Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    If he were that talented he would have been the first overall pick in the draft. He improved.
    However you want to spin it, he clearly has some crazy talent. They say some QBs can make all the throws. I feel like Mahomes can make all the throws while running in any direction. He's unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Mahomes is a success because he's just about the most talented passer anyone's ever seen. He woulda broken out in any system on any team. He woulda broken out if Jeff Fisher were his coach.

Well -- maybe that last bit went a little too far.
    Well said! People act like Andy Reid is the primary reason Mahomes is so good, and if Mahomes played elsewhere he might even be a bust. That assertion is just ridiculous. Reid has certainly helped him develop, but the main reason he's so good is because he's just that talented. When you can do the things Mahomes can do, you're going to be really good no matter what system you end up in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    However you want to spin it, he clearly has some crazy talent. They say some QBs can make all the throws. I feel like Mahomes can make all the throws while running in any direction. He's unreal.
    He's... really good. Really really good. I was just commenting that he improved from the time he was drafted, is all. Some high draft picks don't. It ain't all about talent.

Blog Entries

Mahomes is a rare talent, but that was always believed. Even coming into the draft. His issue was turnovers, recklessness and lazy mechanics over the length of a game (If I remember correctly, but if not I apologize). Reid day him for a year and geared the entire offense around his arm. He is nowhere near an MVP candidate in Miami or under Jeff Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Mahomes is a rare talent, but that was always believed. Even coming into the draft. His issue was turnovers, recklessness and lazy mechanics over the length of a game (If I remember correctly, but if not I apologize). Reid day him for a year and geared the entire offense around his arm. He is nowhere near an MVP candidate in Miami or under Jeff Fisher.
    He might not be an MVP in Miami, but the difference wouldn't be that significant. He would still be a pro bowler. Immense talent almost always finds a way to succeed, presuming they don't phone it in.

Btw, he still plays with that gunslinger attitude that many viewed as recklessness. His detractors were just mistaken about how that would translate to the NFL. Some said it would be a positive, and others said it would be a negative. Turns out it was a positive, and he's a bit like another infamous gunslinger name Favre. He also still has lazy mechanics at times, but when he does it in the NFL people just admire his arm talent to make those throws rather than criticizing that it won't translate to the next level as people did when he was in college.

Again, Reid's staff helped for sure. They are excellent, and it would be silly to say they didn't make a difference in his game. However, Mahomes has All World talent, and that means he would've been very good in ANY situation.

Blog Entries

RE: Mahomes

What do you guys think (specifically) that Andy Reid does/did to help/helped Mahomes develop?

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    RE: Mahomes

What do you guys think (specifically) that Andy Reid does/did to help/helped Mahomes develop?
    That is really hard to answer. If I knew, I'd probably be able to apply for an NFL job. Ultimately what we see is the product - mostly better decision making. If it's mechanics, at least we can see that difference on film.

The point is that Andy Reid recognized the talent and made sure that the Chiefs drafted him....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    The point is that Andy Reid recognized the talent and made sure that the Chiefs drafted him....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Like EDC did with Lamar Jackson. I'm I drawing the right conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I agree with this. The place that drafts these guys does make a difference. I think Lamar is going to have a monster season, and will have a long career with us because we are building a strong around him. Lamar won't have to run 15-20 times anymore. He needs only run about 5-7 times right now, and once he gets older he'll reduce that to even less. This is why I feel for Josh Rosen, because of the screwup organization that is Arizona, Rosen is a stopgap QB, and he shouldn't be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I agree with this. The place that drafts these guys does make a difference. I think Lamar is going to have a monster season, and will have a long career with us because we are building a strong around him. Lamar won't have to run 15-20 times anymore. He needs only run about 5-7 times right now, and once he gets older he'll reduce that to even less. This is why I feel for Josh Rosen, because of the screwup organization that is Arizona, Rosen is a stopgap QB, and he shouldn't be.
    I only want to see Lamar designed runs if the game is close or we're down late. Otherwise, let's utilize the dynamic playmakers we drafted (Brown/Hill/Andrews)
    (Creative) 6x Ballot Grammy Nominee’s | (Writers) Author’s of The Plea for Righteousness | (Inspirers) Never Lose Hope | (Speakers) Humanitarianism matters | “Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.” – Albert Einstein | https://www.instagram.com/thashadoz

Blog Entries

Well he certainly isn’t throwing to open guys, having an offense built around him and allowed to get comfortable in the pocket or get into a rhythm, under Jeff Fisher.