Page 1 of 77 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Marquise Brown Presser
    EDC: "I have an affinity for OU players."
    "{Marquise}He complements our offense very well....our vision of what we want our offense to be.
    {He} Plays in an offense ,not identical, but similar to some of the things we want to do. He understands the offense."

Harbs:
    "Fits the type of offense we want to build, perfect fit for what we are trying to do offensively."
    https://www.baltimoreravens.com/vide...ise-brown-pick

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Feb-18
    “We want to make it as user-friendly as possible so guys coming in that are new from a college system … shoot, they might be a pro system, [though that’s] doubtful because there’s not a lot of them left,” Roman said.
    “They might be from a spread offense. What’s going to make the most sense to them so they can learn what we’re doing as efficiently as possible? Not only will it be geared toward guys that we’re bringing in, but it will make our whole operation more efficient.”
    https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ravens-offense

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Feb19
    So, we’re trying to really, soup to nuts, from the ground up …...No. 1, when you really look at college athletes, college football players specifically, today and how they learn the systems they’re presented with......... we really want to start fresh, start new, and from everything, from our language, from our formations, how we do everything, rebuild the thing from the ground up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman Feb19
    If we see things on college tape that would fit us, we would definitely talk about that. So, I think our offense moving forward, we’ll have a very broad core of what we do, but there will always be ancillary things that we will get into as well.”
    https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...nce-transcript

Quote Originally Posted by Bisciotti
    "I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that Lamar is not going to be running 20 times a game," said in a conference call with season ticket holders Wednesday, via ESPN. "That's not what this offense is about."
    If you are building an offense from scratch; building it around college players and what they know and you see the type of young players currently on the roster and those that were brought in this draft...………..
    (1) What an offense based on the above comments look like to you and why?
    (2) How would you, design/scheme that offense?

West Coast Offense- Quick passing WCO, Shanahan stretch zone smash-mouth WCO variant, Traditional WCO, Spread Zone WCO
    Erhardt-Perkins
    Coryell
    Multiple

What type of formations, concepts and plays would you feature?
    Last edited by edromeo; 06-01-2019 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Added Owners comment

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme

The base scheme doesn't matter that much. At this point, the differences between Coryell, Erhardt-Perkins, WCO, whatever is more terminology than anything else.

I'd rather hear them talking about fitting the scheme to the players than the other way around. With LJ at this point it'll have to be a run-first scheme, so I expect something similar to the LJ games last year with more of the quick-passing that's the staple of WCO systems mixed in with read-options.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I think it will be very much like 49ers 2011-2014, with more running and less passing.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think it will be very much like 49ers 2011-2014, with more running and less passing.
    I think it’lll be like the saints from last year. I wanted to draft McSorely and use him like they used taysom hill.

The ravens have a ton of options now. They just need to develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's right in front of our faces: it will be modeled after Lincoln Riley's at Oklahoma.
    I've been watching 2017 and 2018 of them all afternoon.

Overall, the potential flexibility that I see on this roster now is ground-breaking.
    Certainly for THIS franchise, but to a great degree, league-wide as well.

One simple nugget from 2017, tells me that I think we could see Ingram and Hill flanking Lamar pretty often--especially with a lead in the 2nd half.
    OK did some nasty things from that look in 2017--particularly how they moved the ball vs. a very good OSU defense in week 2 (?).

McSorley (who is slower, but 10lbs bigger than JHill, and a bit faster, but 10lbs less than Ingram) may have some packages back there too, and not necessarily RZ-exclusive.

Snead is best in the slot, if you move him around, you may a hole in the defensive scheme and a LB or FS now way out of position on the perimeter---oh, and there's MBrown eyeing a back-side slant or post right through the seam/hole that Snead's shift just created.

Boykin, Andrews and Hurst gives Roman crazy flexibility in the slot and the perimeter, as we saw in 2018 with the latter two guys.

I think there's going to be a ton of pressure on opponents' LBs and safeties when they face the Ravens. A ton. If MIKE and/or the FS (or deep safeties if C2) mis-read the mesh, or get fooled by the fake jets and fake screens (more Riley nastiness), or lose track of the smallest guy on the field, or over-commit to the fastest guy on the field (yes, they are the same person), they will get beat.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I think it's right in front of our faces
    You changed your Kirk!

