Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Please, Don't Draft This Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I don't watch much college football but N'Keal Harry seems like a guy who couldn't separate in college...
    Some say they don't want Metcalf, but they want Harry. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I’m with Shaslers on this one. I took some time to try and be different about this, but the answer is just obvious here.
    I'll make it three. Metcalf just does not have the change of direction to separate.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I see a lot of mock drafts lately that have us drafting Marquise brown. I just don’t see the fit. Our best WR last year was pretty much a poor mans version of Marquise in John brown, and he had like 8 catches in 7 games when Lamar took over.

4. Re: Please, Don't Draft This Guy

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSedjro20 View Post
    I don't want either. In fact, I don't want a WR @ 22, but would be ok with AJ Brown depending on who else is on the board.

That said, in answering the OP, I'll pile on the anti-Metcalf sentiment. If there was just one red flag, maybe you role the dice, but I'm looking at: 1) mediocre college production, 2) David Boston physique, 3) god awful 3-cone, and 4) weird social media post @Ravens medical check. Too much smoke to take the risk @ 22 for his "potential," IMHO.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSedjro20 View Post
    I like Harry a lot better than Metcalf. If you are a play-action team then Harry is going to be in a ton of one on one matchups since he doesn't try to blow past anyone with speed. He's going to win a lot of those matchups. That's a fit for the Ravens.

Metcalf is much more of a guy trying to make home run plays on every snap. That's either going to put him of position in a short ball offense or just make him more of a 3rd read from the QB. He's not going to see as many passes unless he just blows people away with some amazing catches. Most of us don't really see that as likely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    There are four different WRs I’d take over Clelin Ferrell 😂 that’s the beauty of this place though.
    OUCH! Nj you really know how to hurt a guy (LOL)... Bc

Blog Entries

I'm on the Butler/Metcalf "don't draft" bandwagon as well, due to drops.

But that poses a question in my mind that I haven't seen addressed, which is: what is the actual cost of a dropped pass?

All positions come with mistakes and blown assignments that hurt their teams. Drops are out in the open -- glaring and obvious. Are we over rating them because they're so easy to see and remember?

How much -- really -- do they hurt a team? On lets say 100 targets, if Player A drops 8 and player B drops 2, there's a measurable difference we can all see (*let's assume these are wide open, no debate drops). Now lets say Player A has a 10% larger catch radius and gets 12% more YAC than player B. Now what? Are they even? Should we still shun Player A because those 6 extra drops aren't worth the YAC or couple extra balls he catches with his better catch radius?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    I don't want either. In fact, I don't want a WR @ 22, but would be ok with AJ Brown depending on who else is on the board.

That said, in answering the OP, I'll pile on the anti-Metcalf sentiment. If there was just one red flag, maybe you role the dice, but I'm looking at: 1) mediocre college production, 2) David Boston physique, 3) god awful 3-cone, and 4) weird social media post @Ravens medical check. Too much smoke to take the risk @ 22 for his "potential," IMHO.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Pretty much feel the same

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    There are four different WRs I’d take over Clelin Ferrell 😂 that’s the beauty of this place though.
    I have to admit, after DK, I'm maybe the most underwhelmed by Ferrell as far as guys people are commonly mocking to the Ravens. I feel like these are probably the 2 worst values at 22 that I'm seeing. I'm seeing projections for Winovich that are all over the place (some legit, NFL media-type mocks have him available to us at #85 in round 3), but I like him better than Ferrell.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I like Harry a lot better than Metcalf. If you are a play-action team then Harry is going to be in a ton of one on one matchups since he doesn't try to blow past anyone with speed. He's going to win a lot of those matchups. That's a fit for the Ravens.

Metcalf is much more of a guy trying to make home run plays on every snap. That's either going to put him of position in a short ball offense or just make him more of a 3rd read from the QB. He's not going to see as many passes unless he just blows people away with some amazing catches. Most of us don't really see that as likely.
    This is just...Wrong. Egregiously so. Fundamental fallacies with that argument.

I don't understand how N'keal Harry can be so coveted by Ravens fans, but not JJAW? JJAW is better at contested catches than Harry. JJAW has proven himself as a redzone weapon, using his frame to box out defenders whereas Harry had awful production in the redzone. Harry has horrible release techniques and struggles with press. JJAW is slightly more explosive. The only thing i'll give to Harry over JJAW is his YAC ability.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Any WR with out 1st pick, unless we trade down far enough to pick up an additional 2nd.
    I am not happy with the 2019 crop as 1st rounders... Bc
    I feel that way but my poll is getting crushed