Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roman Presser
    I’d also like to thank my comrades-in-arms, the offensive staff. David Culley is a new addition to our staff. Dave is going to factor in big to what we do and how we do it. He isn’t here right now. He’s on assignment, and don’t ask me what that assignment is.
    Aaron Kasinitz-I know you mentioned him earlier, but why did assistant head coach/wide receivers coach/passing coordinator David Culley fit what you guys wanted to do here, and what is that dynamic going to be like that you expect once things get rolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    “I think that’s a great question. I’ve known David over the years. There are some of us. James [Urban] has worked with him before, coach [John] Harbaugh has worked with him before, but David has an outstanding history of getting players to perform. It’s quite simply just production. He has a great background. He spent 18 years with Andy Reid, and I do think he’s got a vast knowledge of football and what it takes to win in this league. So, he’s going to be a huge part of what we do moving forward. I think, really, all of us, or any coach, really, getting players to perform consistently is the No. 1 task at hand, and he has done that as good as anybody in the National Football League for quite a while. And then, I think he brings also a unique perspective. He was part of a pretty prolific offense – several of them, most recently in Kansas City – so he’s got some really good ideas that we can build into our system.
    https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...nce-transcript

Quote Originally Posted by bighoop70 View Post
    That was a great read. Thanks!

Watching the YouTube clips you posted, Ex, and all I can say is "Yes please!" I want me some of that.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Paint, I'm with you on this. I do think some are down on LJ's passing, but in 2018 he mostly went with what his instincts (running) told him. He seems to be a good student and is honing his passing skills this off-season. Not only is he a young man that is hard not to like, but agreeable to coaching. His development, along with DeCosta's 21st century drafting, should elevate the Ravens from the doldrums we've seen in the past few years... Bc
    BC & Paint,

Count me in as well. One player I'm really excited about on Offense is: Justice Hill. Hill and "Hollywood" Brown will be game changers.
    (Creative) 6x Ballot Grammy Nominee’s | (Writers) Author’s of The Plea for Righteousness | (Inspirers) Never Lose Hope | (Speakers) Humanitarianism matters | “Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.” – Albert Einstein | https://www.instagram.com/thashadoz

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

Aaron Kasinitz-I know you mentioned him earlier, but why did assistant head coach/wide receivers coach/passing coordinator David Culley fit what you guys wanted to do here, and what is that dynamic going to be like that you expect once things get rolling?

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...nce-transcript
    Great series of posts, ed. Of course Im loving Lamar, the hiring of Culley, & drafting Hollywood. Wild thought for a lot of folks around here but its almost as if Coach Harbaugh & Roman have a certain plan. Hurst, Andrews, & Hollywood are going to be a problem. Throw in Boykin & Hill and we could really have something. I'm also not writing of Turner yet either. He's got good speed & special agility...

Meanwhile Culex talkin bout McSorely lol

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    I'm also not writing of Turner yet either. He's got good speed & special agility...
    I'm looking forward to seeing him this summer as much as Hill.
    Turner is a tad slower, but yes, very slippery in his own right.
    Caught a lot of balls in CFB also IIRC.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BMORERavens View Post
    BC & Paint,

Count me in as well. One player I'm really excited about on Offense is: Justice Hill. Hill and "Hollywood" Brown will be game changers.
    It's funny that I didn't want the Ravens to draft a RB because I like the three we've already got.
    However, the more I thought about J. Hill, and the change of pace he brings, the more I am happy with the pick. EDC wants speed and an unpredictable offense and that's OK with me... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    It's funny that I didn't want the Ravens to draft a RB because I like the three we've already got.
    However, the more I thought about J. Hill, and the change of pace he brings, the more I am happy with the pick. EDC wants speed and an unpredictable offense and that's OK with me... Bc
    There were four RBs I would’ve been happy with this year at certain spots:
    Darrell Henderson (3rd round)
    Trayveon Williams (4th-5th)
    Justice Hill (4th-5th)
    Bryce Love (5th-6th)

All have potential as receivers and all are HR threats. I would’ve marginally preferred Williams at the time because he’s a more polished receiver, but I’m very happy with Hill. Dude is electric, a perfect complement to the backs we have, and a perfect fit for the offense it sounds like we’re going to run.

I think Henderson might wind up the best back in this draft, just as an aside.

For funsies, Michael Crawford and I are putting together a mock playbook that could be used this year for a summer poject.

Literally just for fun and to compare some scheme stuff.

Ed if you're interested and want to contribute let me know. Your knowledge would be great. Or anyone for that matter.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB