Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5455565758 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 672 of 919
  1. #661
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    21,353

    Re: Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme






  2. #662
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    10,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    How often have you seen RPO in the NFL from a non-spread formation? But, clearly its the same offense from last year. Nothing new to see last Sunday, same as it ever was.





  3. #663
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    30,879

    Re: Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme

    Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    How often have you seen RPO in the NFL from a non-spread formation? But, clearly it’s the same offense from last year. Nothing new to see last Sunday, same as it ever was.
    It makes sense for Roman to run it out of these formations with 2 TE personnel. Keeps the defense off-kilter.

    Theoretically from a design perspective you can run it out of any formation. Looks like Roman and Culley working together on this one which is great to see.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  4. #664
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    10,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    A Closer Look at G-Ro's Playcalling

    Greg Roman's screen concepts.

    The set-up bait:

    11 Personnel, 1x3 Gun HB (R) Formation (Trips Right in some verbiage), 1st & 10 (8:57)
    Hollywood is inside receiver closet to the RT
    Hurst is split out in the slot (R), Snead is split out wide and Boykin is the backside Iso Receiver

    Defense starts w/ a 6-man box but builds it to 7 w/ the (L) side Safety flying up.
    Greg creates a great match-up against this Cover 3 look and the closet defender to Hollywood ends up being a LB. This would be a great formation-personnel combination to comeback when facing a team that likes Cover 3.

    The play is a Play-action or RPO quick Screen to Hollywood from the slot.
    Hurst and Snead stalk block for the screen. Hollywood runs a short speed out

    With the current personnel on the team I think you could put a RB or TE in Hollywood's slot position also. I think Ingram and Hill could do it and Andrews maybe even Hurst. But, I would love to see Justice Hill get some touches in that role because he provides a speed and elusiveness element but also brings power/tackling breaking ability that Hollywood doesn't. Then you could still get to this play from 22 personnel (several others also).


    Last edited by edromeo; 09-19-2019 at 12:14 PM.





  5. #665
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    10,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A Closer Look at G-Ro's Playcalling

    The very next play the trap is sprung.

    11 Personnel, starts 2x2 Gun HB (R) Formation (Doubles in some verbiage), 1st & 10 (8:17)
    Hollywood motions from slot (L) behind the QB and continues on a flare route (R)
    Andrews is split out in the slot (R), Snead is split out wide and Boykin is the backside Iso Receiver

    Defense starts w/ a 6-man box but builds it to 7 w/ the (L) side Safety flying up.
    Cover 3 look and again the closet defender to Hollywood ends up being a LB.

    Play is PA fake, Pump fake swing/screen, Slot Fade.

    Andrews fakes to block like Hurst did in the previous screen play then runs an outside fade route.
    Both the Nickel Safety and OLB bite on the pump fake because of the previous screen pass.



    Great use of personnel, play design and play sequence/script.





  6. #666
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    21,353

    Re: Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme

    Two fantastic new vids from Edgar Allen, don't miss them:

    Sept 18:
    Lamar to Andrews/Ingram (reading and manipulating coverage)
    https://youtu.be/yfDjj2sJ0kY

    Sept 19:
    Things we might have missed vs. Arizona
    https://youtu.be/nHmcNd47UjU


    He says in one that he joined Filmstudy for his podcast this week! THAT's cool.





  7. Re: Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Two fantastic new vids from Edgar Allen, don't miss them:

    Sept 18:
    Lamar to Andrews/Ingram (reading and manipulating coverage)
    https://youtu.be/yfDjj2sJ0kY

    Sept 19:
    Things we might have missed vs. Arizona
    https://youtu.be/nHmcNd47UjU


    He says in one that he joined Filmstudy for his podcast this week! THAT's cool.
    Podcast with EA.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

    Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)





  8. #668
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    10,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A Closer Look at G-Ro's Playcalling



    There is one more screen to Hollywood but it seems like my computer doesn't want me to post it.

    Last game there were 5 screen passes that I saw.
    4 to Hollywood and 1 to TE (Andrews/Boyle) that was incomplete.

    Easy passes like the screens are in every QBs gameplan, except for Lamar last year w/ Marty. Screen passes are one aspect of G-Ro n̶e̶w̶ not new offense that I hoped for and very happy to see.
    Last edited by edromeo; 09-21-2019 at 07:21 AM.





  9. #669

    Re: A Closer Look at G-Ro's Playcalling

    Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post


    There is one more screen to Hollywood but it seems like my computer doesn't want me to post it.

    Last game there were 5 screen passes that I saw.
    4 to Hollywood and 1 to TE (Andrews/Boyle) that was incomplete.

    Easy passes like the screens are in every QBs gameplan, except for Lamar last year w/ Marty. Screen passes are one aspect of G-Ro n̶e̶w̶ not new offense that I hoped for and very happy to see.
    The Ravens have always been allergic to WR screens--ranking last or close to last in frequency of plays run for years IIRC--and I could not agree with you more that seeing our offense be modernized in this respect is a gasp, not a breath, of fresh air.





  10. #670
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    21,353

    Re: A Closer Look at G-Ro's Playcalling

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The Ravens have always been allergic to WR screens--ranking last or close to last in frequency of plays run for years IIRC--and I could not agree with you more that seeing our offense be modernized in this respect is a gasp, not a breath, of fresh air.
    Cam had them in the playbook for Joe, early in Joe's career. Joe was actually pretty good at them.

    But yeah, does seem like it's been eons since we've seen them.

    And a fake screen, too! That was a shock. A wonderful shock.





  11. Re: A Closer Look at G-Ro's Playcalling

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Cam had them in the playbook for Joe, early in Joe's career. Joe was actually pretty good at them.

    But yeah, does seem like it's been eons since we've seen them.

    And a fake screen, too! That was a shock. A wonderful shock.
    I'm still shocked we have a QB that can successfully execute a pump fake.





  12. #672
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    10,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A Closer Look at G-Ro's Playcalling

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Cam had them in the playbook for Joe, early in Joe's career. Joe was actually pretty good at them.

    But yeah, does seem like it's been eons since we've seen them.

    And a fake screen, too! That was a shock. A wonderful shock.
    3 additions to the offense that I love: WR screen (already covered), Empty sets (quick game) and RBs targetted as part of the primary progression in the passing game:



    A lot of teams go empty and split a RB out wide....but not many actually target them (other then the Pats I can't really think of any off the top of my head)

    Its nice to see G-Ro making the defense respect the RB when they're out there in empty





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //->