Page 35 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Am I correct in interpreting that you think his "weaknesses" are kind of nitpicky? That you think he's a great prospect? That comp sure is attention-getting.

I would love to add a great Center to this O-line. I think things would suddenly open up wide across the board, with a great player in the middle. Everything else would flow much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Leaning with the shoulder is a very bad habbit, so I wouldn't say it's nitpicky at all. He has a ton of potential and anyone that big that can bend and move like he does is of great interest. But sloppy technique, even if it has been improved, is still not great. It's hard to break some of those tendencies.
    Come to think of it, shouldn't Jim be doing write ups on the Michigan players?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Mock Draft Monitor 2.0 :

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ft-monitor-2-0

Looks like most have - LB Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma

Junior; 6-foot-2, 234 pounds; 102 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, 4 sacks

as the Ravens 1st round (#28) pick... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Come to think of it, shouldn't Jim be doing write ups on the Michigan players?
    They're all great. High-effort, high-football-IQ players. But really, they're even better men than they are football players. Any team would be lucky to have any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    They're all great. High-effort, high-football-IQ players. But really, they're even better men than they are football players. Any team would be lucky to have any of them.
    Would you say any of them are mighty?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

i wonder what jimmy z does in the offseason

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    i wonder what jimmy z does in the offseason
    Last year I argued here about Lamar Jackson every goddam day.

I really really really want Tee Higgins. Huge frame, great hands, can win above the rim and along the boundary, which would hugely help Lamar. Certainly some room for improvement, but I think he'd take us to the next level on offense. Hollywood, Higgins, Boykin and Snead with our TEs would be wild. I don't think he'd be the kind of guy to light up the combine, which hopefully keeps his stock in late R1. Would love to hear thoughts on him from folks who have studied him.

Blog Entries

Tee Higgins is very high on my list. I just don't think he'll be available at #28 and I don't see the Ravens trading up to the teens to get him. Higgins looks like a taller version of Devante Adams. What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Tee Higgins is very high on my list. I just don't think he'll be available at #28 and I don't see the Ravens trading up to the teens to get him. Higgins looks like a taller version of Devante Adams. What's not to like?
    I dont think he's as fluid as a runner. I saw AJ Green as a comparison and I can see it a bit. Uses some really nice hand techniques to get separation and if you put that ball up he's doing everything he can to get it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm for it. With so many WRs writhing in the first round, he might just fall that far. I wouldn't trade up for him either. I hate to stunt Boykin's growth if he can breakout, but considering Marquise is not going to be a high-volume targets receiver, those two could profitably split time and Higgins could get as much attention as he can handle.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    I'm for it. With so many WRs writhing in the first round, he might just fall that far. I wouldn't trade up for him either. I hate to stunt Boykin's growth if he can breakout, but considering Marquise is not going to be a high-volume targets receiver, those two could profitably split time and Higgins could get as much attention as he can handle.
    Higgins would allow Boykin and Brown to play reps in the slot and at Z too, which interests me.

Boykin isn't good at breaking off routes down field, but his first step off the line was one of his greatest strengths (weird how acceleration and agility can change like that)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I don't think I've seen Higgins mocked higher than WR6, he should be there at 28 and even later. It's not as if we need a high production WR anyway to spend our first round pick in one and I think there will be a lot of value for a WR in the second and third rounds. We are probably better off drafting IDL, iOL or even LB at 28 (or trading back a bit)