Blog Entries

I think the current Ravens staff wants this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd_41tM6H2Y

Wile E. Coyote is the opposing defense and the Road Runner is the Ravens offense... Bc

Blog Entries

I think it's right in front of our faces: it will be modeled after Lincoln Riley's at Oklahoma.
    I've been watching 2017 and 2018 of them all afternoon.

Overall, the potential flexibility that I see on this roster now is ground-breaking.
    Certainly for THIS franchise, but to a great degree, league-wide as well.

One simple nugget from 2017, tells me that I think we could see Ingram and Hill flanking Lamar pretty often--especially with a lead in the 2nd half.
    OK did some nasty things from that look in 2017--particularly how they moved the ball vs. a very good OSU defense in week 2 (?).

McSorley (who is slower, but 10lbs bigger than JHill, and a bit faster, but 10lbs less than Ingram) may have some packages back there too, and not necessarily RZ-exclusive.

Snead is best in the slot, if you move him around, you may a hole in the defensive scheme and a LB or FS now way out of position on the perimeter---oh, and there's MBrown eyeing a back-side slant or post right through the seam/hole that Snead's shift just created.

Boykin, Andrews and Hurst gives Roman crazy flexibility in the slot and the perimeter, as we saw in 2018 with the latter two guys.

I think there's going to be a ton of pressure on opponents' LBs and safeties when they face the Ravens. A ton. If MIKE and/or the FS (or deep safeties if C2) mis-read the mesh, or get fooled by the fake jets and fake screens (more Riley nastiness), or lose track of the smallest guy on the field, or over-commit to the fastest guy on the field (yes, they are the same person), they will get beat.
    Very good points. I think Harbs is throwing out some smokescreens when it comes to the offense. We don’t just draft a Hollywood Brown to let his best talents waste.

Saw this article today about the draft tipping the hand to our offensive strategy:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/4...-rams-dolphins
    (Creative) 6x Ballot Grammy Nominee’s | (Writers) Author’s of The Plea for Righteousness | (Inspirers) Never Lose Hope | (Speakers) Humanitarianism matters | “Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.” – Albert Einstein | https://www.instagram.com/thashadoz

I've been watching 2017 and 2018 of them all afternoon. ...
    BPR, I don't watch much college football. I only have vague impressions of Oklahoma's offense. For those of us in the dark on this, can you summarize the main ideas of what they do? Any predictions for which aspects will or won't make their way into our NFL playbook or will or won't work against NFL defenses?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I think it’lll be like the saints from last year. I wanted to draft McSorely and use him like they used taysom hill.

The ravens have a ton of options now. They just need to develop.

This is a good comparison, remember two former Saints on the team (Willie Snead, Mark Ingram) and Hollywood Brown can be our Brandin Cooks. Having Lamar Jackson instead of Drew Brees however changes things in terms of him adding to the run game, and not being quite as good on the timing routes. (very few QBs in the history of the game have been as good as Drew Brees on timing routes). Still, I expect a lot of crossing routes and "pick plays" and heavy use of the TE.

The Philly Eagles under Michael Vick is probably the best comparison. Someone else made that on another thread. Yes their coordinator was Marty Mornhinweg -- we can have the same terminology but have better in-game calls from Roman.

Ravens 2019 Offense Scheme

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    This is a good comparison, remember two former Saints on the team (Willie Snead, Mark Ingram) and Hollywood Brown can be our Brandin Cooks. Having Lamar Jackson instead of Drew Brees however changes things in terms of him adding to the run game, and not being quite as good on the timing routes.

The Philly Eagles under Michael Vick is probably the best comparison. Someone else made that on another thread. Yes their coordinator was Marty Mornhinweg -- we can have the same terminology but have better in-game calls from Roman.
    WNC that’s a great call out. I actually like your scenario better.

Last edited by Ravens75; 04-29-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Jimmy that’s a great call out. I actually like your scenario better.
    Who's Jimmy? My name is Jason if you would like to know.