Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Miles Boykin

i believe he was the last wr drafted in round 3

2. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Miles Boykin

Boykin seems to run some pretty rough routes, but he's SO SMOOTH and quick-twitchy (that's a word now. Deal with it), he seems to OOZE separation even with the crappy routes. And his hands are extremely strong.

We kept knocking the Hollywood pick because he didn't have a big catch radius. Miles Boykin? Dude's got a huge catch radius.

And he could probably compete in the Olympics with some of his speed and agility numbers. Very, very good prospect, I think. Let's hope he's willing to work to maximize his potential.

4. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Miles Boykin

Quote Originally Posted by PodunkExpress View Post
    A 6.77 3-cone??? At 6'4 and 220+ lbs?!?! Like, I know it's the Underwear Olympics, but that's mutant-like.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Because at this moment he's more of an athlete than a football player. ... His release is poor, his separation is poor. He can catch the ball cause his hands are real strong and he can run but he doesn't know how to use his body all that well yet. He's a project.
    I don't agree with any of that.

Boykin fell to the end of the third because he didn't have the stats, because he played in a shitty passing offense with a shitty QB. His releases are good, his separation is excellent, and his body control is terrific. He could use some refinement in route-running, particularly coming back to the QB and keeping his crossing breaks flat. But that's basically every rookie WR. Boykin's route-running is good, but it's not yet polished NFL vet route-running. Which, of course.

Don't fool yourself into thinking there was justification. Boykin fell because of statistical production.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    A 6.77 3-cone??? At 6'4 and 220+ lbs?!?! Like, I know it's the Underwear Olympics, but that's mutant-like.
    He actually had a higher sparq score than DK Metcalf. So we actually got the most athletic WR in the draft, who looks like he's got better hands and routes than metcalf. PFF gave him a 1st round grade. And we still got an Edge rusher who also was considered by some a 1st round grade. Crushing it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    He actually had a higher sparq score than DK Metcalf. So we actually got the most athletic WR in the draft, who looks like he's got better hands and routes than metcalf. PFF gave him a 1st round grade. And we still got an Edge rusher who also was considered by some a 1st round grade. Crushing it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    where is hollywood?

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I mean 6.77 three cone yall. That’s insane.
    Which was precisely why so many posters here did not want Metcalf after he ran a 7.38. Day 2 has been pretty solid for us.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    where is hollywood?
    Hollywood didn’t get a chance to test because of the Lisfranc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    where is hollywood?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Hollywood didn’t get a chance to test because of the Lisfranc.
    Also, Sparq includes the player's weight and his bench press. Even if Marquise's reported bench number is accurate, he's still teeny-tiny. He would rank low in any percentile system that includes a size component.

EDIT:
    Sorry, I should have said this his low weight would drag down his overall ranking, to some extent.

Can I just say? I love Boykins little hands-flip TD celebration.

I don't know why. I just find it adorable. Can't wait to see it in Charm City.