Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Gimme your RED STAR player

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    It’s Cody Ford for me. I’m smitten with him on the field, and while I wouldn’t pretend to know anything about his (or anyone’s) character, he was scout team player of the year as a redshirt freshman, and after breaking his leg in 2016 and getting a little (understandably) out of shape in the process, he transformed his body prior to last season and took a huge step forward. All of which would indicate a great work ethic and love for the game.

Outside of the very top tier he is my guy and I’m really, really hoping he falls.
    Another good one.

His posture, body control, aggression and ability in space are incredible. I think he has KO potential as a LG here, espeically in this scheme.

You put Cody Ford at LG and Matt Skura will be just fine as a starting C.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Another good one.

His posture, body control, aggression and ability in space are incredible. I think he has KO potential as a LG here, espeically in this scheme.

You put Cody Ford at LG and Matt Skura will be just fine as a starting C.
    KO is a great comp. Just unbelievably nimble given his size and power. And like KO he wants to absolutely destroy whoever’s in front of him.

KO is a great comp. Just unbelievably nimble given his size and power. And like KO he wants to absolutely destroy whoever’s in front of him.
    Compare his type of aggression to a Lamont Gaillard. Gaillard is going to have a hard time in the pros becuase he's so aggressive that he gives up his posture and, in effect, gives up his leverage points too often.

It's one of the most important things about Ford as a prospect. He's aggressive, but he's so tactical about it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
    Drew Lock
    I think you misspelled tua tagovailoa. Unfortunately, he doesn’t come out until next year’s draft

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    I think you misspelled tua tagovailoa. Unfortunately, he doesn’t come out until next year’s draft
    I already have some RSR bucks riding on Tua not being the top QB in the draft next year.

His arm is absolutely ridiculous and he’s a really tough kid but he has some pretty major questions to answer about his vision and processing speed. Honestly the obscene talent level at Bama doesn’t do him any favors—for the most part last year in that power spread he was able to tear through the record books on arm talent alone.

Blog Entries

No secret I like Clelin Ferrill (EDGE - Clemson), but I'm so tired of people telling me he isn't a "scheme fit" with the Ravens. He's still my 1st choice, but my back-up would be Cody Ford (Oline - OK). Immediate starter @ LG. If both are available @ #22, then I'd probably have to :

"Heads!" ... Bc

Lindstrom

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    JJ Arcega Whitside
    JJAW is as close to a sure thing as you are going to find. That doesn’t mean he’s the best prospect. What it does mean is that he’s going to perform exactly as you expect. A guy who can catch everything is exactly what the Ravens need.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    JJAW is as close to a sure thing as you are going to find. That doesn’t mean he’s the best prospect. What it does mean is that he’s going to perform exactly as you expect. A guy who can catch everything is exactly what the Ravens need.
    AJ has a comparable if not higher floor and a much higher ceiling. Imo.

Blog Entries

AJ has a comparable if not higher floor and a much higher ceiling. Imo.
    AJ Brown has a lot more potential I just don’t see him s the sure thing that JJAW is. I don’t see the floor being as high