Page 43 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast
  1. Re: 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    We got big WRs already in Boykin and Scott. Snead, Andrews and hurst are the big slots.

Hollywood brown is our only deep threat. His biggest knock is his slight frame. If he goes down, we have no one to back up the defense.

That’s why I’m all for adding someone like Jalen raegor. He can hold his own at WR. He automatically steps in as our returner. And he’s insurance if Hollywood ever goes down. Them 2 on the field at the same time along with our TEs, the defense will have to defend all 3 levels.
    I agree with you but not for the same reasons. I think Reagor can contribute to the outside as a receiver and not just a deep threat because of his ability to make contested catches and his route running, and he happens to be my favorite receiver in the draft.

However, if we really are worried about a big outside (X) receiver, a guy like Tee Higgins has more potential than Boykin and Scott combined. There is a reason Scott was inactive most games. We shouldn't avoid upgrading just because we have guys. If an Edge/IDL/IOL worthy of the 28th pick isn't there, and Reagor or Higgins are, you have to take one of them IMO.

Re: 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bmorebirds8 View Post
    I agree with you but not for the same reasons. I think Reagor can contribute to the outside as a receiver and not just a deep threat because of his ability to make contested catches and his route running, and he happens to be my favorite receiver in the draft.

However, if we really are worried about a big outside (X) receiver, a guy like Tee Higgins has more potential than Boykin and Scott combined. There is a reason Scott was inactive most games. We shouldn't avoid upgrading just because we have guys. If an Edge/IDL/IOL worthy of the 28th pick isn't there, and Reagor or Higgins are, you have to take one of them IMO.
    Oh I agree with you. I mentioned raegor is more than capable of holding his own as a WR. Him being a insurance policy to Hollywood is just a bonus. Those 2 on the field at the same time will present massive problems for defenses. Both can play anywhere on the field and beat you from anywhere.

I have him as my WR4 after jeudy, lamb, and Riggs. I would be perfectly fine picking him at 28.

You say biggest bang for buck is iol but that is only considering team need...when considering biggest bang for buck with respect to this drafts talent at wide reciever is just too deep to ignore

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not a fan of Claypool at all.

Late round WR == Antonio Gandy-Golden out of Liberty.

And yes, I have read the negatives. Passes the eye test, though.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    There's a fair argument to make that maybe we should go Center or front-7 with that pick. In a vacuum, it probably makes more sense to go that route. However, given the talent available in this draft, there's a good chance an outside WR will represent the greatest value add for the team. Also, I don't believe in drafting interior OL that high unless they project to be absolute studs.
    I agreed with pretty much your whole long reply tn. I think this is the key point as to why receiver might be our best bet at 28.

I'm no draft expert but I read far too many of them (especially considering I don't think they know much and they all copy each other for fear of looking stupid). The consensus seems to be that there might not be any 'first round talents' at iOL or pass rusher left by 28 whereras there are too many first round quality WRs to even fit in the first round so a receiver with a lot of potential would represent best value.

It would also fit a need. If Hollywood is out we don't have any wide receiver an opponent would worry about.

I absolutely love everything about Justin Jefferson. I just question if his role is what we neeed now. What do you Guys think? I think his routes and IQ would be such a mismatch if we see zone all the time like we did vs. Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    It would also fit a need. If Hollywood is out we don't have any wide receiver an opponent would worry about.
    Good point. Plus, it's very possible Hollywood may wind up being the type that is always banged up due to his slight frame. So, having another weapon at WR may be important.

Good point. Plus, it's very possible Hollywood may wind up being the type that is always banged up due to his slight frame. So, having another weapon at WR may be important.
    I would bet the Ravens are counting on Marquise being out now and then with injury. I expect they will draft one or two WRs in the rich 3rd - 4th rounds. This WR class is historically deep. One early big board had Van Jefferson as the 28th best receiver, so they have a lot to evaluate. EDC will be all over this.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by JZB4321 View Post
    You say biggest bang for buck is iol but that is only considering team need...
    Sure. "Biggest bang for the buck" IF the talent lines up for our pick.

Passing up the Best Players Available, if they're at WR or elsewhere, just to draft a weak O-lineman that we could get ~15 picks or a round later: that's definitely NOT "bang for the buck". I didn't mean to suggest otherwise.

It's weird that you're going on about front-seven and IOL when the initial post I quote you on was about adding a slot WR vs. an outside WR. What is that about?
    Diversify the WR portfolio. Add a skill set we don't already have.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Diversify the WR portfolio. Add a skill set we don't already have.
    But we have a slot WR. Snead is average but he’s still a low end starter.

Boykin couldn’t even beat our Seth Roberts for the full time X spot and Roberts spent the majority of his time in Oakland in the slot.

If we want to diversity and add a skillset we don’t have, adding a slot WR doesn’t make sense. When you factor in our TEs it makes even less sense
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    But we have a slot WR. Snead is average but he’s still a low end starter.

Boykin couldn’t even beat our Seth Roberts for the full time X spot and Roberts spent the majority of his time in Oakland in the slot.

If we want to diversity and add a skillset we don’t have, adding a slot WR doesn’t make sense. When you factor in our TEs it makes even less sense
    Not just Snead, but Hollywood also runs out of the slot a fair amount. Mark Andrews and Hayden Hurst can also run out of the slot.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.