Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 145146147
Results 1,753 to 1,754 of 1754

Re: 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Oh. Well I wouldn't draft any RB in round 1. Zeke Elliott, Christian McCaffrey, Todd Gurley, doesn't matter. There are plenty of guys on day 2 like Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry and Nick Chubb.

I do differ from analytics people in that I would absolutely draft RB on day two. In fact I'd stack Rd 2/3 RBs every other year. I'd consistently have the best backfield stable in the NFL. Taylor, Dobbins, CEH, Swift, Moss, Akers all fall in that category.
    RB just isn’t important enough, they are too plentiful. They come into the league ready to play.

I wouldn’t draft one in the second round unless the cupboard was incredibly bare. I probably wouldn’t even use the third round unless relative emergency. Just add day three and UDFA every year and neither of those situations should occur:

Never, ever pay a FA, even Ingram’s bargain seems like an overpay half way through.

Supply and demand. Supply is huge and demand is low. No reason to pay above minimum or spend heavy in draft assets.
    There will be another 4-5 RB1’s available on day2/3 next draft just like there was this year. That won’t change. Though, with college ball evolving towards passing, they may have more tread left on their tires and they may even be able to pass lock soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 2020 NFL Draft Thread

It is not that there aren't great running backs taken in the first round that I would want on my team. It's that there are too many in rounds 2 and later who are their equals or near equals, in an NFL that is pass oriented. And at a position that doesn't tend to be durable.