Page 83 of 147 FirstFirst ... 8182838485 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I think its too narrow to view the draft as rigid binary process of picking from small handful of possibilities. I think the notion that were gonna pick either position X or position Y at pick 28 doesn't acknowledge that in the draft......
    Well of course, but we’re not the ones making the picks and we’re not full time scouts lol. Even in quarantine we have stuff we need to do and a limited amount of time to devote to prospects. As draft-obsessed as I am, I still have to prioritize my time so if I’ve got a chance to look at the top options at edge or like, mid-tier safety prospects I’m going to do the former.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Even in quarantine we have stuff we need to do and a limited amount of time to devote to prospects.
    Exactly. For example, I just counted each and every piece of grass on my front lawn.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Exactly. For example, I just counted each and every piece of grass on my front lawn.
    I counted the hairs on my head, but (alas, sigh) it only took about 45 seconds... Bc

Blog Entries

Well of course, but we’re not the ones making the picks and we’re not full time scouts lol. Even in quarantine we have stuff we need to do and a limited amount of time to devote to prospects. As draft-obsessed as I am, I still have to prioritize my time so if I’ve got a chance to look at the top options at edge or like, mid-tier safety prospects I’m going to do the former.
    Huh?

I’m not sure how this is in response to my post?

My point is that people view the draft selection through too narrow a lense of possible options. And any suggestions outside of their 1 or 2 position groups they view negatively.

Huh?
    What the fuck are you confused about ed

Blog Entries

What the fuck are you confused about ed
    Oh...okay

Oh...okay
    No but like actually. I know condescension is your thing, and acting like a post is nonsense without actually saying what part of it is confusing to you is extremely condescending so it was a very on brand response, but what about that post was confusing to you?

sorry couldn't resist

Blog Entries

No but like actually. I know condescension is your thing, and acting like a post is nonsense without actually saying what part of it is confusing to you is extremely condescending so it was a very on brand response, but what about that post was confusing to you?
    Alright alright...

Let’s keep the peace shall we? :-)

Back to the thread, what do you think about my guys Joe Gaziano and Derrek Tuszka?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Good stuff, you gonna post some cut-ups?
    The edge rush thread would be good place for this......I'll post his PFF numbers from their draft guide.
    I don’t really have a lot of experience doing cut ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Huh?

I’m not sure how this is in response to my post?

My point is that people view the draft selection through too narrow a lense of possible options. And any suggestions outside of their 1 or 2 position groups they view negatively.
    Just saw your edit. You initially mentioned disappointment as to the fact that people here seem to focus only on the top options at perceived positions of need. My response was about why that would be the case. There are only so many prospects most of us have a chance to familiarize ourselves with, so it's natural that's where the focus would fall.

Just saw your edit. You initially mentioned disappointment as to the fact that people here seem to focus only on the top options at perceived positions of need. My response was about why that would be the case. There are only so many prospects most of us have a chance to familiarize ourselves with, so it's natural that's where the focus would fall.
    ...and for the record I agree with this. I mean, I'd love to get paid for this and look at everybody but I don't expect it to ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Back to the thread, what do you think about my guys Joe Gaziano and Derrek Tuszka?
    On this topic I have no good opinion, I haven't looked at them yet