Page 36 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme

Last edited by edromeo; 06-15-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Some good stuff here:

Opinion: Lamar Jackson is still make-or-break gamble at QB for Ravens
    JARRETT BELL | USA TODAY
    June 13, 2019
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ck/1449629001/
    In the five weeks before the start of training camp, he will work with his private quarterback coach, Joshua Harris, and might consult another in Tom House to work the fundamentals.
    “Footwork,” Jackson said. “Shoulders. Hips. You know, quarterback work.” ... Jackson summarizes the goal for personal growth – and, it can be reasoned, for making the grade – as such: “Scoring points. Not relying on our defense to win games.”
    Jackson has a new language as Roman overhauled the terminology. Gone are elongated, 25-word play-calls. The new calls, some for the same old concepts, are quick and snappy. Harbaugh called it “purposeful” when describing the systematic process of fitting the elements together. ... As Harbaugh puts it, “In order for it to make sense, you have to organize it.”

Maybe that’s why Marshal Yanda, the offensive line's linchpin, pointed to Jackson’s command in the huddle as the most noticeable difference during the offseason.

“Yeah, because last year there were games when I wasn’t in command,” Jackson said. “I’d come in last year kind of nervous, because there are grown men looking at you, depending on you to help them feed their family. Now I’m a lot more comfortable just saying different things on different plays to let my guys know where they need to be.”
    Last edited by JimZipCode; 06-15-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    JARRETT BELL | USA TODAY - June 13, 2019
    Jimmy, that's really no "stop the presses" article. I understand the gist of it, but in reality any 1st round (or any other round) QB is a gamble. While LJ might seem a bigger ? than other more traditional QBs, he might thrive with a positive attitude towards being coached-up and putting in the time to develop. Keep in mind the operative word = Opinion... Bc

Nugget on the new offense, from an unexpected source:

Jaleel Scott Looking Like a Playmaker at Wide Receiver
    https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...-wide-receiver
    “I love our offense. It’s easy to understand, and there’s a lot of things you can do with it, putting a lot of guys in different areas to attack the defense’s weaknesses.”

This feels like a stupid thing to say, but: more even than this season, I'm excited for 2020. And beyond. Imagine these guys growing and maturing, spending a few years in the system. Getting automatic with stuff.

Blog Entries

I am thinking it will be a lot like what Andy Reid runs in KC

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Some good stuff here:

JARRETT BELL | USA TODAY
    June 13, 2019
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ck/1449629001/
    25 word play calls, that's insane

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    25 word play calls, that's insane
    Typical for WCO, from what I understand.

love training camp hype

This feels like a stupid thing to say, but: more even than this season, I'm excited for 2020. And beyond. Imagine these guys growing and maturing, spending a few years in the system. Getting automatic with stuff.

Yep. I've been saying this to GWNR and others for a couple of months now.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Yep. I've been saying this to GWNR and others for a couple of months now.
    It's like the dawn of a new era.

I get frustrated with those posters here who don't see it, because Lamar threw a bad ball here & there. It is shocking how different the horizon is for this team, from what it was a mere 15 months ago. Our "5 year outlook" or whatever is utterly transformed.

Still gotta handle the details and make the necessary baby steps, to get from here to there. That work isn't going to do itself; none of this will be automatic. But, holy cow. Big picture, the difference here is just amazing. And accomplished in such a short span of time!

(And that's without even thinking about our cap status for next year.)

Wtf are 25 word playcalls exactly? A combination of words out of 25 of them? Ain't no way there's a play with that many words

Blog Entries

shift to halfback twin right open, swap 72 all-go special halfback shallow cross wide open.

^^^Thats a standard play call with a single play call in the huddle. Often they call 2 plays in the huddle and check at the line with an audible.