been arguing about Edwards in the draft-WRs thread. I never heard of him til two days ago; but a draft guru that I respect a lot put him at #7 in the class. What do you like about him? How high (as in draft round) do you like him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Please tell us more!

We been arguing about Edwards in the draft-WRs thread. I never heard of him til two days ago; but a draft guru that I respect a lot put him at #7 in the class. What do you like about him? How high (as in draft round) do you like him?
    Edwards is a nice prospect. Excellent hands and concentration. Makes a lot of catches in traffic, breaks tackles, picks up YAC. I think he's gone under the radar a bit this pre-draft process because he's been hurt.

Seems like he is a very similar WR to Allen Robinson.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Good article on Tom Flacco from Jamison Hensley even if he is likely to not get drafted.

Can Tom Flacco be elite like his brother Joe? He thinks so

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Please tell us more!

Kid is tough, played with an energy that we haven't seen since SSS. Can beat you deep, over the middle or taking a jet sweep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laB5f_5FaDk

Who else is warming up to the idea of trading back into the early 2nd as opposed to staying at 28. linebackers have slipped in the past, we could easily nab Murray in the early second. Other options would be Delpit, Ruiz and a plethorea of 1st round talent WR.

12. Re: 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    Who else is warming up to the idea of trading back into the early 2nd as opposed to staying at 28. linebackers have slipped in the past, we could easily nab Murray in the early second. Other options would be Delpit, Ruiz and a plethorea of 1st round talent WR.
    This is where I'm at right now. I'd love to snag Ruiz in the early second and a falling receiver (Higgens or Aiyuk), Edge (Weaver or Anae), or IDL with our two second picks. Then use the extra 4th or 5th on OL or ILB depth.