Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme

Yall know who ran aggressively “pro style” offenses? Jeff Fisher and John Fox. Their young QBs sucked and they were a miserable product to watch. Then Sean McVay and Matt Nagy showed up and installed “gimmick” offenses and they played exciting football and won division and conference championships.

Even Belichick is using these concepts now. Andy Reid is always on the front lines of this kind of thing and his offense blew people out of the water. How often was Mahomes under center? It’s not a gimmick anymore. It’s the way adaptable, winning teams are being run. Clinging to “pro style” offense in 2019 is nothing but stubbornness. You grow or you get left behind.

Blog Entries

Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Yall know who ran aggressively “pro style” offenses? Jeff Fisher and John Fox. Their young QBs sucked and they were a miserable product to watch. Then Sean McVay and Matt Nagy showed up and installed “gimmick” offenses and they played exciting football and won division and conference championships.

Even Belichick is using these concepts now. Andy Reid is always on the front lines of this kind of thing and his offense blew people out of the water. How often was Mahomes under center? It’s not a gimmick anymore. It’s the way adaptable, winning teams are being run. Clinging to “pro style” offense in 2019 is nothing but stubbornness. You grow or you get left behind.
    The best teams exploit defenses and do what works. How they do it is based on the personnel they have. Labels are meaningless.

We’ve seen the pats go from a pass heavy attack to run heavy week to week based on their opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The best teams exploit defenses and do what works. How they do it is based on the personnel they have. Labels are meaningless.

We’ve seen the pats go from a pass heavy attack to run heavy week to week based on their opponents.

THIS^^^ I'm just excited to see the Ravens have an offense that is fast and exciting. Which this group has the potential to do. Only time will tell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    THIS^^^ I'm just excited to see the Ravens have an offense that is fast and exciting. Which this group has the potential to do. Only time will tell.
    This team finally got an influx of young playmakers on offense. Exciting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    This team finally got an influx of young playmakers on offense. Exciting times.

Very true! I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do.

I think the offense will be a very tantalizing blend of '10 Eagles (James Urban was QB coach, David Culley was WR coach), the 2012 49ers (Greg Roman was OC), and the Lincoln Riley OU Sooners (4 Sooners drafted last 2 years including their 2 best skill position players so far, Andrews and Brown, and also Riley's concepts are being mimicked all over the NFL anyway).

ALL of these teams seem like they should be great to emulate. 2010 Eagles were thrilling and were only stopped by the SB champions. We all know what 2012 9ers did but probably won't complain about the ending . And OU has produced back to back Heisman QBs and has been debatably the best offense under Riley.

Which one of these 3 teams is drawn upon the most is very hard to predict. The obvious answer is Kaepernick-Roman 49ers due to the man calling the plays, but personnel-wise, the roster is a lot closer to the 2010 Eagles. And frankly I don't think the Ravens are willing to plunge fully into OU's system, nor do I think they should.

Quote Originally Posted by BhndEnemyLines20 View Post
    I think the offense will be a very tantalizing blend of '10 Eagles (James Urban was QB coach, David Culley was WR coach), the 2012 49ers (Greg Roman was OC), and the Lincoln Riley OU Sooners (4 Sooners drafted last 2 years including their 2 best skill position players so far, Andrews and Brown, and also Riley's concepts are being mimicked all over the NFL anyway).

ALL of these teams seem like they should be great to emulate. 2010 Eagles were thrilling and were only stopped by the SB champions. We all know what 2012 9ers did but probably won't complain about the ending . And OU has produced back to back Heisman QBs and has been debatably the best offense under Riley.
    I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Sure, being a Ravens fan has been difficult since 2014. I get that.
    32-32 over the years 2015-8.

Oklahoma Offense

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-lincoln-riley

Snippet:

Eventually, OU’s embarrassment of riches forces the defense into overdrive. At that point, few can keep up.
    The Sooners stretch the defense vertically by pairing that run game with Murray’s deep-strike ability. The way they do it horizontally is even meaner.

A football field is 53 and 1⁄3 yards wide. Oklahoma forces you to cover every inch of it, and with only 11 bodies on defense, that leaves lots of holes. At that point, the only thing that matters is that Oklahoma has faster guys than most opponents do.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries