Page 27 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LJ's back-up are already on the roster : RG III and McSorely... Bc
    Idk. John Reglarperson has me intrigued by Malcom Perry.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Idk. John Reglarperson has me intrigued by Malcom Perry.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Maybe as a punt returner..:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LJ's back-up are already on the roster : RG III and McSorely... Bc
    I doubt we bring back RGIII next season. They usually only carry 2 QBs. So, cutting him saves cap space, and a roster spot. I think McSorley is our number 2 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    I doubt we bring back RGIII next season. They usually only carry 2 QBs. So, cutting him saves cap space, and a roster spot. I think McSorley is our number 2 next season.
    They carried 3 all year and RGIII performed admirably when he did play, including getting a win over the Steelers.

I think they keep him.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Burrow doesn't panic. He's okay running or taking a sack. He's not going to force the ball to somewhere he shouldn't just because of pressure. The key is still having a good offensive line. Burrow doesn't need all day but when he sees more than 1 guy running free at him he does get hit. It's very similar to what John Elway used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    They carried 3 all year and RGIII performed admirably when he did play, including getting a win over the Steelers.

I think they keep him.
    They carried 3 because McSorely was a rookie that they didn't feel confident in as a backup, but they still didn't want to risk losing him on the practice squad. Now, that he has a year under his belt, he should be ready to step into that role as the #2, and they can afford to let RGIII go.

I guess we'll see though.

They carried 3 because McSorely was a rookie that they didn't feel confident in as a backup, but they still didn't want to risk losing him on the practice squad. Now, that he has a year under his belt, he should be ready to step into that role as the #2, and they can afford to let RGIII go.

I guess we'll see though.
    I try not to read too much into things, but the fact that they didn't even let him throw a pass against PIT was kind of concerning.

On one hand, they could have just been making sure RGIII was battle ready in case he were thrust into action in a playoff game (completely fair). On the other, they might not have seen much development. You just dont' hear anything about him.

We shall see. He has a big preseason ahead of him next year.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I try not to read too much into things, but the fact that they didn't even let him throw a pass against PIT was kind of concerning.

On one hand, they could have just been making sure RGIII was battle ready in case he were thrust into action in a playoff game (completely fair). On the other, they might not have seen much development. You just dont' hear anything about him.

We shall see. He has a big preseason ahead of him next year.
    Fair point. I may just be putting the cart in front of the horse with McSorley's progression. If he hasn't taken the next step to be a competent backup, then we could definitely see RGIII back next season.

Now, if that happens, I have to wonder if they are more willing to risk McSorley on the practice squad this time around.

Fair point. I may just be putting the cart in front of the horse with McSorley's progression. If he hasn't taken the next step to be a competent backup, then we could definitely see RGIII back next season.

Now, if that happens, I have to wonder if they are more willing to risk McSorley on the practice squad this time around.
    All depends on the level of progression. TBH I didn't think he was horrible this year in the PS. Like he was better than my expectations I guess I shoudl say. So that's encouraging.

So if he can improve on that and do some good things, I doubt they risk him. But if he stagnates I think he'll be on PS. The issue is RGIII's age too. Lamar's the franchise QB he's going to need a backup that can run a similar system and it really limits your pool.
    - Ray Lewis

A huge part of why RG3 here because the team loves his mentorship of Lamar. It's way more than just his ability as a QB.

At some point I'm sure he'll be gone as Lamar continues to grow, but I think the Ravens think his influence on Lamar is what's sorta invaluable.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

12. Re: 2020 NFL Draft Thread

What are the resident draft gurus' thoughts on Safeties or Guards that might be available when we pick in Rd. 1? I know most of the talk to date has focused on the front 7, and deservingly so IMHO, but I get the sense that the guys available at those positions may be reaches. I realize that neither position - pending Yanda's decision - is an enormous need, but picking late in the first and given the positional strengths and weaknesses of this year's class, we may end up being in a pure BPA scenario. I'm not really into college football, so what can you tell me about Kindley, Delpit, and Lemieux? Upside? Fit for scheme? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk